Mythology Prompt List
- All mythology is true yet false. if you look for it, it will never be true. That is why the gods of myth reveal themselves in back parking lots at 3am to tired students and children lost in clothing stores. They are not looking.
- One mythological creature governs human invention so that it may one day be made. But its creators keep giving up on the project that will one day make them.
- In the future when humans are all gone, the technology they have left behind elevate their creators to mythological status. Any remnant of human society is celebrated.
- It is not the mythological gods that are true and come to reclaim and govern earth, it is the elder gods. They do not understand why humans have such needs as ‘light’ or ‘tacos’.
- A time traveler travels back to see the worship of mythological gods but is instead mistaken for one with their powerful ‘chariot’.
- The new gods have no idea they are. They effect the environment around them in inopportune ways. (One poisons the water they nearly drown in…which is a whole lake, another hunts for food but revives every animal they touch, a city-rat finds that from their footsteps spring flowers which breaks streets, etc…)