Unlocking career outfits in CAS
This is just a quick tutorial on how to unlock career outfits in CAS because I keep receiving messages about certain outfit pieces on my townies. There might be some mods out there that do the same, but this is my personal method and it only takes like 5 minutes to do once, and you’re set forever.
Start a new game and make a household of 2 sims. Their looks/traits/clothes don’t matter. The reason you need two is because each job has two branches, but you can only be in one branch per sim. My household looks like this, for example:
Dump them onto some lot and enable testingcheats on. Now get any job and use cheats to promote them to level 10. Do this for every job/career, for both sims (choosing different branches). Below are the cheats for promotion:
- careers.promote astronaut for Astronaut
- careers.promote athletic for Athlete
- careers.promote business for Business
- careers.promote criminal for Criminal
- careers.promote culinary for Culinary
- careers.promote detective for Detective (Get to Work)
- careers.promote doctor for Doctor (Get to Work)
- careers.promote entertainer for Entertainer
- careers.promote painter for Painter
- careers.promote scientist for Scientist (Get to Work)
- careers.promote secretagent for Secret Agent
- careers.promote techguru for Tech Guru
- careers.promote writer for Writer
Then use the cheat bucks.unlock_perk RetailOutfit true to unlock the retail top if you have Get To Work.
Once you’re done, save the household to your library (you don’t need to save this game). Next time you want to create a sim (or perhaps edit an old one) in CAS, add this household in with your other sim/household, that should show career clothes in the menu for all of the sims in the currently opened household. You can then delete the career outfit unlockers straight away, even if you haven’t yet redressed your main sim as the outfits should stay unlocked (at the very least until you exit CAS).