Maaaak, do you like shoujo? ♥ (I think you mentioned it to me once, but I'm not sure) if you do, what are your favorite anime/mangas?
LONG POST AHEAD!
I do like shoujo :3c ♥ ♥ ♥ i’ve loved shoujo ever since Cardcaptor Sakura ~ (that was one of my fave childhood animes
here’s a list of my favorite ones (so far, in no particular order):
1. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster the theme song is sooooooo catchy and adorable and so rainbow-y! there’s a maka look alike! (she’s in my header btw), and haru is just the sweetest dorkiest anime character. i have a soma au for this. and there is a love triangle. i need a season 2. i am dying. save me. this has been one of my favorite shoujo animes for a long time ♥
2. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary it’s kind of not a typical shoujo, because it has a lot of action in it- but the art & animation style is just #artgoals and #gorgeous and the characters are so lovable i could scream. also i have not watched the movies yet but i would so love to watch them soon
3. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i honestly would recommend the manga (since it’s better than the anime), but i love the ending song???? it’s so catchy and i will make a soma animation for it one day. this was honestly the inspiration for my mak persona! i only recommend it if you read a bit of the manga and want to see it animated
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your Lie in April if you’ve seen tumblr posts and gifs about this and know a thing or two about the story, then you know why this is my fave. the art and animation style is AHMAZING, the story is sooooo good??? (feels though im warning you) the ending could have been a little bit slower? but it still wraps up the anime very well, it gives all the characters closure. (did i mention the characters are all lovable too??). also i want to animate the theme song for soma au not gonna lie
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair the ones who produced this was the same animation studio that handled Soul Eater!! (studio bones)!! girl power tbh shirayuki (the red haired girl) is such an independent girl
i love her. also there’s a white haired boy who i think you’ll love cuz he is already one of my cinnamon rolls. freaking potential SoMa au i tell u (there are 2 seasons but i wish for another one) (also i love shirazenobi) (casually tags @l0chn3ss)
6. Nisekoi / False Love soul’s VA is the same as the male main character’s VA. nuff said. no but seriously i love every single character here. it’s the only harem i would dare to watch. it’s so funny and light-hearted and the plot will keep having twists. it’s really fun to watch. @l0chn3ss, @flamedork and i made a SoMa au for it last soma week :D the anime ending had something missing to it, but i believe you’ll still enjoy it nonetheless
7. Nagi no Asukara / A Lull in the Sea OKAY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TBH out of all of the shoujo animes i listed as my fave, this one takes the cake. i actually did not expect any of the twists, and the story goes really deep. the ending could have gone better tbh (im so salty about how it ended too quickly), but the characters and how everyone interacts, it just makes you keep wanting to watch it D: (plus! the art style is adorable im crying about it. the animation of the waves and the sea– and the opening and ending themes are soooo cool
8. Cardcaptor Sakura oldie but goodie! there’s also a reboot coming up (or a sequel i think? based on the new Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Cards manga- which is so amazing for people who love nostalgic shows) idk if i can say any more about it, but it’s a magical girl story! and i love every single character. syaoran is my blushy-blush child.
9. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru / This Art Club Has a Problem! this was one of the most recent i’ve watched and it’s totally not like all the others. mainly because… it’s just so random? it’s a school anime about an art club and i just love the characters and the randomness of it all. i totally ship these two who are just so cute together but the guy is too dense. eurghhh (this anime has a manga but i havent read it so i cant say much about it)
10. Tamako Market this is one of the cutest shoujo i’ve ever seen. oh my gosh- you will love tamako. for sure. also! the animation is so fluid and adorable! the opening will make u puke rainbows bc of the cuteness, and the ending is so aesthetic, every scene would be worthy for a gifset. the story is different for a school type anime (it’s more centered on the marketplace tamako lives in) and it revolves around all the characters and their development and relationship to tamako :3
11. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (i’ve memorized this anime title) / We Still Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw that Day (or in shorter terms: AnoHana) this anime is definitely one of the best ones. it will make you cry. produced by A-1 pictures, the same ones who animated this prized piece. you will definitely cry. it’s best if you watch for yourself if you havent watched it yet ;w; p.s. i love menma so much hrhrrrr
1. Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daytime Shooting Star the art style of this manga is my aesthetic tbh. the characters and the love triangle is my fave part– for me, ending could have been less rushed tho (i will fight for mamura) (just a warning, there’s a teacher-student thing going on)
JUST LOOK AT THE ART STYLE DAMN
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster yeah this has a manga too! i love the characters and the love triangle too (you can see i have a type), and the art style is so lit, you’re gonna love it. i don’t remember if i loved the ending, but yeah it’s completed as well
3. Taiyou no Ie / House of the Sun i don’t remember much of the story anymore (since it was such a long time ago since i last read it), but the art style is so cute it will give u cavities. it’s kind of weird since the couple may seem like siblings, but eh, they’re just really close childhood friends. if you like domestic fluff, you will love this.
4. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i basically love the character development. the art style also gets better over time and the story so far is going through so many twists. i have not caught up too much so pls no spoilers :“)
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair yeah this has a manga too! right now the manga is still ongoing so it’s not too late to catch up :”) i also need to catch up though hehe
6. Nisekoi / False Love it also has a manga!! if the anime is super good, then the manga is so much better. it handles so much character development and i seriously got addicted to it the more i kept reading. unfortunately it’s finished (i wanted to see more heh), but the ending is kept with good closure for each character (for a harem, that’s a blessing), but it also depends on who you’re betting on for raku ;w;
(not sure if i should add this but i want to talk about it :>)
1. Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name have i talked about this enough? no? well im gonna talk about it anyway
it’s so amazing. i literally screamed all throughout (well maybe not really). the animation. the voice acting. the characters. the designs. the music. the aesthetic. the story. THE STORY AGH you will cry. or at least be moved.
2. Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice this movie gave me a great hype tbh. even though the ending could have been a bit more thought out (as you can see i have such a high standards for endings), the story and the feels totally made up for it. it deals with a more serious topic than Kimi No Na Wa but it’s worth the watch esp if you like crying good animation and friendship-type shoujos (but u will have feels. i promise).
I’d just like to say I am happy to be here with my family. My super weird family with one Middle Eastern and one white dad, and two white daughters, and two black daughters, and one Asian husband, and…
Teen Wolf-Scooby Doo, as in, the
Teen Wolf crew driving around in the Jeep solving supernatural mysteries. Just
So I don’t know what this is, but this fic turned
out to be my ARCH NEMESIS, so, you know, make of that what you will. It’s even
alternating POVs, which I haven’t written in years upon years. So please
appreciate how much this story wanted to kill me, and how we’re still eyeing
each other with open hostility from different corners of the room.
The groundskeeper has gnarled, knotted fingers and
rheumy eyes, and it takes five hundred years for him to turn the key in the
rusted padlock. The gate creaks almost
as loud as his bones, and Derek flicks an ear in irritation.
“That’s a big dog you’ve got there,” he says, only
Stiles buries one hand in the scruff around Derek’s
neck. “Not sure he is one,” Stiles says, and Derek cocks his head up at him.
Scott has the van idling behind them.
Derek takes a deep breath and sneezes. Decay, old
blood, and sulfur flood his senses—he whines softly. He doesn’t have a good
feeling about this.
The old house looms in front of them, stone and
spires, ominous, cloaked in shadows thrown by the nearly full moon. His skin
ripples under his fur, uneasy, and he tucks his tail between his legs.
“Relax,” Stiles murmurs to him. “This is easy money,
right? A simple salt and burn.”
Derek huffs, knocks into Stiles’ side as he hastily turns
around, and then slinks back to the van. He doesn’t like this place. He never likes haunted places, too much lingering
despair that stirs up old guilt, but this house feels like it’s made out of
skeleton bones, dread sits like a stone in his belly.
Lydia already has the side of the van open. He hops
in, slides past Kira, and then digs into Stiles’ open duffle, buries his snout
in an old t-shirt that smells a little bit like Scott, too.
“Dude,” Stiles says when he climbs in after him.
Derek growls, low in his throat, and Stiles backs
off with a huffy, “Fine, be that way.”
The van grinds into gear and rolls forward slowly,
tires bumping over the cobblestone drive, and Derek feels like his chest is
Derek Hale image where he’s being a grumpy alpha
and the only one that can help him relieve his stress is y/n
Warnings: None that I remember
Sorry nonnie for the time it took to write this. I
did change grumpy to angry because I couldn’t find a good scenario with a
grumpy Derek. Hope you enjoy!
You were sat on the couch watching the
complete the Lord of the Rings trilogy when a woman walked into the loft and
Derek stepped in behind her. You felt a pang in your chest when you saw the
two, thinking that he had finally got a girlfriend. Secretly, you had hoped
that you would have been the one to go out with him, not this woman. With your
werewolf senses, you smelled that she was something weird and unknown to you. “Great, so much for going out with Derek.”
You thought. You had had a crush on Derek for approximately two years but you
never gave up hope since he had never come home with a girlfriend. But, now as
you saw him with that woman, all hope that you might have had was gone.
Derek introduced her to you, “Hey (Y/N),
this is Jennifer.”
“Hi.” You merely said, not wanting to see
the person who had taken him away from you. She didn’t really take him away from
you since he wasn’t with you but it felt as though. You unpaused the movie and ignored
the couple. You heard they go up the stairs, Jennifer was giggling. At that
sound, you felt like you would die if you pushed through this feeling any
longer so, you headed out the loft.
You didn’t really know where you were
going, you were just walking where your feet took you. You were staring at the
ground when, suddenly, you saw bare feet in front of you, claws protruding from
her toes instead of nails. A werewolf. You looked up to see her face and your
eyes met familiar glowing red eyes. The only female of Deucalion’s Alpha Pack
stood before you. You looked around to see if anyone else was around you but
Kali was the only one. You knew that you didn’t stand a chance against an Alpha
werewolf, being a newly-turned Beta. You didn’t move, not out of fear but
knowing that the odds of you be killed by her would be greater if you moved.
“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Derek Hale’s
protégée.” She smiled viciously, “I wonder what he would do if you were to end
up dead on his doorstep. What do you think (Y/N)?”
You stayed silent, partly in fear, partly voluntarily.
You knew you that if you said something wrong, she would not hesitate to kill
“Too afraid to talk?” she mocked you, “Well,
you won’t ever have to talk again since you’re going to be dead soon” she
backed up, preparing to slit your throat with a spinning hook kick.
She was gaining momentum and you were still
unmoving, when a deep voice yelled from behind you, “Kali, stop!” the Alpha
listened to the voice and stopped running. You turned around to look at your
savior and saw the newest Beacon Hills enemy, Deucalion. The Alpha smiled at
“Kali, this young lady is smarter than she
lets on. She wasn’t moving not out of fear but knowing that talking or moving
could take her life.” He told her, “She is going to be very useful for us,
especially that she is important to Derek Hale. Derek is stupid for leaving you
all alone.” He smiled, this time it was more devious. “Let’s go Kali, take her.”
You felt a hard piece of metal bang against your neck and you blacked
The next morning, Derek woke up next to
Jennifer. He discreetly left the bed, not waking the woman next to him up, and
walked towards your bedroom. He softly knocked at the door as he always did.
Usually, you would respond to the knock and he would enter the room to find you
working, reading a book or watching another one of your TV shows. This time,
you didn’t answer. He used his wolf-hearing to see if you were sleeping or
listening to music. When he didn’t hear anything, he burst into the room. Your
bed was made, your desk was free of mess. It was weird, you never made your bed
and your desk was always messy. There was only one thing on the table, a white
piece of paper. On it, was written:
have your little (Y/N). She is smarter than she lets on. She has the potential
to be very useful to us. We will return your Beta if you kill Chris Argent. He
has become a danger to us and we need him exterminated. If only this were a
recording because you would be able to hear (Y/N) yelling at me to tell you not
to do it. She is so sweet and loyal. She is willing to die for the greater
good. But don’t worry, you have until next Saturday to bring me Argent’s head
at (Y/N)’s old home. Otherwise, (Y/N) die a very long and TORTUROUS death.
a nice day, Deucalion.
