reblog and write in the tags how you prefer to listen to new musicals for the first time: watching them or listening to them? all the songs in order or hearing the more “popular” and well-known ones first? listening to it all at once or over a longer period of time? do you read a summary first or not? do you prefer to listen to new stuff casually/in the background or do you prefer to sit down and focus only on the music?
a pic of 076 to go with the one i made for 073 a couple days ago! sadly they don’t rlly look all that cohesive as companion pieces due to this one having a completely different size but,, i’m still rlly proud of em on there own!
It’s so, so refreshing to see a movie where the actual consequences of certain “superpowers” are explored in a thoughtful and ultimately human way. The practical implications of things like being impervious to poison include not being able to get drunk; sometimes you teleport a piece of paper but forget the ink. Without getting into spoilers, every ability these characters get is thought through to its logical conclusion in ways I’ve never seen any movie do before. Jealous Gods benefits from a writer who is less interested in Blockbuster-style action and expensive special effects and is more willing to be careful, thorough, and insightful with character. What does it mean to be friends with a guy who can coerce you to change your mind at any time? Trusting someone and fighting over a girl are really high-stakes scenarios when you can manipulate matter - but Jealous Gods isn’t worried about showing you brutal, bloody deaths, or visually epic, grand-scale clashes. Subdued, cleverly-shot confrontations in dorm rooms are what we have instead. Worried it might get boring? Don’t worry, the writing’s too good for that.
The writing is, pretty clearly, this film’s strongest element. Ari Bach (the writer/director) exhibits masterful characterization with some dry, reflective humor thrown in for good measure. You don’t have to “like” any of these characters to be utterly fascinated by them and want to know how it ends (spoiler alert: you’ll be left wanting more). The way they interact with each other and change over the course of the movie is gradual and authentic. A good chunk of the movie is generously dedicated to showing the characters experimenting with their powers, which is exactly what the audience wants at the beginning of a film which wastes no time getting where it wants to go.
There’s a risk you may be put off by the pacing; this is definitely a slow burn, with some scenes feeling painfully heavy. However, I’m inclined to believe that it contributes to tone in a really beneficial way. Yes, the movie’s slow at times - but it’s asking us as an audience to slow down ourselves and do a lot of thinking. I’m happy to oblige - the film asks us to consider a lot of philosophical topics, like determinism, utilitarianism, epistemology, speculative realism. As a philosophy student myself, I’m pleased that the film doesn’t talk down to its audience. Nor does it expect too much from us, a la Primer - questions are posed, considered, and sometimes even answered in an accessible, often blunt way. The balance between honest, heart-wrenching intra- and interpersonal drama and genuine philosophical questioning is really exquisite.
The film does have its faults, of course. The CG effects look cheap, but not in a way that detracts from the story - sometimes jarring, though. The film could benefit from a little more integrated soundtrack (though when original songs do show up, they’re excellent). Sound design is poor at best, and the color grading occasionally makes the film look washed-out. Some of the actors’ performances are a little discordant (with Parker Fowler as Don an exception). One thing I definitely applaud is the way the film was shot - obviously with an eye to artistic expression. For a first film, this is a stunner. I can’t wait to show it to everyone and uh you should go watch it yes.
One thing is that there are some sexual encounters that are dubiously consensual, but the film takes its characters to task for it; just know that those scenes are there if you’re sensitive to things like that. No blood or gore or anything, or explicit bits.
1. this might seem obvious, but wash your pants too. if ur like me and rewear those same leggings for 3-4 days in a row AND wear thongs or lace undies or bikini cut or really any underwear… just fucking wash your jeans trust me.
2. seriously just use moisturizer. ik ur reading this and just had a thought starting with “but…” girl there is no excuse for you not to. i’m a greasy ass italian bitch who sweats every fucking day and the right moisturizer changed the game for me.
3. be patient with skin products/regimes. shit doesn’t change overnight, but it works. although if you do experience redness or dryness stop using that product immediately.
4. just go to the doctor. if you have insurance or are still on a parent’s insurance, visit the doctor any time there’s even the slightest issue. they can help with mental health as well as physical health fyi.
5. treat the doctor like your best friend. don’t hold back. if your pussy hurts, speak the fuck up. if you’re smoking hella weed and it’s causing u issues, just tell them. some of them can be assholes but generally speaking they’re really there to help and will appreciate the honesty.
6. don’t freak out over a pimple. this isn’t just a “ohh ur still beautiful!!” thing it’s also a “the more u think about it, the more you’ll subconsciously touch it, the more it’ll get irritated” thing.
7. excercise. walk. get out in the air. offer to go grocery shopping with ur parents. walk around the block. exert yourself just a tiny bit every day, you’ll sleep better.
