here’s what the ratty shoebox under dean’s bed contains:
- an old leather wallet with the initials “j.h.w” embossed on the front.
- two tattered notebooks with ripped covers and loose pages full of scribbles about monsters, lyrics from songs, messy doodles, and phone numbers from truckstop diner waitresses.
- a handful of photographs featuring a few familiar faces that are still painful to look at.
- a dog-eared slaughterhouse five, a coverless grapes of wrath, and a relatively intact hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy.
- some stray bullets.
- some jewellery.
- five mix tapes with handwritten titles in faded pen such as “tunes for ass-kicking” and “songs to get laid to.”