thoughts on Dan's liveshow? as always, soooo many phil mentions lmao.
I loved it! I feel like there were so many things I wanted to hear him talk about that the hour went by too quickly. There were some lovely reiterations of things we already knew about. Some of the highlights for me:
- Telling the story about someone catching Phil out jogging and asking for a picture, and how Phil was too nice of a person to say no even though he looked like a “sweaty rat.”
- The whiny impression of himself asking Phil for help while filming, trying to downplay how they do videos together but also at the same time not pretending they don’t.
- Talking about the “reasonable” anxiety Phil gets when it comes to neighbors and being judged as weird.
- Dan’s reaction to the sexy text from Marcus Butler, and realizing it must be a video: “For about thirty seconds, really got my hopes up.”
- Phil and his week long birthday celebration: “Smol bean deserves all the treats.” I think he meant for that tone to be more sarcastic than it was, but it didn’t really come off as sarcastic at all.
- They got Hamilton tickets!
- He talked about two other birthday presents he got Phil, including one that I guess we don’t get to know about?
- Referring to Phil as family.
- Clarifying that he didn’t talk to anyone has a kid, which is why his parents didn’t know how much he hated the piano teacher. I’ve seen so many people assuming Dan’s parents should have known he was that miserable, but he was twelve - a twelve year old has the ability to withhold emotion if they choose to, and he clearly did.
- Yet another mention of how he watches depressing movies when Phil is away. (Interesting addition of ‘or political things’ too - though it doesn’t surprise me to hear Phil isn’t super into political stuff.)