8. if your sleep schedule is off, don’t try to pull an all nighter to fix it. you will fail. work it back up to a normal time hour by hour daily.
9. busty ladies, invest in a nice bralette or other wireless bra from an online vendor. i’m a size 38F so finding them in stores can be tricky but they’re worth it. on days where i wanna just be casual and comfy but like yaknow in a cute sexy way, they’re perfect.
10. be confident & be unique! don’t sweat it if u are or aren’t atm, just find the things about yourself that make you YOU and go fucking HARD on that one thing (or few things). don’t be afraid to stand out, but also don’t be afraid to be misunderstood.
11. soap. cleanser. exfoliator (twice a week MAX). toner. moisturizer. in that order.
12. go to a movie alone. pretend nobody else is in the theater. react like you would at home watching a movie on netflix (with your parents or roommates home so that u don’t talk loudly in a theater).
13. go vegan. even if you don’t care about animals (lord knows i don’t), it’ll encourage you to eat better by boxing out bad foods. somebody brings in cookies to work? tell them you can’t have any cause you’re vegan. they’ll respect it or fear you’ll start ranting to them if they push you anymore.
14. go a little while without shaving your pussy, see what happens. if you don’t like it, shave it again and you’ll have a smoother-than-normal downstairs :)
15. have a go-to mindfullness place. an image in your head that doesn’t remind you of anything that causes worry. mine is an imaginary field in the middle of a forest, and i pretend i’m a big grizzly bear feeling the grass on my back. try to really make this image come to life in your mind. think of this when you’re suffering from insomnia, when you’re panicking, when you’re sad, when you’re alone.
16. speaking of depression tips! go buy a journal right now. when you’re having a meltdown, open up the journal and start listing things you love. this includes (but is definitely not limited to) mundane things like socks or hardwood floors. it forces you to be in a mindset that thinks positively about things and simultaneously reminds you of the good in the world.
17. are you sad? put on fun/goofy music and deep clean your room.
18. wash your pillowcases you dirty bitch. i know you drool in your sleep. and your nasty face is rubbing all on it all the food you ate today is just rubbing all over that motherfucker ew just wash your pillowcase.
19. hate prepping for extended-family holiday visits? ask for lush spa giftcards for christmas. and if they think that’s too impersonal, just tell them to order whatever at all from their website. you can’t really go wrong with lush products.
20. make a playlist that makes you feel sexy and put it on. listen, dance and wiggle in your bed or chair, and then masturbate for the best nut of your life!
21. do rituals. something that makes you feel like you’re in control of the universe. it can be as simple as lighting a candle and thinking really hard about the same sentence over and over. it’s hella empowering.
22. binge watch 2 shows at once. one for comedy/lighthearted fun and another that’s maybe more serious but something you’ve wanted to see for a while. switch them out as you see fit.
23. listen to audiobooks! find a use for them, whether it’s sleeping, walking around, or just mindless daily tasks.
24. don’t over caffeinate if you are prone to anxiety. if your absolute maximum is 4 cups of coffee per diem, start replacing your regular daily coffee intake (let’s say it’s two cups) with 4 cups of black tea. don’t drink any caffeine after 6 unless it’s a special occasion.
25. nobody is staring at you. and if they are, it’s because they’re trying to fully process all the uniqueness that they see in you, and that’s a good thing. no exceptions.
The difference between Rick and Morty Fans and “Fans”
Person: Oh hey do you watch Rick and Morty?
Fan: Yeah, I do. It’s pretty cool, I enjoy it!
“Fan”: <ahem> yes, I do. Such a smart show. You have to have an IQ of at LEAST 200 to understand every nuanced joke and reference. That’s why I watch it. Because I’m so god damn fucking smart. Don’t even TALK to me if you don’t drop a reference to the show at some point. Also, Pickle Rick is the best episode. My first episode I watched. COMEDY AT ITS PIQUE. Women writers wrote the worst episodes though.
BTS watching Harry Potter is my aesthetic and JinHope’s “Gryffindor!” in Bon Voyage 2 is everything I imagined it’d be in all my times of fantasizing what it woud be like if BTS watched Harry Potter and got into late-night discussions of what Houses they’re in. Namjoon most likely explaining that Slytherin isn’t a bad House and has many great qualities similar to Ravenclaw in the case that one or more of the members got sorted into the green.
y’know, in the nearly 3 months since season 2 aired i’ve only watched the last 15 minutes once, the first time i watched it. it genuinely hurts me to watch past lila’s appearance, so i always have to stop watching right after “Have you ever been to Paris? Good, cause I want it to be just for us.” They’re so happy and in love and the sun is shining through the windows like nothing in the world could go wrong right at that moment, and then… well. we know how the story goes.
