it’s been a whole four days and it’s time for a reread update!! finished the fires of heaven, maybe now that I’ve finished five books I’ll, you know, read something else
hahaha just kidding lords of chaos is one of my faves
- I’M SO UPSET ABOUT MOIRAINE. like, I knew it was coming this time so all of the “saying goodbye without actually saying goodbye”, ouch
- rand’s repeated fixation on his own death is a very emotional thing for me. I’m not saying “depressed protagonists” but that is absolutely what I’m saying
- the end scene with rand stalking rahvin is still fantastic, I just really love the mental image of rand appearing in front of rahvin and rahvin running around going “oh shit oh shit oh shit” (and then getting his dilf face hella burned off by nynaeve)
- I can’t remember how I felt about all the “how can more than one woman be with a dude” last time but this time around I’m definitely just like “ladies come on, polyamory this shit, you all love each other anyway”
- ah asmodean, we barely knew ye. I must say I feel bad for him this time around, like, his situation is pretty fucked. and also love his consistent Ironic Music Choices.
- man I really forgot how much rand gets beaten to hell and back in all of these books, but he really does.
- into it.