book suggestions? any kind
I’ll stick with YA because that’s what I know best.
- I’ve just finished re-reading Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein and thus, I have to recommend it because it’s one of the best YA books out there.
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton is indeed, strange and beautful.
- The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo is one of the most enchanting high fantasy YA books out there.
- Angelfall by Susan Ee. Not only is Penryn ABSOLOUTELY BAD-ASS, Raffe is also ridiculously endearing.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown is a mature and well-developed dystopia with excellent world building and characterization.
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. This book completely surprised me. I loved it.
- Maggie Stiefvater is one of my all time favourite authors and therefore, I’m very much inclined to recommend The Raven Boys and The Scorpio Races.
- The Throne of Glass trilogy by Sarah J Maas is a MUST for high fantasy fans.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is completely heart-wrenching. After you’ve read it, go watch the movie.
- Melina Marchetta has proved to be fantastic at both high fantasy AND contemporary with Finnikin of the Rock and Jellicoe Road.
These are just some of my all time favourites. If my followers have any other suggestions, feel free! :)