okay but demi lovato is SO extra like who the fuck slams a fan of theirs because of fan art? honestly, attacking a fan because they made your body “unrealistic”? really? you were a damn mermaid since the beginning so the drawing was basically ALREADY unrealistic tbh…demi wyd? i feel like she tries so hard to make herself seem “socially aware” in the public eye, it is starting to get so annoying because it’s SO FUCKING EXTRA HONESTLY. this was literally the dumbest thing she has ever done.
Demo: that’s so unrealistic
ALL OF US: IT IS A MERMAID YOU DON’T HAVE FINS EITHER
Demi: I am all for empowerment and I hate body shamers
Also Demi: *body shames Taylor Swift and her whole squad for being too skinny*
au + 5 hc - maiko military au where Mai's uncle commands Zuko's unit
1. Instead of banishing Zuko, Ozai has him assigned to the very unit of soldiers he had tried to defend in the war meeting. He is stripped of his title, and written out of the royal family. He is thirteen and a literal child soldier, being sent to a unit that is expected to make a suicide charge. And he is one of only a handful of survivors. He survives the battle buried under the corpses of his new comrades. Really brings home to him that his father never intended him to return.
2. Iroh is barred from going with him, or even from knowing where he was sent. Once it becomes clear that he intends to cause all kinds of trouble, Ozai has him quietly assassinated via poisoned tea.
3. After the battle, Zuko is promptly reassigned. His paperwork says he’s sixteen, but any commanding officer with half a brain can tell he’s thirteen, but other than his age and his first name, there is nothing to connect him to the Firelord’s disowned son. In fact, most people in the army don’t even know enough about the royal family to know the Firelord even had a son. Also Ozai assumes Zuko is dead. This is going to lead to a very rude awakening for him down the road. Occasionally, however, he is recognized, for example when he is assigned to Mai’s uncle’s unit when he’s fifteen.
4. At fifteen, he is hostile, swings between brooding quiet and shouting, and is absolutely incapable of civil conversation with his fellow soldiers. He also has no goal he’s working toward. There is no promise of a return home if he captures the Avatar. He has seen horrible brutal things, abominations on both sides, and at this point is just putting one foot in front of the other and surviving. He is also extremely brave, and has a habit of gaining honors and punishments in equal measure. There’s a part of the future warden of the Boiling Rock that wonders just what Zuko would have been like with a normal princely upbringing and royal education.
5. When Mai’s uncle is made warden, he quietly has Zuko assigned to the garrison in Omashu. Mai, who spent years thinking he was dead, is overjoyed to see him again, not that she has any way of showing it. When Azula comes, Mai hides him away, but when she leaves, he leaves too, deserting his post to find the same Avatar Azula has taken Mai hunting. The Avatar’s promise, to end the war, to stop the killing, is the first real ray of hope Zuko has seen in a long, long time.
And this is how Aang ends up with a half-feral firebender for a teacher.
“Alan was the finest of actors and directors. I couldn’t wait to see what
hewas going to do with his face next. I consider myself hugely
privileged to have worked with him so many times and to have been
directed by him.” Emma Thompson, tribute to Alan Rickman
Scenes from: “Gambit”, “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”,
“Epic Tea Time with Alan Rickman”, “Michael Collins”, “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”, “Love actually”, “Perfume: The Story of a Murderer”
,“The Search for John Gissing“, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2“, “Nobel Son”
au + 5 hc focusing on the Fire Nation royal family where everyone's gender is reversed, so daddy's girl Zuko and momma's boy Azula
Side note, I always have this debate with myself when I write genderswapped Zuko, because “ko” is a feminine ending in Japanese names.
1. Firelord Azula takes her younger daughter Oza with her to ask for the hand of Avatar Roka’s grandson. Poor Ursulon was uh, kind of engaged at the time, to another guy, and yes, his wife at their wedding still tells him she and the royal family own him now, and really this was not how Ursulon ever expected his life to go.
Firelord Soza and his daughter Azula have between them ruled the country
for more than a hundred years when Azula orders her younger daughter to
murder her daughter Zura. Azula was a warrior Firelord who led armies
in the field, and her daughter Ilah is leading an army against Ba Sing
Se. How dare her younger daughter Oza dishonor the memory of her niece,
another warrior princess, when Oza has never spent a single day on
3. Little Zura wakes up after a strange conversation with her father in the middle of the night to find her father gone, and her mother the new Firelord. Her face is still burned, and she is still cast out to hunt for the Avatar, with an all female crew, lest she muddy the succession with a pregnancy. Little Azulon is still favored and still a protege. One glaring difference however is that he meets Mai and Ty Lee through somewhat different channels, as he doesn’t go to the Royal Fire Academy for girls. Zura brings them over as friends, and Azulon sets out to steal them instead.
4. The really interesting thing about this AU for me is two things, after more than a hundred years of powerful warrior women Firelords, the Fire Nation martial tradition is gender neutral, and for many if not most Fire Nation people, the image of a fearsome warrior is female.
5. The other is how other people in other nations react to Zura. Sokka for example makes the terrible mistake of laughing at her, and loses a tooth and gets his nose broken as well as being dumped in the snow for his pains.
I am of the firm belief that Galadriel has spent the past three ages living the rock and roll life–she partied with Nessa and had an ill-fated fling with Eonwe, basically grew herself Faerieland like a chia pet, led armies led people, threw down the walls of Dol Amroth, is definitely doing Gandalf on the side (or at least exchanging snarky running commentary with him) and yenta'ed that whole Aragorn and Arwen business–
But she always comes back to Celeborn, who has been puttering around Lorien and…watering the trees, probably, looking after their grandbabies, and he just kisses her cheek and asks how her day went, if she wants any tea, did she hear about the new entling in Fangorn? such a sweet sapling…
Jumin, how the hell you gonna mention something happened to V’s mom but then stop yourself from continuing. BOY, YOU CAN’T TIP THE CUP AND STOP YOURSELF FROM SPILLING THE TEA. LORD I HOPE THERE IS A V ROUTE BECAUSE SOMETHING HAPPENED TO V’S MOM THAT JUMIN TRIED TO SPILL ABOUT. I NEED THIS TEA LIKE NOW.