So the first day of BiteCon was today, and it was just
So we (prettyinsoulpunk, mspennycrumb) went down to registration at around 9AM to pick up all of our photo op/autograph stuff, and I ended up seeing tifferini again, which is always a pleasure. I also got to meet licoriceplease as well :D
The first panel was “The Good, the Bad and the Mildly Terrifying” with Brian Patrick Wade, Seth Gilliam and Gideon Emery. They were all absolutely wonderful.
- Seth spoke about the fact that he knows there is obvious history he has with Talia, but Jeff hasn’t exactly told him what it is, so he likes to think that at some point Deaton had a thing for Talia and it didn’t particularly end well for him- so he’s loyal to the Hales still and hasn’t shifted allegiance to Scott’s pack or anything like that.
- Seth was also asked about his relationship with his sister (Morell) and what his headcanons were. He said that when they filmed their first few scenes together he didn’t know they were related so he was thinking that maybe he could drop some hints and that she would be a love interest for him.. and then he found out they were siblings and was just like ‘nOPE’
- Brian was asked if he lets his children watch the show and he said that him and his wife have just started letting them very recently since they’re only eleven and thirteen. He also said that sometimes his kids and wife would come to visit him on set and that they had discussed letting them watch it a while back when he was still on the show, but one time his son was doing homework in his trailer and he came back from makeup with the full alpha wolf makeup and his son got so terrified that they decided to hold off.
We went to go check out the vendors after that, where i saw so much amazing art and was blown away. daunt was lovely enough to give me a print that she asked me to include in the Crystal Reed Appreciation Project a while back and she’s brilliant so you all need to check her out. We also got to talk to Orny for a few minutes because he was selling his merchandise as well.
Next was Orny’s panel and all of it was gold (I managed to record most of it if you would like to watch it)
- Orny pointed out that the handwriting on the board in his classroom is never the same- and they’ve only actually let him write it once
- someone asked him what character he thinks has the personality most like his- he started off by saying he actually doesn’t watch the show, but doesn’t think anyone is really like him, and asked for her opinion. He said he loves just being able to tell people to “shut up” and wishes he could do that in every day life without repercussions- the girl then said “so you’re most like Derek?” to which he replied “which one is Derek?”
- when asked about whether he improvs some of coach’s lines or if they’re all scripted, he replied “well apparently, there’s a script” and says he likes to put as much of himself into it as he can, “which drives Jeff crazy.”
- he talked about how he was hired (because Jeff liked his comedy- he is the only cast member who didn’t have to audition)
- when asked about what his favorite part of playing Coach is, he said he loves the fact that he knows absolutely nothing “or he knows everything and just doesn’t care”
- he said he thinks we should start a petition to get coach a theme song, and it would have to be an original
- when asked about what it was like to finally actually shoot with Greenberg, eaddymays crashed the panel - and it was awesome
- when asked if he thought Coach was going to die when he got shot with the arrow, he said “no because I have a contract”
- he thinks there should be a DVD of just Coach outtakes and wants us to trend #coachouttakes, and stop spending so much time talking about “how cute Dylan is on twitter” instead.
- he said growing up his coach was always someone he could confide in and wants Coach to be more of a confidant to the kids on the show (in a dramatic sense)
- he said he has immense respect for Dylan and Posey because their egos haven’t gone to their heads and it “comes from them down” the fact that it’s a level-headed and cool show. He also emphasized that the cast is literally a family
- the “cupcake” line was an improv
- he talked about filming a scene last week with Stiles in which he was “acting stupid again” and Coach replied “you’re not hot enough to be this stupid”
- he said whatever we decide to pursue in life, the only thing that matters is that we love it and that it makes us happy - regardless of the money situation. He was told to be a doctor or lawyer and his parents spent a lot of money on education, but discovered the arts while studying abroad in Italy.
- as far as plot lines he would like to play out as coach - he said he always had a fantasy that coach would be the one behind everything going on. He said he likes that Coach is separate from the chaos- but says Coach may have been around for 600 years, has seen it all and doesn’t care.
- he talked about how Posey has loosened up a lot and scenes with him have become a lot of fun- they were filming a lacrosse scene last week and that he was like “McCall, whose you’re Daddy!?” and Posey said, “Not you!” and Posey said “You’ve never been my daddy!” and then I died.
- When asked if he were a teacher, how he would have handled the condom scene with Stiles, he replied he wouldn’t have handled it like Coach did- he probably would have blown it up. He said he’d be happy he was having safe sex but “Dylan and I change together all the time, there’s no way he’s XL”, and then said he was kidding that they haven’t seen each other’s and that he might be XXL
After Orny’s panel we went to his photo op session and he was like messing with my hair and making faces in the first one, so he physically pulled me in and told me we were taking a nice one.
Then we went to Eaddy’s photo op, and she told me that she liked my cosplay, which made me super happy. Then we took a few pictures and I told her about the she replied to one of my tumblr posts and she was like “oh yeah I remember that, I just re-read that again recently!” and I was dying on the inside and it was brilliant. She’s so lovely and it was just the greatest experience.
Then I took part in the cosplay contest as a part of team human and ended up getting 3rd place with my Caitlin cosplay- which I was not expecting at all- especially since I was the fan favorite. Everyone was so kind with all of the compliments they gave me on it.
The last event we had today was our meet and greet with Orny, and there were only eight of us in the room. It was very laid back and he was just super genuine. It was obvious that he was grateful people were willing to pay money to spend time with him, and he expressed that to us right away. We talked about his comedic influences and he told us some great stories about shows he has done. He asked us about fanfiction and what exactly it entailed and if any of us wrote it. He asked us how we felt about certain character deaths and the ones being brought back. We also had a discussion about how passionate the fanbase is and why it is that way for Teen Wolf versus other shows on the air and the dynamics of that. He showed us a vine he took of Posey a few days ago that they never actually published. We asked him how he felt about having Kira on the lacrosse team and he said he wanted to explore the dynamic of switching back and forth between locker rooms and how to approach that. He also said that he didn’t know if any of it made the cut, but that he constantly mispronounces Kira’s last name, and during one take when she corrected him he said, “Yukimura? what is that, Japanese for Greenberg?”
It was an amazing day and the con has only just begun.