summer has (un)officially begun! here are some sweet tips and tricks to help you maintain your productivity during these fun times, even if you’re out of school.
- wake up at a respectable time. seriously. if your sleep schedule is all out of wack, then chances are that your productivity will be too. i usually make it a point to go to bed before 11:30 p.m, and i wake up between 7-8:30 a.m. modify this to your needs, obviously, but maintaining a sleep timetable that you can stick to is important. you can go off it a few times, of course (midnights at the beach, anyone?), because hey! it’s summer. just tailor to your needs.
- find a new hobby! whether it’s cooking, learning a language, or exercising, picking up a new interest over the summer keeps you occupied and creates a healthy habit for you before the next school year.
- online lectures/schooling. a super cool way to learn a bit more, with videos and lectures from some of the school’s top universities. it might be a little over your head, but it’ll give you something neat to chew on and some bonus education. plus, it’s of YOUR choosing.
- volunteer work! i love to coach at my nearby pool, it’s a fun way to interact with kids AND i earn some volunteer hours. find something near you, and a make it a day-long opportunity or even a month-long project. it feels good to give back to the community.
- water. oh my god, drink water. it’s a season of extremes, no matter where you are, and drinking water is oh so important to stay healthy when you’re not actively thinking about it. buy a 32 oz water bottle (or, if you’re feeling fancy, a cute tumbler) and fill it up with water. drink that. all of it. repeat. keep repeating.
- create a healthy routine that allows you to feel productive even when you’re not really doing anything. for me, that’s forcing myself to make my bed, get dressed, etc. by 10:00 a.m. that way, i feel as if i’ve started my day, even though i’ve only done the smallest things. that usually gives me motivation to continue with my tasks.
- most importantly, enjoy it! whether you’re going on vacation or not, taking classes, whatever, it’s summer and you should enjoy your break. take a day off sometimes. go out with your friends. do something that makes you happy.
hope y’all enjoyed! have a wonderful summer x