its already Lance’s birthday in some places so happy birthday to my wonderful son who i love!! who would have thought that in a little over a year i would have grown to love this boy so much. its amazing to me how in just two seasons this guy has become my world. im not sure how old he is now but i know he has an age and today he is older and that is definitely something to be celebrated. i am so proud of him for being such a brave, and intelligent, and witty, and beautiful, and kind young man. he’s growing up so fast right before my eyes and in such unexpected and interesting ways. i love this kid so much and im wishing him the happiest of birthdays!!!
I know, I know; I never /really/ left. I’ve been here, silently reblogging & posting selfies. But truth be told, I haven’t had a real workout since May.
I’m ready though. I’ve been dwelling all night on the fact that I’m “alone” and that “nobody wants me”. I’m wrong though. I have you guys, and I know at least some of you want me around.
I’m waking up tomorrow and going for a walk, maybe I’ll catch the sunrise, who knows. I’m waking up tomorrow knowing that fitness is never going to wake up and decide it doesn’t love me. Fitness will always be there when I feel like I have nobody else.
I know that it’s not always easy, but when I feel like nothing’s going right, or that I’m not making progress, I’d like to ask you guys to help remind me that I got this. Because I do; I got this.
August is next Tuesday and I can’t remember what my goals were for July, but July was a shit show, so I’m not worried. August is next Tuesday and here’s what I’m proposing, for me and for anyone who wants to join me for a month of rediscovery.
- Try something new, or something you’ve tried before but gave up on. For me, it’s going to be yoga. I’ve never given it a fair chance, but I really really wanna be able to do those super fun poses and just be able to really feel in touch with myself.
- I’m not sure who remembers, but when I started this blog everyday I’d post something I was proud of. I want to do this again everyday of August, and I’ll be tagging some of you to do it everyday with me!
- This one is going to be hard, but I want to give up the scale. I weighed in today at 195lbs and I’m not setting a weight goal for August. It’s too much pressure and I don’t need that in my life right now.
- Drink less coffee and more water. Since I started working I’ve been drinking waaay too much coffee, and waaay not enough water.
- Have fun!!! Yes I’m going to push myself, but my wonderful friend ( @jonesprime ) told me I need to start listening to my body, so I’m gonna work on that too.
So that’s my plan until September 1st. I’m gonna work my ass off and I’m going to do my best to report to you guys as much as I can!