When he finished reading the letter, Derek
roared and slammed his fists on the table. He was furious at the Alpha and was
ready to kill him through any means possible.
Jennifer came down the stairs, scared by
the noise, “Derek?” she asked, “are you okay?”
Derek wasn’t in need of talking, he wanted
to kill Deucalion, “GET OUT!” he roared.
Startled, Jennifer ran out of the loft,
leaving Derek to sit on (Y/N)’s bed, his eyes glowing red and claws growing in
the place of his nails. He sent a text to Scott to meet him at (Y/N)’s house.
Two hours later, both Scott’s and Derek’s
pack were ready to storm into the house to get you back. Derek kicked the door
The Alpha pack was conversing in the living
room and you were tied to a chair, gagged. The Kali immediately jumped on Scott
attacking him, while Deucalion was beating Derek to a pulp. You couldn’t do
anything because the chains were laced with wolfsbane, taking your abilities
away. So, as you saw your love being beat up, you could only whimper through
the gag. Nonetheless, that small sound of pain woke up a primal instinct to
protect you. He pushed Deucalion off himself and slammed him into the wall. The
twins moved to attack them but he clawed their chest, drawing blood and making
them collapse. Kali was still fighting with Scott and Isaac when Derek grabbed
her hair and threw her against the wall and she fell next to Deucalion.
The entirety of the Alpha pack was either unconscious
or writhing on the ground in pain. Scott rushed to untie you. Meanwhile, Derek
was still furious at the Alphas and at himself. He started punching the wall,
his anger unstoppable.
You ran to him in hopes of stopping him, “Hey
Derek, look at me, I’m alive and unharmed.”
“Yeah but they could’ve hurt you” he
replied, letting his fists down.
“I was my fault, I ran off not yours.” You told
him. All jealousy and love disappeared, all that mattered was Derek.
This continued as you kept comforting him.
Derek was still mad when you decided that the only way to stop him was by kissing
him. So, that’s what you did. You softly placed your lips on his and he
responded immediately. You felt like his lips were made for yours. Derek felt
that this was just right, that you
were the one made for him, his mate.
Here’s all my Amano style MGS characters together! I really like the look of the lot of them. Now I want to design some watercolor type group images.
Some design notes:
Snake is the one where I feel like I got to have the most fun with patterns. Since his outfit is pretty monochrome I wanted to explore textures and patterns as much as Amano does. Also his sneaking suit reminds me of a ninja in a lot of ways, so I kind of tried to make him look like that kind of lithe, svelte sort of soldier.
Meryl’s design was done with her quote, “I’m more comfortable with it (the gun) than a bra” in mind. XD For some reason that made me want to give her a semi-armor gilded boustier? She still has camo pants because she’s a tough cookie.
Hal is simple but I love him. His face is remniscent of Vivi from FF9, but he has the markings of a white mage. I think he’d be the sort of mage who uses potions and elixirs to help rather than flat out magic. He’s a little weird looking, but shaped like a friend.
LIQQUIIID was one where I got to have a lot of fun. I basically mashed up his MGS1 and TPP looks and then ran them from a FF filter. XD You can see his shoulder scarf and beaded/tooth necklaces coming into play. I think his tattoo probably shows up somewhere as well, maybe on his gloves?
Wolf I kind of imagined as one of those ultra-glamorous vilanesses. The ones where you actually kind of trust them in the first half of the game? Also, because she so used to cold temperatures, I wanted to give her furs, but also play up the cleavage the way her bodysuit in MGS1 does. I think I’d like to tinker with this and maybe give her a long coat with (kind of ermine fur style) instead.
Mantis was SO FUN TO DO. I basically woke up with ideas and sat right down to draw them out. I tried to incorporate backstory into this idea. Whereas Hal is a white mage, Mantis is obviously a black mage, and since one of the earliest forces a black mage uses is fire, I wanted to give his robes a singed look. He has a skull mask instead of a gas mask, but you can see his mop of red hair poking out from under that massive hat. Just like his game appearances, I wanted to make use of straps, but also have the robed look of a mage.
Now that I have some designs hammered out, I’m going to work on some full compositions!
