I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self-respect and it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all that she should be. But, of course, the real reason… is that I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.
“I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self-respect and it’s these things I’d believe in even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all that she should be. But of course the real reason is that I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.”— F. Scott Fitzgerald
She’s been around for so many years, and something happened a hundred years ago that made her not want to be too involved with mankind. But at the end of the day, Wonder Woman’s real goal is to restore love in man’s heart and bring peace to the world - Gal Gadot.
So, in A/B/O universes, do you think public facilities have four bathrooms? Male + Alpha, Female + Alpha, Male + Omega, Female + Omega, with betas using whichever they’re most comfortable with? Or do you think they have Alpha and Omega only? Or Alpha, Beta, and Omega? It could be very unsafe to have them by Male/Female, unless it’s a version of the ‘verse where only men are alphas and only women are omegas. And that still leaves the question of where betas go.
I bet most places just have individual, fully enclosed, individually locked stalls. It’d take up more space but it’s the only way to avoid a truly ridiculous number of bathroom permutations…
Well I don’t really know what you mean by practice art buuuuut this is a good enough excuse for me to show you some concept art for the original webcomic I’m working on in the background, so here ya go!
All of this is subject to change in the final product. In fact that map isn’t even up to date anymore as I’ve edited the spelling of Myurgath to Mjurgath to better reflect the Old Norse feel that the Mjurgathi language has. In fact I’m considdering changing the adjective word to Mjurgathic so that it has more in common with words like Celtic and Nordic. But I might leave it as is because fictional cultures don’t always need to reflect real life cultures and maybe I’m just overthinking it I mean it’s just a made up word but that’s the kind of stuff I end up thinking about when developing a living breathing world ya know??? World building!! 8D;;;
Anyway hopefully some of you might find this interesting cause this is what I plan on pouring myself into after AFAC ends.
-TQ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I’m in charge of the dialogue for this one! I’m looking forward to it! I’m going to be working on developing the languages and cultures as well! I am especialy proud of my work in designing the aura birds (example is resting atop the dwarfish fellow’s head), so fat and fancy~ ~CK
“God, I’ve been so fortunate. Because [‘Thrones’ and ‘Downton’] were hits and so universally loved that I’ve only ever been on the receiving end of pure joy, when people are expressing the pleasure they derive from something like ‘Thrones’ or ‘Downton Abbey.’ You’re so energized by the story lines and by the worlds that you know that it’s real escapism for some of the fans. And, that’s an incredible, extraordinary feeling — to know you’re a part of something that gives people joy.”
How do you handle the online critics? The online world can be beautiful but also vicious, and it’s very much like high school in the real world. After you graduate, you’re still a student and you still get bullied and have good and bad experiences. The thing about the online world is that it’s almost worse because they can hide behind a screen and say what they want without face-to-face confrontations. So as a result, they end up saying worse things because it’s harder to say something mean to someone’s face. I just try to ignore it. I don’t read comments often if I can avoid it. I try to practice what I preach, and if I put good vibes out there I hope that they’ll come back to me and karma will bite them in the bum. - Nina Dobrev photographed by Jonny Marlow for Rogue Magazine
post-series au thing in which all the key kids live happily ever after together, bc why not :)
- Kairi is (unintentionally?) the loudest roommate. It’s not that she means to be– she’s just, well, kind of a mess sometimes. Be it dropping things, slamming doors/cabinets by accident,
tripping over some poorly-placed object, or swearing up a storm after smashing the ish out of her funnybone, she has a tendency to be on the noisy side. Sora gets second place in this category, followed closely by Lea.
- Roxas loathes this aspect of living with other people because he’s a light sleeper and is easily disturbed by the noise factor. What makes it even worse is that he’s a night owl, so he’ll be trying to sleep in while most of the others are already up & about for the day (which usually doesn’t work out very well). Poor boy is continuously sleep deprived– until he gets himself some heavy duty earplugs– but even that only sort of helps.
