TVD 2x02 Review
1. I really like Paternal Stefan, I wish he and Jeremy had more screen time.
2. I mean they SEEM like a family. “Well today we have a distraction courtesy of the slave driver, Elena. Hello, Elena!” I could see him saying this to his son. I’ve finished watching This Is Us, which I liked for various and really disliked for others but Jack and Rebecca, I could see them being Stelena.
3. “Is Elena worried too? I bet I’m your every conversation” yeah Damon, because you killed her brother.
4. I also like how they’re saying he’s worried he’s going to explode as if killing Jeremy wasn’t an explosion.
5. I forgot that Bonnie was vibing on Carter and he was vibing on Bonnie before he is brutally killed like essentially every black man on this show and all of her love interests.
6. What other show is Carter in?
7. So remember that time Damon killed Jeremy and then remember that time he went to the carnival and put Jeremy in a chokehold because Jeremy was rightfully upset? And remember that time the show treated this as a mild annoyance and made Elena look like a terrible sister and human being for being with the man who did this to her brother?
8. I really like when Paul and Ian stand next to each other because the contrast, like Paul is fucking sculpted its insane, that collarbone?
9. “There is no such thing as combat turtles” “It’s Ninja turtles actually” love Stefan.
10. Ian STOP with the eyebrows, we GET it. He didn’t waggle his eyebrows as Boone right? He just tries to give Damon a thing.
11. I remember I used to love when Caroline pushed Damon down the hell but that is wildly underwhelming considering everything he’s done to her. At least break a kneecap. Or push him so hard, he slams into a wall.
12. Also I like how Damon is the one who sets up this experiment with Carter and Tyler but doesn’t even stick around to see it through? Stefan has to be the one to make sure everything doesn’t end in bloodshed?
13. Also I forget how exactly would Katherine know that Damon gave Caroline vampire blood?
14. “Because Katherine is a manipulative nasty little slut” so are we just not going to talk about Damon’s misogyny? Also, why are we acting like Caroline being turned is the worst thing ever when literally last episode Damon killed Jeremy? And last season Damon tried to kill Caroline and abused and raped her? AND he turned Vicki and sent her over to Elena’s house for fun? And he literally just compelled a guy to keep going at Tyler just to see what happens. Like Katherine is actually pretty low-key compared to Damon’s shit, guys.
15. Wasn’t there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki? No, it was a Halloween party. Already the writers are forgetting their own canon.
16. Bonnie going around being a sounding board to everyone’s problems and no one has asked her anything about herself. Cool.
17. I also kind of love how both Stefan and Elena protect Caroline, like Elena has her front and he has her back. Seriously, Mom and Dad of the group.
18. Stefan helping Caroline in the bathroom is still one of the sweetest scenes in the series.
19. “Bonnie, it wasn’t his fault” no but like basically everything else is, he deserves to die, fam.
20. Totally glad that Damon nearly got burned alive.
21. “I have a doppelganger who is hellbent on destroying all of us.” HOW? Katherine turned Caroline, shitty, yes, but like that’s kind of she’s all done right now. She just went to the wake and pretended to be Elena fo five minutes, calm down.
22. “But killing you, what’s it going to do?” Jeremy, if you had just killed Damon then Tyler wouldn’t have died, Aaron wouldn’t have died, nameless innocents wouldn’t have died, the world would’ve been a much better place if Jeremy or Bonnie just killed him.
23. Damon and Jeremy “bonding” because their fathers hated vampires makes literally no sense. They don’t even SAY anything.
24. Still think it’s totally cute that Stefan wakes Elena up by kissing her and she’s jut like “oh hey, what time is it?”
Thanks for reading!