One of the things I love most about Rami Malek is that he is 100% not here for toxic masculinity. He wears whatever the fuck he wants. He played a gay teenager in one of his first acting roles. He’s openly caring and affectionate with men (and never tries to laugh it off or say some idiotic equivalent of “no homo”). He’s a vocal feminist. Basically whatever a Hollywood leading man “"should”“ be doing, he’s doing the opposite. He truly and wholeheartedly gives no fucks.
Honestly if he’s not one of your faves yet then wtf you doin
- you sitting beside his sarcophagus, waiting for him to awake from his slumber
- “good morning, ahky..”
- “good evening, my princess”
- him taking off his golden headpiece, placing it on top of your head, helping you balance to the weight of it
- listening to the stories he’s experienced in ancient egypt
- “what happens if i see you next and you’re gone?”
- “i swear to the name in ra, i will never leave you.”
- you begging to know actual age
- him retelling the story of how you met, you thinking he was an actor at the night exhibits
- “goodnight, ahkmenrah..”
- “good morning, y/n..”
i want a ww2 film about women ..idfc if its “just” german nurses baring the hell of medic camps with not a single weapon but a sharpnel and have to avoid disgusting soviet rapists and continue their duty as nurses. i dont care if its “just” about detroit working american women in an assembly line dealing with the harsh conditions of work and the pressure that the war depends on them, i want to see female russian soldiers amidst male russian soldiers fighting. i want to see okinawans and chinese women have to survive and fight tooth and nail under the pressure and chase of imperial japanese murderers. korean sex workers who had to endure the brutality of japanese field officers.
women who take role of their brothers, husbands or just male friends as nurses / armed forces so their male buddies are sent into combat when nobody else is going to take the role BUT women. women taking in aviation efforts because nobody else but women can at the moment, women taking as much u.s employment service–because its required for them to work extra hard at home to get a tomato and can of beans on the table–and that’s without ration tickets.
i’d love to see a film of women having to survive at the u.s home front because that’s all they have at the moment and are unable to join any of the army branches.
you may die like men in war or you survive like women.