- Ven is an awesome interior designer! He has an innate sense of which shapes & colors pair well together. Riku does, too, but he doesn’t care enough to partake in the home furnishing process beyond what’s functionally necessary. He will, however, give his honest opinion about how something looks if you ask him– and this extends to outfits, hairstyles, etc. Actually, Riku will give you his honest opinion on almost anything, so ask at your own risk.
- Aqua & Namine also have a penchant for decorating. Aqua’s style is more traditional/home-y while Namine’s is an eclectic blend of minimalist & bohemian. With Aqua’s eye for detail and Namine’s artistic flair, the two of them are responsible for most of the ‘finishing touches’ around their shared living space.
- They have a big u-shape sectional sofa, and Lea will (try to) monopolize the chaise part of it every time. If anyone complains, he just says it’s only fair he gets that seat because he’s the tallest; sitting in one of the regular seats is uncomfortable for him, his legs being so long and all. And he’ll swear up & down he’s taller than Terra by like a fraction of an inch, hair not included, so.
- Terra might wrestle him for it, though, on occasion. And win. Unless Lea goes for an underhanded cheap shot– which, no, he’s absolutely not above using– because Terra putting you in a headlock qualifies as a life or death situation, man. ANYTHING goes.
- Kairi isn’t afraid to wrestle Lea for it, either, but most of the time she prefers to employ a more strategic type of warfare. One highly effective tactic is to occupy the seat closest to Lea, then inch closer & closer to him until she’s pretty much sprawled out on top of him, at which point he either falls off the couch or gets uncomfortable/claustrophobic enough to move. Honestly, it isn’t even about getting the good spot; she just enjoys pushing Lea’s buttons sometimes. And, unfortunately for him, she’s really good at it.
- SORA. IS. THE MESSIEST. ROOMMATE. They all love him to death, but it’s true. o.o
- Riku & Aqua are hands down the best chefs (but Xion’s getting there, too!). Riku enjoys creating elaborate gourmet dinners while Aqua prefers baking & desserts. Xion likes to hang out in the kitchen while one or both of them are at work to watch & learn… Annnnddd she gets to be their unofficial taste-tester, which is always a plus. :)
- They have a family cat and three dogs, thanks to Terra, who seems to be a magnet for stray animals. Aqua & he have a routine of taking the dogs out for a run in the evenings. Terra got tangled up in the leashes so bad one time and fell, hard– gracelessly pulling two squirmy, tail-wagging, face-licking dogs on top of him. Aqua, of course, rushed to help unravel their mess of a pile– but, try as she might, she couldn’t stop laughing, which greatly detracted from her wide-eyed, alarm-ridden “ARE YOU OKAY?!”
- The cat has adopted Riku as its favorite human.
- Namine loves to create personalized ‘have a great day!’ notes (complete with motivational messages & cute doodles) for her roomies, and leave them taped to their bedroom doors or the fridge or wherever else they might easily find them. Roxas saves each and every one of his Nami-notes in a shoebox he has stashed away in his closet.
- Ven & Sora have an ongoing, elaborate prank war with one another. Eventually, after one too many stalemates, they both decide to call it a truce– and come to the realization that, if they join forces, they can get their other housemates so, so good. And thus, a second prank war begins. Terra’s probably their most frequent (unsuspecting) victim, but poor Roxas gets it pretty bad, too.
- family game night –> Aqua & Roxas are total agents of subterfuge & are very skilled at outsmarting the others– when they team up they’re pretty much unstoppable, much to the dismay of everyone else; Namine gets lucky a lot (and subsequently feels bad for the person she ends up schooling); Riku is infamous for playing lowkey most of the game– and then unleashing an ultimate deathblow that almost nobody saw coming; Xion has the best poker face; Terra has the worst poker face; Lea definitelyprobablymaybe cheats from time to time; Ven’s a distract-them-until-they-can’t-think-straight-and-mess-up-royally type of player; Sora’s the one most likely to ‘forget’ the rules (or make up his own halfway through the game); Kairi somehow always ends up as the unofficial moderator who has to keep everyone else in line. ◔_◔
lvtvr’s writing tutorials, pt 1: battling my nemesis (or, how to punctuate dialogue)
kids. I’m Charlie. I write.
translated and proofread four full-length novels, so I now suffer from the work-related
condition of never being able to turn my editing glasses off. This can make
reading fanfic a bitch for me. Because, let’s be real: unbeta’d amateur work easily lets a lot of mistakes slip through.
