Crank is Ace, and Kate is Dispatch. This is something I’ve known since the first reading of the comic, but after talking to my friends and rereading the comic multiple times I found more evidence then them just looking similar. And its fun to find as much proof as possible for something.
1) Obviously first clue; Ace and Crank both have the Mohawk ™
2) In an about character robo did “daddy” is included in his pronouns. He can be seen referring himself this way to his dog, and Crank refers to himself the same way when fighting Redshift
3) Crank got hit in the chin; Ace has a bruise on his chin…
4) Ace talks about getting into a fight with a short person. Elliot is short…
5) Kate says her and Ace work in private security…. hmmmmm…
6) The Crank and Dispatch uniforms conventually cover up Ace’s forearm tattoos and Kate’s shoulder tattoo…
7)Kate refers to a mysterious source of cash to pay for her mother’s medical bills, one that she wouldn’t approve of… like ‘private security’
8) We know Kate is mexican and she spoke in spanish to Elliot at the beginning of the comic. Dispatch says adios when her and crank leave Elliot and Redshift. I know that two character speaking spanish does not make them one character but with the heaps of other evidence coupled with this it’s pretty much guaranteed Ace is Crank and Kate is Dispatch unless there’s some major plot twist and these are a red herring
But now the question comes down to why? We kind of have an explanation for why Kate is in the business, but why is Ace there? Is he just there for support or does he have his own reasons? Also How did they get into this business? And do they know that Elliot is sharp zero???? Because they saw the weird tattooed arm and Elliot has those tattoos. If/When they do what are they going to do about it? Are they going to ignore it until it becomes a problem? What happens if they get in a fight with sharp zero again??? WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN ELLIOT FIGURES IT OUT???
Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your
friends. Yes; your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are
strong. Especially for your… sister. So, you have a twin sister.
Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her
from me. Now, his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark
Side… then perhaps she will… (Insp)
[harry osborn voice] peter parker??? nah what a nerd what a— [trips] [hundreds of photos of peter spill out of jacket] w-what a fucking loser i—these arent mine im just [gathering them up frantically sweating] listen i just listen fuck [thousands of pictures of peter scatter across the floor] shit fuck im holding them for a friend jus t liSTEN