The Swedes + Eller from the Cooking with the Caps cookbook.
Mojo is the only one of them who managed to provide a recipe from a family member.
In fact, I am not convinced Mojo didn’t immediately scream “DIBS ON MEATBALLS!” as soon as the team said everyone needed to come up with a recipe, and all the other Swedes sulked.
Nicklas Backstrom: proud supporter of LoveBeets.com.
Nicky’s recipe is a misleading because it actually only involves a single beet.
Andre’s recipe probably serves either four people or one and a half Tom Wilsons.
Eller’s recipe has nothing to make fun of so all I can do is look at his picture and conclude he and Philipp Grubauer came into training camp with the same haircut, had to rock-paper-scissors over who got to keep it, and Grubi won.
So based on shenanigans on @ltleflrt‘s blog, I was curious about this issue. My understanding has been that fanfiction DOES NOT fall under fair use, and that in general we are able to write fanfiction at the sufferance of creators, most of whom have come to recognize that having a vibrant, active fandom does not, in the long run, cost them ANYTHING - like, if the SPN folks don’t recognize that things like Creation Cons would fizzle and die without fandom, they’re clueless. The article on wikipedia does a pretty good job of summing up the legal issues as regards copyright and trademark (trademark is often a bigger issue than copyright as regards fanfiction and fanart, and is shockingly often overlooked).
It basically boils down to, if the original copyright and trademark holders don’t enforce their copyright/trademark, that’s their choice, and in general, when a creator doesn’t enforce, doesn’t enforce, doesn’t enforce, well, the longer they don’t enforce the harder the case TO enforce becomes. Also, making it clear the work is derivative and not getting profit from the work are critical components in assessing if harm has been done to the copyright/trademark holders brands.
The article is US centric but I think for people who’ve wondered how this works, it should be a good synopsis, because I’ve seen a lot of incorrect info in the argument on Ltleflrt’s blog - both from the anon whose douche baggery triggered things, and from well meaning supporters who clearly don’t actually understand how this stuff works. It’s worthwhile, as creators, to educate ourselves on the protections in our own countries, so that we understand where we are vulnerable and where we are not, and can take steps to protect ourselves.
For someone who out-massed and out-muscled most, Hunk could move with surprising delicacy when he set his mind to it. Keith had been in the line of fire - figuratively and literally - enough by now not to startle when Hunk’s voice piped up right at his side, but the serene smile on Hunk’s face told Keith that he’d been caught. His fixation on the beings clustered throughout the ballroom had left him blind to Hunk’s approach.
“I’m fine,” was Keith’s curt reply.
Six years was a long enough time for both to know that Keith meant no offense and Hunk took none; Hunk laughed and pointed to the small plate in Keith’s left hand.
“You may be fine, but what about that poor napkin?”
Keith’s right hand stilled. The napkin on his plate had been torn into a fine crumble, the victim of a racing mind and a need to fidget.
“I guess I’m a bit bored,” he conceded.
That wasn’t quite it though, and Keith’s words must have been even less convincing than his voice, given the way Hunk shook his head and let out a short hum. Keith sent up a prayer that Hunk would question no further, and for once the universe seemed to answer: Hunk opened his mouth, and at that exact moment, a familiar voice rose up from the other side of the room.
“Hunk! This one requests your presence for the purposes of an introduction!”
Even in a room crowded with aliens of all types, Shay stood out from the rest. Like Hunk, she towered over the more diminutive species present, and it was as impossible to miss her waving hand as it was to miss the way Hunk’s smile softened as he waved back.
“Well, I guess I gotta go over there for a bit, but try not to be a wallflower all night. Go ask Pidge to dance or something.”
Keith blinked, then whipped around to face Hunk, scowl fixed to deliver, but Hunk had already begun to leave as stealthily as he’d arrived.
Hi! What about an MC thats a Swede but lives in korea now for whatever reason? Also maybe got some home sickness even now and then?
- Would think it’s awesome
- Probably play a lot of Swedish games and if its not in Korean or English ask you to translate it lol
- He would also try to cook some traditional meals if you were feeling homesick
- And he’d cuddle you until you were feeling okay again
- Would want to know everything about the culture
- He’d hire a Swedish chef since him cooking isn’t a very good idea lmao
- If you were feeling homesick he’d just book a flight to Sweden bc why the heck not lol
- Or would just let your family come over no biggie
- He’d think it’s soooo cool
- He would probably google what Sweden looks like
- “ Yes Sweden is beautiful but not as beautiful as you”
- Yes very smooth Zen
- Would lookup Swedish musicals and try to sing along
- If you were feeling homesick he would cuddle you and sing to you until you fell asleep
- She would try to learn Swedish
- It would take a while but she’d succeed
- Probably texts you randomly in Swedish
- “ Once I get a few weeks off work we can go on holiday there”
- Couple goals ngl
- If you were feeling homesick she’d listen to you rambling about why you’re feeling homesick and she would hug you doing cute shit yanno
- Psh of course he already knew
- I mean he stalked you
- Would learn how to speak Swedish in no time
- Download Swedish movies and have a marathon
- If you were feeling homesick he’d make ‘funny’ jokes in Swedish
- Show you memes some in Swedish aswell