It is, however, possible to minimize those mistakes.
world going to end if there are errors in your fanfic? Of course not. If you
want to focus on the content of your writing more than adhering to rules of language, by
all means, do that. There’s time to learn this stuff later.
know what? Formatting matters. If you truly want to get better at writing, then
eventually you are going to have to
deal with this aspect of it. And yes, it’s hard work – but I hope to help you along the way.
THE POINT OF THIS ESSAY: PUNCTUATING
to be the #1 formatting problem that amateur writers struggle with. However, there are boatloads of experienced fanfic writers who still seem
to struggle with it, or are just so used to making mistakes that they’ve made
it “their style.” And at the risk of sounding like a total bitch, it doesn’t matter how amazing or
well-loved their work is otherwise: wrong
is still wrong. Just because someone is consistent about always writing “your”
instead of “you’re” doesn’t make it correct, and dialogue is no different.
If these kinds of persistent mistakes don’t bother you, then good for you. Your life is
probably a lot more fun than mine.
But if you want to learn to do it right – if you
want the great look and perfect flow that immaculate punctuation will bring
your writing – then you have to rise above this.
COMMA VS. PERIOD – THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN
with something simple.
This is a
good sentence. This sentence is an upstanding member of our society. You can’t
go wrong with this sentence. Got me? Okay.
have a look at another one.
sentence is a delinquent. In fact, it’s not even a sentence
it’s two sentences. And it is always, always, always wrong. Rule of thumb: never do this.
just some elitist, snooty gatekeeping crap, either. There’s a purely functional reason why it’s incorrect.
a period after your dialogue, you are cutting it off from whatever comes next. Whatever follows dialogue that ends with a
period has to be an independent sentence. This distinction is used to
regulate the rhythm and flow of the writing.
is a transitive verb, meaning it needs to
take an object. While you can sigh, yawn, or laugh independently of anything else, “saying”
isn’t possible unless you are saying SOMETHING. (I.e., “She laughed” is a
complete sentence on its own; “He said” isn’t.) Same goes for synonyms of “say,”
such as whisper, repeat, and exclaim. They almost always get lonely without some dialogue attached to
them with a comma.
at some examples.
“I’m fine,” he said.
example IS NEVER CORRECT. NOT EVER. It
should ALWAYS be the latter. ALWAYS.
“I’m fine.” He laughed.
examples are BOTH CORRECT, but convey different nuances. In the first example,
he laughs the words. In the second, he says the words first, and laughs
afterward. These are separate things, not
two different ways to express the same idea. No matter how much fic you’ve read
where they’re treated as synonymous, they are not. They are not. They are not.
FUNKY WITH “?” AND “!”
sentence in dialogue ends with a question mark or exclamation point, you always keep that punctuation – you never
replace it with a comma. This is where we use the above rule to make sure
things don’t get ambiguous.
“What’s up?” They yawned.
examples are BOTH CORRECT. In the first, they are yawning the words. In the
second, they yawn after speaking. By capitalizing “they,” you are indicating
that the question mark is behaving like a period. You are thereby orphaning the
sentence that follows the dialogue. In this case, since the sentence can stand
alone, that’s perfectly fine.
the boy repeated.
“I’m okay!” The boy repeated.
first example is CORRECT. The second is ALWAYS WRONG. Remember, capitalizing “the”
means you are drawing a line between the dialogue and the following sentence. “Repeated”
needs an object, but now, because the exclamation point is behaving like a
period, “The boy repeated” stands alone. That’s an ungrammatical sentence, and without the implied attachment to the preceding dialogue, it drifts alone in the void.
And, well, that’s not good.
section to address this other weird shit I’ve seen:
He murmured, pouring himself another cup of coffee, “I promise.”