A/N: this was requested a couple weeks ago but I can’t remember by who (I know I’m terrible.) but I hope you enjoy!!
New York, the city that never sleeps. The city that was home to broadway plays. I never imagined I’d be able to visit here. Yet here I was, spending spring break with the rest of my drama class who chose to go, which consisted of mostly everyone who had nothing better to do for the week. A majority of the class was there just for extra credit and something to do over break. I, however, had always dreamed of going to see plays on broadway.
There were very few of us that actually cared about the trip: a boy, another girl, and I. The girl, Abigail, was quiet, reserved. She kept to herself most times and I respected that. I was nice to her, didn’t try to bother her too much. I knew she didn’t enjoy conversations.
The boy’s name was Shawn. He was the type you’d expect to see playing baseball or basketball, not in drama club. He was tall with a slim build but muscles prominent where they should be. His hair was a dark brunette color and was often pushed off his forehead, a wavy mess. His eyes were the color of warm honey.
I’d known him most of my high school life. We’d taken drama classes together since I could remember so it was hard for us to not know each other. He was always sweet, seemed super intelligent. We talked occasionally but nothing too in depth. He was always nice to me as was I to him. He was good looking, no doubt.
When we had arrived, everyone else had already picked who they would share a hotel room with. All the other rooms were filled and with only one other room left, Shawn and I ended up sharing a room. Our teacher didn’t mind, she knew we were both trustworthy kids. Since we were sharing a room, I decided to spark up more conversation with Shawn. I was spending the rest of this week with him, after all. Might as well get to know him better.
“So what part of the trip are you most excited about?” I asked Shawn.
“Overall, going to see Wicked on broadway. But right now it’s getting something to eat. I’m starving.” He laughed. We’d been walking through Central Park for nearly an hour now and all of us hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. I checked my watch, 2:35. My stomach growled once I realized how long it had been since the last time I ate.
“Now that you mention it, I’m pretty hungry too.” I said. My eyes searched for any nearby food vendors in the park. I saw one out in the distance, nearly two blocks away. I nudged Shawn’s arm. “There’s some type of food stand up there.” I pointed in the direction of what looked to be the typical New York hot dog stand.
Shawn’s eyes got wide and I giggled lightly at how excited he got over food. Our group slowly made its way towards where the food was. Shawn and I bought pretzels and soda. We talked for hours more, hardly paying any attention to everyone else on the trip and the beautiful city around us.
My alarm went off at 7:00 the next morning. I don’t remember setting it that early, but there was probably some reason why so I went ahead and got out of the uncomfortable hotel bed. I stretched and made my way to the shower, grabbing clothes on the way. I did my normal shower routine: shampoo and condition my hair, wash my body, then my face. When I dried myself off I realized I hadn’t grabbed any underwear out of my suitcase. Shit.
I tiptoed out of the bathroom, trying to not wake Shawn up. I squatted down beside my suitcase and struggled to keep my towel wrapped around me. With one hand, I let my towel go so I could search for my underwear. I knew Shawn was asleep still so it didn’t matter. I dug through my suitcase, sitting there completely bare.
I stood back up after wrapping the towel back around my still damp body. I checked to see if Shawn was still asleep, which he wasn’t. My mouth dropped open in shock, I didn’t know what to say.
“I’m- I’m so sorry I didn’t know you were awake.” I apologized.
“No it’s all good. We just won’t tell anyone about this, okay?” He said. I nodded my head in agreement and made my way back to the bathroom. I got ready and tried to continue the day like normal but it was too awkward between Shawn and I. I could barely even look at him and there were still six more days left of this trip. Our group walked through the streets of New York, barely even two blocks from our hotel.
“Look just because I saw you naked doesn’t mean you have to be weird with me.” Shawn spoke quietly so only I could hear. “Besides, you shouldn’t be embarrassed. You looked pretty good.” I felt my cheeks heat up and I playfully hit him.
“I can’t believe you.” I joked. His cheeks were now red too, realizing he had actually said that. I had seen him almost naked this morning too, only his boxers when he had gotten out of bed. And oh man, was he a sight to see. His arms were strong and muscular. His abdomen was toned, no flaw to be found whatsoever.
“I wouldn’t mind seeing you naked again.” He smirked, knowing I knew what he was suggesting. I couldn’t believe it but I wanted it too.
“Excuse me?” I said.
“You know what I said.” He boasted. I was surprised at his sudden confidence. I knew what the answer was. Of course it was yes. After seeing his so carefully sculpted body earlier this morning, there was no way possible I could turn this down. I looked Shawn in the eyes and nodded my head yes.