A little gift for @vcr-wolfe of their sona Wolfe. They’ve always been an artistic inspiration to me and their presence as another nonbinary person who also struggles with BPD makes me feel less like fighting onward is impossible. So here’s a heraldic boofer as thanks for everything they do.
I tried to do the chromatic aberration but uh, it just kinda ended up looking like weird neon whoops. Used white gel pen and colored pencils yeye
Request: @patrickshowtimekane ASKED: Hey, do you think you could do a crossover of supernatural and teen wolf imagine where Sam & Dean Winchester are your brothers but you’re in a hidden relationship with Scott but they find out when Castiel tells them and they threaten Scott?… sorry is the request is really long!
A/N: I love spn so much <3 I hope this was goone :))
It was a lot easier to type out and answer a bunch of asks as one huge post than it was to answer them all individually and also this way its easier on the tumblr dashboard haha. So here we go: a compilation of all the questions I got sent, put under the cut for your reading pleasure (or not!). If you sent me an ask, check here for a response!
Here’s a quick little wolfiplier thing I started writing last night. I intend to finish/continue it which is why it’s going to sound a bit rough. Anyways, enjoy!
Brief summary: Mark is kidnapped by an unknown individual and even though he is saved and returned home, he later finds himself experiencing an incredibly shocking event that only Sean and Signe know how to fix with the assistance of Tyler and Amy.
@paperbaghero inspired me to write some wolfiplier so hopefully I can do their artwork justice! Check out their comic if you haven’t already, it’s awesome!! <3
The world always looked so much larger from the air, Percy thought, looping around one of the watch towers of the castle before flying upwards again. Allura and Shaun had told him countless times that there was no need for nightly fly overs with the shield up and running, but Percy had spent so long forcing down the need to feel wind beneath his wings, that he couldn’t bring himself to deny it now. The late afternoon sun felt warm, even this late into the winter, and the land fell away beneath him as he flew higher and higher. Percy let out a scree when he landed on the first tree that led to up the mountains proper, and it echoed down into the valley.
It’s the world, my dear, his mother’s voice echoed in his memory. Did you expect it to be small? He couldn’t keep his animal shapes so well then. He was lucky if he kept his skin in one form for an hour, and only as something small and simple. He could not fly or run then, could not make the earth itself bend to his will. Cassandra had made fun of him often enough in those days, even if she would also be the first to give him a cuddle when he turned into a white bunny rabbit for her amusement.
Ty, could you rec me some movies and/or tv shows you like? :)
YEAH i’m totally down!! I don’t really watch TV though, so this will be a movie rec list! (Also I haven’t watched a lot of movies recently, so a majority of these are from my teenage years)
The Fountain (2006): a layered story that interlocks three different timelines/worlds. One takes place during the 16th century where a conquistador is trying to find the Tree of Life in central America, hoping to save Queen Isabella, the second takes place in the 2000s, about a doctor coming to terms with the impending death of his wife, and the third is in the far future, where a lone man is traveling through space with a magic tree. All three timelines star the same two actors, Hugh Jackman and
Rachel Weisz, and the significance of that can be interpreted in multiple ways. The movie doesn’t have a solid Hollywood story, so the ending may feel rather unhappy, but the visual themes, music, and acting are amazing. It may seem like a typical “middle age white man pain” story on the outside, but it’s executed well and I personally really enjoy it.
The Hours (2002): based on a novel of the same name, this movie is another triple-layered story. This story revolves around Virginia Wolfe and her novel Mrs. Dalloway: one timeline follows Wolfe trying to write the novel, the second timeline follows a 50s housewife reading the novel, and the third is a 2000s re-telling of the novel. This movie could very likely be considered slow and is practically made up of all soliloquies, but again, superb acting and an overall very emotional journey. There are quite a lot of gay subthemes, with the modern Mrs. Dalloway character (played by Meryl Streep) in a long-standing and committed relationship with another woman, and there are one-sided feelings in the 50s housewife story (the housewife is played by Juliane Moore). There is a weird, potentially incestuous, kiss between Virginia Wolfe (played by Nicole Kidman) and her sister(?), so warnings for that and also lots of talk of suicide (as per accurate of Wolfe). It’s also unfortunately another all-white cast.
The Tale of Two Sisters (2003): a Korean horror movie about two sisters who return home after an extended stay in a mental institution. Their home suffers under a subtly oppressive and supernatural energy, and there are a lot of mysteries creeping about. Complicated relationships are slowly revealed between the sisters, their father, dead mother, and step mother. This story has a lot of twists, and in its center, I actually think it’s more of a tragedy rather than a true horror. I know the surface level of “psychologically troubled sisters in a horror movie” seems very cringe-worthy, but surprisingly the psychoses are treated as a separate entity from the supernatural elements (even if the lines are a bit ambiguous and blurry, there is still a line). The acting in this is amazing and makes much, much more sense when watched through a second time.
Doubt (2008): the screen adaptation of a stage play, Doubt is a very thematic story revolving around a Catholic boarding school and a molestation allegation. The lead nun (played by Meryl Streep) is suspicious of the main pastor (played by Philip Seymour) because of the close relationship he shares with the first Black child to be integrated to their school. The story is fairly simple, but the amount of psychological tension really drives the story, and the viewer’s prejudices are really put to the test. The actors deliver incredible performances, with an amazing, surprise role from Viola Davis as the child’s mother. The movie really leaves you questioning yourself by the end.
Unleashed (2005): my favorite American Jet Li film, and one of the few US movies that actually takes advantage of his incredible acting skills. This story is about a mentally disabled cage fighter, who is kept like a dog by his gang boss. Through circumstances, he gains his freedom and is saved by a blind pianist (played by Morgan Freeman), who teaches him how to live an ordinary life. Of course, his past comes to haunt him and there’s a lot of action scenes, but the core of the movie is very sweet. I also personally have a soft spot for Asian/Black co-leading actors, and movies that focus on positive relationships between the two groups (which Jet Li has also done in Romeo Must Die but the story in that one is kinda lacking). I think what’s incredible about this movie– as a childhood Jet Li fan– is seeing how his acting and personification of the character translates into the martial arts choreography. For someone who rose to stardom as “the elegant fighter,” Jet Li delivers amazing emotional impact as an unhinged and almost beast-like fighter.
Saving Face (2004): I realize most of my movies are heavy I’m so sorry, so here’s a light-hearted movie to balance things out lmao. Saving Face is a Chinese-American lgbt film, starring Michelle J. Krusiec as a lesbian surgeon. Out to her friends, but closeted to her mother and their general Chinese community, the main character falls into the responsibility of caring for her aging mother– who has mysteriously become pregnant. The mother-daughter duo must learn to live together, reconcile their relationship, and deal with losing face together in the light of their unconventional relationships. While the story is mainly focused on the parental relationship, the main character does have a relationship with another woman that receives significant screentime and development. A feel-good film that does have a lot of bilingual scenes, so watching with subtitles will be needed for non-Mandarin speakers.
Animated Movies: (obviously I’ve seen more animated movies than the ones on this list but I don’t see people talk about these films often so I’m gonna rec them)
Wolf Children (2012): the story of a mother who’s left with raising her two, half-wolf children. The movie follows her meeting a werewolf, falling in love with him, losing him, and raising the kids from infancy to middle-school age. The animation house is the same group that produced The Girl Who Lept Through Time and Summer Wars, so the quality is top-notch. The story, while generally slice-of-life, obviously has some supernatural elements to it due to the kids being werewolves, but is still able to retain the evocative nature of a parental coming-of-age story. There are a lot of themes of love and loss, so it’s not a very feel-good film, but the ending leaves quite the impact on the viewer.
Tokyo Godfathers (2003): a dramedy movie from Satoshi Kon, this film follows the story of three homeless people: a teenage girl and two middle-aged adults, an alcoholic father and a former drag-queen (who now identifies as a trans woman). During the Christmas holiday, the three stumble on an abandoned baby, and more or less decide to find the parents. Their journey takes them across Tokyo, through unbelievable and hilarious circumstances, and also through each of their unresolved pasts and motivations. The animation in this movie is amazing, and the story is light but human enough to strike at your emotions. Hana-san, the trans woman, may come across initially as a caricature, but she is treated with respect and humanity just like the other two characters.