This is a
big WTF that has basically just reversed the correct order of things. It should
he murmured, pouring himself another cup of coffee. “I promise.”
pretty cool.” The doctor laughed, turning to her girlfriend, “You should try it.”
We have two
options to fix this, depending on if we want her to laugh the words or not.
pretty cool,” the doctor laughed, turning to her girlfriend. “You should try it.”
(laughing as she speaks)
pretty cool.” The doctor laughed, turning to her girlfriend. “You should try it.”
(laughing after speaking)
especially when you start working with more complex sentences, things can get
confusing, and your options can increase. Feel free to shoot me a message if you’re not sure. However, the
rules above are the basic ones to keep in mind.
made it to the end! If it feels like a lot, that’s because it is. Yes, it’s
plenty to remember, because writing is hard. Try to think about these rules when you’re reading published books (not fanfic, you can’t trust fanfic), and
eventually you’ll get the hang of it.
Character A has traveled into the Alice in Wonderland book, and lands in Wonderland. Character A becomes the new Alice, because the story reset itself. Character A’s memory is half wiped, leaving them with bits and pieces of the real world.
Character B also travels into the book and finds Character A, but Character B remembers everything. Since the story is still in motion, Character B has try to get Character A back before the end of the story. If they don’t, the story will reset, wiping Character A and Character B’s memories, and the two of them will be stuck there forever.
Levi is a prissy History teacher, who insists on everything being orderly, clean, and on time. Eren is an outgoing, fun-loving English teacher who every student loves. Oh, and they hate eachother’s guts. So naturally, the 104th class decides to get them together, by any means necessary.
Before cell phones. Before the Kardashians. Before internet porn. The year is 1994. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, poor kids from the wrong side of the tracks, have been transferred with the rest of their neighborhood to the posh, uptown Trost High (Home of the Titans). Mikasa and Armin seem to fit in well enough, but Eren isn’t quite so lucky. Of course, most of this has to do with Eren’s personality. When he accepts a bet to lose his virginity (and actually prove that someone likes him) by the end of the semester, it’s hard for him to deny the improbability of winning. After all, the only one he seems to be talking to these days is the weirdly pretty (and just plain weird) goth working at the donut shop down the street…
Eren Jaeger is sharp, determined and hard working but doesn’t consider himself beautiful or good looking in the least. When he lands his dream job, working at Survey Corp Publications as the Executive Assistant to a high-end Fashion magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, his life is turned Topsy-Turvy. All he wants to do is work hard to become an Editor, but his boss Levi seems keen on making his life a living hell.Levi is a notorious playboy who gets what he wants both in and out of the bedroom. As Editer-in-Chief of New York’s best selling high-end Fashion Magazine, Levi is forced to work with an overly determined, hot-headed brat with a rat’s nest for hair and the most incredible eyes he’s ever seen and it’s all because of Erwin Smith.
Real World AU. Eren Jaeger seems to have the good life. He just got into Rose University, Heaven for a Photographer, and his horribly absent Father is completely out of his life. But on Eren’s first day of University, he is given a project by his professor. Use all three art forms to prove your talent but theirs a catch. It has to be based on the musical run by the Drama Department, ‘Phantom of the Opera’. It’s not much of a problem until he end up with the senior ‘Phantom’ himself, Levi Ackerman. With time, they get closer and closer until they realize that their future is in jeopardy. Are you Ready?
Eren, 17, student. Not gay, definitely not gay (at least that’s what he says). Known as “The fuck-up” has to work every night of his god damn life to deliver pizza in an attempt to make enough money for him and Mikasa to get by on their own since their dad abandoned them. The shitty tiny apartment is what he calls his hell hole. He hates school, he hates work, he hates his life but he wants to make it better some day. One particular night, a customer calls a couple of minutes before the Pizzeria closes to place an order. Eren is pissed off, to say the least. Until that stranger opens the door of his house and grabs him by the shirt.
