WASHINGTON — In the wake of President Donald Trump’s election, Democrats have faced a common question: Can they channel the energy of the anti-Trump resistance into beating Republicans in 2018?
Joel Silberman insists that the answer is yes — but only if candidates stick to an uncompromising progressive message.
“I believe that I want to piss off the opposition as much as possible,” Silberman, a progressive messaging expert, said to a crowd of hundreds of novice candidates gathered in an hotel conference room on Thursday. “I want them to be so angry they repeat my message over and over.”
Silberman was speaking at day one of a national candidate training program put on by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which works to elect progressives from city halls to Congress.
Up to 300 candidates from 40 states who have pledged to advance progressive policies are expected to attend the four-day training in downtown Washington, D.C. Read more (7/27/17)
I know, I know; I never /really/ left. I’ve been here, silently reblogging & posting selfies. But truth be told, I haven’t had a real workout since May.
I’m ready though. I’ve been dwelling all night on the fact that I’m “alone” and that “nobody wants me”. I’m wrong though. I have you guys, and I know at least some of you want me around.
I’m waking up tomorrow and going for a walk, maybe I’ll catch the sunrise, who knows. I’m waking up tomorrow knowing that fitness is never going to wake up and decide it doesn’t love me. Fitness will always be there when I feel like I have nobody else.
I know that it’s not always easy, but when I feel like nothing’s going right, or that I’m not making progress, I’d like to ask you guys to help remind me that I got this. Because I do; I got this.
August is next Tuesday and I can’t remember what my goals were for July, but July was a shit show, so I’m not worried. August is next Tuesday and here’s what I’m proposing, for me and for anyone who wants to join me for a month of rediscovery.
- Try something new, or something you’ve tried before but gave up on. For me, it’s going to be yoga. I’ve never given it a fair chance, but I really really wanna be able to do those super fun poses and just be able to really feel in touch with myself.
- I’m not sure who remembers, but when I started this blog everyday I’d post something I was proud of. I want to do this again everyday of August, and I’ll be tagging some of you to do it everyday with me!
- This one is going to be hard, but I want to give up the scale. I weighed in today at 195lbs and I’m not setting a weight goal for August. It’s too much pressure and I don’t need that in my life right now.
- Drink less coffee and more water. Since I started working I’ve been drinking waaay too much coffee, and waaay not enough water.
- Have fun!!! Yes I’m going to push myself, but my wonderful friend ( @jonesprime ) told me I need to start listening to my body, so I’m gonna work on that too.
So that’s my plan until September 1st. I’m gonna work my ass off and I’m going to do my best to report to you guys as much as I can!
My legs are super sore from my outdoor, uphill runs at the end of this week. I haven’t been this sore in a looooong time. So I know my muscles are retaining water and technically the scale is up 0.8 pounds….but it’s bullshit and I’m gonna keep kicking ass and everything will balance out by next Friday🤗
Men are raised to believe women are just objects. If they are exhibiting problematic behavior because of this conditioning, they need to unlearn that
There, that’s a good point. I completely agree.
Men are not people and are literally incapable of loving or even platonically liking women, only lesbians will treat a girl right
That, my friends, is where I drew the line with @blackamydunne (who blocked me when I said men are people, after she said, and I quote: “men are not people”)
If your opinions dehumanize anyone, and if your reaction to me saying “hey do you really mean what this sounds like???” is “yeah I do, [insert group of ppl] are not people”, then I will not hesitate to call you out on it. If she hadn’t blocked me I’d’ve done it in the privacy of her inbox