so in the Ep. 10 teaser, viktor asks yuuri what yuuri is going to get him for christmas and yuuri says “something round and gold.”
we all know he’s talking about a gold medal BUT JUST THINK OF THIS:
- yuuri loses the grand prix (maybe still places but doesn’t get gold).
- viktor is, of course, totally proud of him either way, obviously.
- but anyway, after the grand prix, for christmas (and viktor’s birthday too, technically), they’re sitting on the floor exchanging presents.
- yuuri hands viktor his present and says “even though i didn’t win the gold medal….”
- and viktor is confused, looking down at the box, but starts unwrapping his gift.
- when he opens the box, he finds a pair of gold bands and yuuri says “i still wanted to get us* something round and gold for christmas.”
- and viktor picks up the ring meant to be yuuri’s and picks up yuuri’s hand, slipping the ring on his finger. viktor’s hands are shaking. yuuri’s hands are shaking.
- and then yuuri picks up the ring meant to be viktor’s and places it on viktor’s hand.
- they probably both have tears in their eyes at this point and viktor pulls yuuri into a hug (picture: yuuri and viktor both on their knees on the floor, arms wrapped tightly around each other, one of viktor’s hands is clutching at the back of yuuri’s head like he did when he cushioned yuuri’s fall in ep. 7).
- and then viktor says something like “you know, i’ve had the chance to wear a lot of gold in my life… but this? i think this fits better than any of my medals ever did.” or something equally corny and life-destroying.
- and then they’re kissing and showering each other in “i love you”s because they’re so damn in love and i’m going to die just writing this.
- (and later, when viktor and yuuri are in bed, and yuuri is asleep, viktor slips the ring off of his finger to look at it in his hand and he notices a tiny engraving in japanese on the inside of the band. the next day, he asks yuuri what the characters mean and yuuri blushes, but tells him “it’s ‘stay close to me’ in japanese…” and then viktor is grabbing at yuuri’s hand and yuuri is low-key resisting because he’s embarrassed but when viktor finally gets it off of his finger, he notices that “stay close to me” is engraved on the inside of yuuri’s band in russian. and then viktor is smothering yuuri in love and affection again because really. this boy. is too much. <3 )
- (also, even though they can’t actually get married in either of their home countries, it’s a promise that one day, when they can, they will make that commitment to each other. but until that day comes, they know what the bands mean to them and what they stand for - a promise to stay by each other’s side.)
*I’m saying “us” because winning a gold medal would be just as much for Yuuri as it would be Viktor and getting engaged would be just as important to both of them.