forest green or ocean blue? chilly sunrises or warm sunsets? empty country roads or small town main streets? wheat fields or groves of apple trees? lemonade or iced tea? late night stargazing or early morning walks? camping with friends or staying in alone? sunny days or rainy afternoons?
So im re-reading Greek Mythology, and I realised that Hades is a precious bean and all goddesses are more terrifying than every god put together.
Let me explain
1) The goddesses are the ones who do most of the cursing. No seriously, check. Goddesses are kinda petty
2) Hades names his dog a fancy word for Spot
3) Persephone once crushed a woman into a plant for saying that Hades loved her more. Thats why we have mint.
4) Hades is mythologically the most faithful one. He almost cheated a couple of times, but felt really bad and couldn’t do it
5) Aphrodite once flayed a woman alive because people thought she was prettier.
6) Hades kidnapped Persephone because Zues told him to. He literally has zero social or romantic skills, and fingers that big brother Zues, who’s courted hundreds of women would know a thing or two about wooing. Zues told Hades to kidnap Persephone.
7) Hades went to great lengths to make Persephone happy in the underworld. He even created a garden make of jewls for her. But when he realized she wasn’t pleased, he willingly let her go.
8) Artemis help deliver her brother
9) Hestia ate virgins who broke their vows
10) Zues is such a sleezbag, he blamed Aphrodite for all his affairs (with her being the goddess of love and lust and such). She and Hera did not take it well
11) Athena was born in full body armor.
12 ) Demeter tried to kill Zues for allowing Hades to take their daughter.
13) Demeter has a bleeding heart, but also murderd an entire army for trying to cut down a sacred tree grove
14) Hades my be intimidating with his helmet of terror, but Persephone had a man tourterd for all eternity for not taking no for an answer.
15 ) Artemis turned a peeping-tom into deer and lets him get eaten by his own dogs
16 ) Hades is the king of the underworld because he got the short straw.
17) Amphotrite is sometimes described as the sea herself. She’s drowed countless people.
18) Persephone is a proud queen of hell who has no problem with her job
If you listen hard enough you can hear every living thing breathing together, you can feel everything growing. We’re all livin’ together, even if most folks don’t act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.
The first and last woman to be hanged in New Mexico was 19-year-old Paula Angel. The crime which led her to the gallows was “as old as Eden.” On 23 March, 1861, Angel stabbed her lover, Miguel Martin, to death. Martin was a married man and a father of five who had been having an affair with Angel behind his wife’s back. Seemingly bored with the affair, Martin decided he would call it off. Within a day, Angel was apprehended for the murder and her trial was held just five days later. After being found guilty, she was sentenced to hang the following month. Her time in jail was short and torturous. It was reported that the sheriff taunted her daily by reminder her how many days she had left on earth.
As the execution date rolled around, Angel was told to sit on top of her coffin in the back of the wagon as they drove to the spot she would be killed - a tree on a cottonwood grove. There was no gallows. She was to be hanged from a tree. As the noose was tied around her neck and she was strung up to hang, it was noticed that the sheriff had forgot to tie her hands. The crowd stood in shock as Angel grabbed at her neck and tried to loosen the rope. As she was slowly being choked to death, the sheriff wrapped his arms around her waist to attempt to weight her down and facilitate her demise. The crowd booed and ordered she be cut down. The sight was unbearable.
The execution was momentarily halted so that the sheriff could tie Angel’s hands behind her back. Moments later, she was hanged once again. This time, it was successful and Angel finally perished.