taking lives and making drones: a tribetwelve collective mix
thought I might as well make it a twofer day on TribeTwelve mixes
Art by Sarah Larue, of askthedrunkslendycrew. The account appears to be inactive; Sarah, if you don’t want me to use this art let me know and I’ll take it down.
this may look familiar to you; it is a re-doing of this older Collective mix. I like this version a lot better. I never did get around to posting the old version on 8tracks anyway.
1. The Children / Yeasayer (the collective)
We are children and we’ll give you trouble
if we don’t like what you’re doing and we think that it is wrong.
Now we’re satisfied, but when we’re not…
We are taking lives and making drones.
2. Devil’s Eyes / Creech Holler (the observer)
You’ve got the devil’s eyes/I can see you every time
3. Clint Eastwood / Gorillaz (firebrand)
So I’m gonna stick around and be a mentor
Bust a few rhymes so motherfuckers
Remember where the thought is
I brought all this so you can survive when law is lawless
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead
No squealing, remember
that it’s all in your head
4. Masks / Meredith Monk (swain)
5. The National Anthem / Radiohead (deadhead)
everyone, everyone around here/everyone has got the fear
it’s holding on
6. Lofticries / Purity Ring (cursor)
Beat weighty tests with lofty cries
Lofty cries with trembling thighs
Weepy chests with weepy sighs
Weepy skin with trembling thighs
7. Burn - Up / Siouxsie and the Banshees (firebrand)
A crumpled future in your fist
The killing streak ascends sun kissed
And the fire starter from within
pokes out from fever blistered grin
8. Cold Sweat / YVETTE (mr scars)
9. Primary / The Cure
the further we go and older we grow
the more we know, the less we show
10. A Good Man is Hard to Find / Sufjan Stevens (observer
once, in the backyard, she was once like me, she was once like me
twice, when I killed them, they were once at peace, they were once like me
hold to your gun, man, and put off all the beast
11. We Suck Young Blood (Your Time Is Up) / Radiohead (the collective)
Are you sweet?
Are you fresh?
Are you strung up by the wrists?
We want the young blood
12. We Can’t Be Stopped / Ratatat (the collective)