Reasons to watch Leverage
eLIOT MOTHERFUCKING SPENCER
- Found family trope, which I will never get tired of in a million years
- You know that post asking for a series with a dark, fucked up, tragic beginning that gradually gets happier when the series progresses? Leverage is basically that. Four out of the five main characters have pasts that range from ‘Mildly sad and lonely’ to ‘Holy shit you’re fucked up’, but the show takes that and then makes them better. There’s no gritty downspiral, no one gets killed for shock value, it’s an action series that’s actually fun.
- Did I mention it is hilarious? Because it is. Really. Friggin’. Funny.
- Broody man getting called out on his broody man-ness
- Broody man having an awesome ex-wife who has moved on from the divorce, still cares about her ex-husband but is not bitter and also does not get jealous but instead becomes friends with ex-husbands new partner.
- No. Annoying. Love. Triangles. Just one glorious OT3.
- Ladies telling dudes they need more time before embarking on anything romantic and then getting as long as they need without anyone pressuring them into something they’re not ready for.
- Basically: HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- The resident nerd is not a stereotypical white boi geek, but a rather buff and very attractive black man. You know who is a stereotypical white boi geek? The villain.
- Not only relatable heroes, but relatable villains. I mean, everyone has been screwed over at least once by the type of scumbags portrayed in Leverage, so watching them getting taken for everything they own gives me tingles. Tingles of vindication.
- There’s one episode with two female leads that’s basically ‘Fuck the Bechdel test we’ve got criminals to catch’
But seriously, just go watch it for this glorious goober right here: