I know this time of year is hard for a lot of people so I wanted to leave everyone with some Good Things to reflect on…
do you ever think about the little ways Yuuri and Viktor take care of each other?
- Viktor running out to preheat the car and scrape the ice off the windshield on winter mornings when Yuuri has to leave the house before him
- Yuuri making it a point to always give Viktor the prettier pancakes
- Viktor running Yuuri’s towel in the dryer for a few minutes so it’s warm when he gets out of the shower
- Yuuri pausing his late-night gaming session because Viktor needs to be cuddled to sleep
- Viktor picking out the ice cream flavor Yuuri prefers when it’s his turn to do the shopping
- Yuuri stopping off on his way home from work to pick up Viktor’s favorite chocolate croissants because he’d sounded down during their daily lunchtime call
Sometimes, people will catch Viktor rubbing Yuuri’s shoulders while they wait in line at the movies or Yuuri bending down in the middle of the sidewalk to tie Viktor’s shoe and want to know, “wow, how did you train your husband so well?”
And Yuuri and Viktor just kind of shrug because they don’t view these actions as chores or a bargaining chip for reciprocative behavior. They love each other, so going out of their way to make the other comfortable just seems natural.