Having been on the streets with his sister from a young age, Eren is used to skirting around the law to get by. He’d long since discarded any childhood dreams of joining the Survey Corps; his focus now was to help provide for and protect Mikasa, her son, and the secret that could very well get them killed. He was doing just fine after joining a street gang, until of course fate decided to literally fling him straight into the line of sight of the one man with a reputation for hunting down criminals like himself; Captain Levi of the Survey Corps.
FBI Agent Eren Jaeger goes undercover into The Legion, a notorious group running drugs through the city of New Orleans, to avenge the death of his best friend and partner. How will his life change when he realizes that sometimes things aren’t always as black and white as they seem?
Eren is one of the few Alphas who go into rut without the presence of an Omega in heat nearby, and after suppressing it for nearly two years, the drugs are no longer working. As a last resort he heads to an Omega refuge, hoping to find a suitable, but temporary, mate. When he finds one lost in a fatal 'red heat’, he’ll do whatever it takes to ease his suffering.
When Levi’s fist sounded out against the wood, the Alpha did not open it right away. Leaned into it, pressing his forehead against the smooth surface. Felt the pull of the Omega on the other side, just as he had that first day in the shelter. A whole new kind of gravity that tugged him not down to the earth but straight towards Levi. The laws of the universe shifting to bring them closer together, and Eren could not resist their inevitability.
Levi had planned to spend his summer vacation before 5th grade reading and quietly doing chores outside at his uncle Kenny’s house. That is, until the boy with the most beautiful teal eyes Levi has ever seen moved in across the street and wanted to be his friend.
[Okay, I promised you guys cosplay. My Goro jacket came in so I thought I’d drop this here. I’m still missing a few things, like the right tie. I can’t wait to start wearing these at cons!
Akira is also putting an outfit together at the moment, mwehehe~
Bonus 1: it’s ya boy with glasses!
Bonus 2: it’s Snapchat shit because I have no shame!
Bonus 3: feat. big Metaverse Mona, and smol real world Mona!
This post might or might not get deleted at some point, as usual for this kind of stuff.
Feel free to comment, but please DO NOT REBLOG, so that I can delete this later if I get paranoid and backpeddle again on shit featuring my face. Please have mercy, I’m shy. O///O
EDIT: OK people, you may reblog these, just know that I might contact you individually to ask you to delete the post from your blog if I do end up erasing it from mine. I’m sorry to be a pain, but that’s the only way I can offer you this kind of content, considering the way I function.
- Goro mun]
DMMD - Beautiful Ones Editor: Kirarell Won Best Storytelling at Desucon 2017 AMV contest I’ve had this idea for a long time now but never quite found the right song for it until my favorite band released this track. I’ve wanted to do this idea for so long so bad it’s not even real. It’s something very personal to me and something that I know many can relate to. Having problems isn’t the end of the world and you can pull through. Animals have also been proven to help with the process. So very minor trigger warnings for mental illness or/and personality disorder. There’s a puppy. You should watch it just based on that.
At the contest there was actually an incident regarding this video. When the video started playing someone actually shouted “No!” from the audience. I had no idea that even after years DMMD still has this sort of reputation amongst some people. I would’ve really loved to see the person’s face when it was announced this video had actually won. You know, I still get the feeling that everyone hates DMMD and its fans but DMMD fans hardly hate on anyone. It’s always been the thing I get from the fandom or maybe I’ve just stayed on the good side of it. Who knows. But its one of the few fandoms that I actually enjoy because of this~
Am I the only person who thinks that Michael and
are making a big deal over nothing? Being unintentional inspiration by other designers’ works happens all of the time in Project Runway and the real world. And Claire’s final product didn’t look like Margarita’s shirt dress from the previous challenge (which I’m pretty sure I’ve seen something like it before on previous seasons).
Did Claire deserve to win? Debatable. Fashion is subjective. But at the end of the day she made both her model and Dixie Cup happy. Does she deserve to be called a cheater? No.
EDIT: Ok, Claire is a cheater. I’m just disappointed in how the other designers handled it and that they didn’t mention anything sooner.