the quick and the dead (1995) | dir. by sam raimi
this movie is like the comic book version of a western:
- it has a kickass female lead character out for revenge
- it has a hot priest looking for redemption for his past sins
- it has leonardo dicaprio when he was young and cute and charming
- oh yeah and the priest is played by a bb russell crowe
- it has gene hackman as an all-time great villain
- it’s full of tropes and clichés but doesn’t take itself too seriously
- actually it’s full of zooms and pans and gimmicky comic-y camera stuff
- not good: there is off-screen sexual violence against a minor char
- good: the rapist GETS SHOT IN THE BALLS bc of it. by a woman.
- westworld, if you want to do it, that’s how you do it
seriously, go watch it.