“Ma'am,” Shawn spoke to our teacher, “my roommate left her phone in our room and she was really wanting to make some pictures. Can we go back to the hotel to get it?” Lie on top of more lies. I was weirdly okay with it though. After getting permission, Shawn and I walked back to our hotel.
The two blocks seemed like miles now that Shawn and I both were anticipating something. I knew we wouldn’t have much time once we got back to the hotel room. I began fantasizing about what was to come. Shawn hovering over me, his muscular arms on either side of me, his breathing unsteady and soft moans escaping his lips. Oh gosh.
Shawn grabbed my hand to help guide me through the crowded sidewalk, not wasting any time as he was walking briskly. We were finally outside the hotel. We rushed in the doors and onto the elevator. The lobby of the hotel was completely empty and nobody else had gotten on the elevator with us. I took the chance to kiss Shawn. I grabbed the denim fabric of his jacket and pulled him down to press my lips against his.
The kiss was delicate until Shawn began to bite my bottom lip. My hand ran through his thick brown hair. His grasped around my waist. I was sent into a blissful high until I heard the elevator doors open. We rushed into the room. Shawn fumbled with the room card. I could sense his eagerness.
I hurriedly stripped off my shirt and began to unbutton my jeans. I left my bra and panties on, leaving those on for Shawn to take off. I glanced up at him to see he was still wearing pants.
“Hurry, Shawn.” I said, the impatience apparent in my voice. He took his pants off, his bulge obvious through his tight fitting boxers. He took me by surprise when he picked me up, sitting me on his lap after sitting down on the edge of the bed. His lips soon attached to my neck and I threw my head back to give him better access. He started to suck at the crook of my neck.
“Please no hickeys.” I begged. He stopped sucking at my skin to unclasp my bra. He bit his lip slightly, looking more alluring to me than ever before. I took his face into my hands and kissed his lips roughly, wanting him to know how badly I needed him. He stood up, placing his arm at the small of my back to support me then laid me onto the bed. His fingers hooked into my underwear and pulled them off slowly.
“Get on your stomach.” He muttered. I did as he wished and got onto my stomach, letting my forearms rest on the bed. I heard him searching through his pants pockets for his wallet then the tear of a condom wrapper. I soon felt the warmth of his body behind me again.
“You ready?” Shawn asked. I replied with an ‘mhm’ then felt his hands spreading my legs further apart. He entered me and I gasped. He wasn’t my first, but he was much bigger than the other two guys I’d been with. I waited for him to start thrusting, I was impatient after a few seconds. He took himself out completely and I felt empty, only to be filled again. He repeated this action over and over, making my legs shake. I moaned out his name.
His hands gripped onto my hips now. He thruster deeper into me but no longer took himself out completely. His thrusts were at a pace enjoyable for both of us and hard enough to make me moan out profanities. The small hotel room grew hotter as time went on. I could feel sweat dripping down my neck.
“You’re so tight, oh god.” Shawn groaned. He stopped fucking me and turned me onto my back. I was more pleased with this position than the previous one, I could now look at him. He slipped into me once again, continuing the pace he’d had before. His arms were on either side of me and his face right above mine. Sweat droplets ran down his forehead and his cheeks were flushed.
“Shawn, I’m gonna come.” I moaned, my voice getting slightly higher pitched. His eyes flickered up to mine, no longer watching my breasts bounce gently or watching himself thrust into me. He wore a smirk on his face. His mouth went to my boobs, leaving wet kisses everywhere. The extra pleasure sent me into euphoria. My back arched and I lightly tugged at Shawn’s hair. Soft moans escaped my parted lips as my orgasm washed over my entire body.
He soon pulled out and went to throw the condom away. He walked back into the room, still completely naked and definitely a sight to see. I sat up and began to put my clothes back on as did Shawn.
“I can tell this trip is going to be fucking great.” He laughed. I nodded my head in agreement. It definitely will be.
Deathwatch 2017: Here’s which shows will be renewed and canceled
“Don’t worry Onesies (or whatever Once Upon fans call themselves): Despite lower ratings than many on this list, we hear the veteran fantasy is a near-lock to return. There could be a BIG shake-up in Storybrooke, however, to keep costs down…” (Source: EW)
Bubble Watch: Status Report On ‘Once’, ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Exorcist’, ‘Timeless’ & Other Series In Limbo
“Things also look promising for veteran Once Upon a Time, contingent on closing deals with four cast members identified to lead a planned reimagining of the series, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue. I hear the show is meeting with writers as two of its key producers, Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, left to become co-showrunners on Fear the Walking Dead.” (Source: Deadline)