My Top 11 + Thoughts
Here’s an unrealistic Top 11 (sorta in order of how much I want them in Top 11):
- Kim Jaehwan: Top vocalist for sure. He fits all types of songs. If anyone was doubting Jaehwan’s idol ability, I’m sure he proved them wrong in Sorry Sorry; if they were doubting his high note power, he proved them wrong in Downpour. Thank god he won his group, he was just so amazing. And for a singer, he’s got pretty damn good idol presence. I hope one-pick voting doesn’t hurt him too much, because with what this group looks like, BOI/OIO is going to need him a lot.
- Noh Taehyun: Thank GOD Taehyun won dance. He’s so amazing. Choreography genius, dance king, looks so amazing onstage, seems to have such good leadership qualities… and on top of that, he can sing and rap as well. Shape of You really brought out the best in him. If you don’t have him in your Top 11… what are you doing?!
- Ong Seongwoo: I love him. He’s such a witty dude who’s been working so hard for so long, and on top of that, he can do EVERYTHING- his singing and dancing are both so great. And he’s really hot. That’s always a plus.
- Kang Daniel: What is there to say that others haven’t? He’s not just attractive, he’s good at dancing, he seems really kind, and he’s also stable enough to make A rank.
- Ha Sungwoon: STOP SLEEPING ON THE (A-ranked) HOTSHOT BOYS. Sungwoon is a stable, excellent vocalist and dancer. His voice is really nice and his vocals in Downpour made me tear up a little. I’m angry that he didn’t get that many votes, to be honest… and now I’m worried he’ll fall far enough to get eliminated before concept evaluations.
- Park Woojin: Amazing stage presence, amazing ability… what’s not to like? His Get Ugly performance made me sweat.
- Park Woodam: That Mansae performance had me sold immediately. Amazing, amazing, amazing. My heart hurt for him when he couldn’t select a vocal performance… I hope he doesn’t fall far this week, since he shot up so many ranks last week.
- Park Jihoon: I’ve been caught by Wink Boy’s charm! He’s got excellent stage presence and he can dance decently well. Also, wow, he’s so cute! He’d make an amazing center for BOI/OIO.
- Jung Sewoon: Wonderful voice, amazing vocalist. One of my faves. After reconsidering, I thought he might be better as an indie soloist, but for now I don’t have that many absolute Top 11 picks and so I’ll leave him in there for now.
- Lee Daehwi or Im Youngmin: Decent at everything. Not sure what else to say. (Probably Youngmin because someone did point out that there should be more rappers.)
- Kim Jonghyun: Let’s just say I’m not the biggest fan of NU’EST in the Top 11, just like I wasn’t too eager for Chaeyeon to make it into IOI. After all, they’ve been more successful and had more chances than many of the people on this show are ever going to have. But this guy’s got good character and he’s a good rapper- plus he’s definitely going to make it anyways, so why not?
Trainees that were just too unrealistic, even for me:
- Kim Seongri: One of the best vocalists on this show for sure, and yet he’s always slept on. He finally got his moment to shine as main vocalist and then got outshone by Yongguk. I know he’s going to be eliminated- which he doesn’t deserve- but I would just like to mention him. He’s amazing and deserved so much better.
- Yoon Heeseok: A 6-month Jellyfish trainee who can do lots of things well?! YES. Also, he went from F to B rank! Unfortunately, his screentime hasn’t been great, and his rank has dropped over the weeks, even though he’s always been well-received by the live audience. His presence in Amazing Kiss as well as his decent Call Me Baby performance have really made him a favorite of mine. I’ll be sad to see him go.
- Takada Kenta: He’s good and seems really cool… unfortunately I don’t think he’s getting anywhere close.
- Kim Taedong: Hmm… maybe. I don’t know. I hope he doesn’t drop, I’d love to see more from him.
- Yeo Hwanwoong: Man, I’m sad about him. He’s definitely one of the best dancers on this show. But despite how well he did in Right Round, he only got 3rd. I think he’s going to be eliminated, and I’m not ready for him to go. He’s so good.
- Woo Jinyoung: He’s good, but no one has noticed him. I’m sad :(
Okay, here’s the part that might get me killed. Trainees that I for sure don’t want in Top 11:
- Bae Jinyoung: His vocals were pretty weak, despite everyone calling him amazing or whatever. I just don’t think he has what it takes.
- Joo Haknyeon: Call me what you will for saying this, but the words Haknyeon said to Eunki can’t just be edited THAT maliciously- they can’t pull words from his mouth that he didn’t say himself. He complained about his rank falling and about the choreography that he wasn’t even helping to make- all this to a leader whose rank was more than 25 places below him. And then he won his group when Hwanwoong was so much better! I’m not even going to get into him being “lazy” because I know editing can easily influence that, but anyways… that’s the definition of annoying to me.
- Kwon Hyunbin: He doesn’t really have any talent. Again, I’m not going to get into the whole “lazy” thing because that’s easily edited, but he really doesn’t have anything at all that would attract me to him as a Top 11 trainee. He’d honestly be better off going back to modeling.
- Lai Guanlin: I like him, he’s really good-looking, and he clearly works really hard, but there’s too many visual F trainees in the current Top 22. Enough with that, please. (Wouldn’t it be great having 5 male Sohyes in BOI/OIO? /s)
- Yoo Seonho: I just don’t really feel anything with this guy. He’s good-looking, sure, but I just don’t feel anything there.
- Park Sungwoo: He’s cool, but it was a little cringey seeing him try to keep up with the dance for Shape of You. Again, we can’t have five people in BOI be male versions of Sohye.
Well, now that I’ve put myself out here to be cursed at by visual-line and NU’EST fans, what do you think? Did I forget anyone? (I probably forgot someone, rip.) If you have civil disagreements to voice, I’d be happy to hear them. Hate will be blocked. Most likely no one will pay attention to this post anyways, but since I spent so long finally sorting out who I want in Top 11, discuss it with me!
You can find me on Twitter at @luxsideris. :) <3 Also, if someone called semisomniac replies to you in the comments of this post, that’s my main account :P