Personal Safety on Campus!
Because I know a lot of my followers will be leaving home and going to college soon I wanted you all to make sure that you pack something you might not of thought about, safety devices. Unfortunately we still live in a shitty world so we should protect ourselves. These are all methods I have used myself and unfortunately I have had to use all of them at some point. Hopefully you will never need to use any of these but I would rather you all be safe.
All these tips are gender neutral because anyone can be assaulted, friends. (Although we all know you’re more likely to be assaulted if you’re a woman or LGBT+ so please consider these)
There are several different ways to make yourself feels safer while walking home late at night.
- I personally carry a knife with me at all times, make sure yours is legal in your state and you can carry it on campus because some campuses have restrictions on spring or size of the blade. Get familiar with it and how it feels. You don’t want the first time you use it to be the time you need it the most.
- Pepper spray, tasers, and alarm keychains. I’ve used this one and I recommend it if you don’t have a ton of experience with pepper spray or tasers. Pick what you’re comfortable with. The personal alarm is super easy to use and loud as fuck. Attach it to your keychain when you carry your keys.
- General tips
- No headphones when walking in low populated or dark areas alone
- Stay aware, walk with purpose.
- Lots of colleges offer FREE self defense classes, take one and bring your friends with you.
- If you’re on campus late at night ask someone from class to walk with you part of the way. No one will tell you “No” for this.
- Stay on guard even when you’re in your Uber home.
- Never go clubbing alone
- Safety apps. There are several. SafeTrek is a popular one!
These are just basic tips and you should further educate yourself on what you can do to stay safe. Just general reminders of things you should get before heading off to college. Stay safe, lovelies!