The Magick of Fashion 👛✨
It’s no secret that fashion on its own possesses an entirely different creative world that differs from everything else. The fabrics we choose to put on our bodies are gateways to the soul, a wonderful way to showcase on the ~outside~ how we are and what we feel on the ~inside.~ For Witches, fashion can be even more magickal (if that were even possible)! We proudly done special cloaks and robes to amp up our practices, lovingly accept the pointy hat as our longtime trademark, and flourish when slipping into rings and bracelets, accepting them as our battle gear. Here are some tips to bring magick and fashion together!
✨ Enchanting Jewelry
- Jewelry is such a wonderful way to not only accessorize our bodies, but to help give us little boosts of confidence. How wonderful is it to be able to carry around a certain crystal by attaching it to a chain and wearing it around our necks? If you wish to encourage a specific emotion in your life, than look into crystal pendants, mala bead bracelets, dangle or stud crystal earrings, and crystal rings. Craving more love? Try a rose quartz bracelet hugged around your wrist. In need of protective vibes? Put on an obsidian necklace! There really is no limit to the minerals we can choose from to enhance our lives by wearing.
- Also consider making your *own* jewlery. If crystals as jewelry just isn’t your thing, try hand-making your own hemp bracelets or necklaces, adding special beads and charms and anointing your creation with essential oils.
- Cleanse your special jewelry accordingly! If ever you feel it’s power lessening, wave some incense/sage/palo santo over it while stating a blessing; leave it on the windowsill under a full moon, or create a small altar (placing your jewelry in the center), to boost its vibes.
✨ Your Signature Outfit(s)
- As a Witch, there are no limits to obtaining things that make you feel your most powerful. Clothing can be one of these things (although, it is just as acceptable to work certain magick in the nude, if that is your preference)! Many witches assign themselves a certain outfit or article of clothing to slip into during rituals.
- Figuring out what your own witchy uniform is can be tricky, so try to get inspired! Try on several different things before deciding on what you feel extra powerful in. For some, this may be a velvet cloak decked out in glitter. It could be a pair of lace gloves that have been enchanted with a special energy that flows through your hands while doing spellwork. It could even just be a simple t-shirt! Anything that allows you to feel your most “witchy” and that you are attached to, will be the perfect thing to flaunt while working your special magick in.
- “Wardrobe Witchcraft” doesn’t even need to be designated for spellwork. If you’re like me, you may find magick within clothing each and every day. Your style belongs to you, and wearing something unique that screams “this is who I am” to the world is just as magical as anything else. Your favourite outfit may very well be your suit of armor. Develop your own sense of style, and let yourself feel as if you are celebrating your unique soul each and every time you get dressed in the morning.
✨ Traveling Magick… In Your Clothes?
- You read that right! If you’re feeling extra creative and have a knack for sewing, why not sew sigils on the insides of your clothing? You may also consider sewing tiny pockets on the inside of jackets, sweaters, or bags, using them as a little storage space to carry stones and tiny bags of herbs. Enchanting your articles of clothing with symbolism and on-the-go crystals is an excellent way to enchance their energies!
✨ Colours + Fabrics for Moods
- A final idea involves the work of touch and sight. Dress according to your emotions, or even according to what you *wish* to feel. Either way works, as it should allow you to get better in touch with your own emotions! Wishing for more passion? Wear a little bit (or a lot) of red. Feeling blue? Show it through the color. Longing to feel extra-feminine? That’s where pink comes in. It’s all so simple, it hardly even seems like work at all. :-) The same method can work through the use of fabrics themselves. Each material has such a different feel, and it’s quite beautiful that we have such a variety of fabrics to allow our skin to feel soft and warm. Wearing velvet on the night of a full moon may make you feel extra sorceress-like, whereas wearing delicate silks can help you to bring out your more angelic vibes. Showcasing your emotions through feeling and color is really so simple and yet so powerful - Think of yourself as a walking mood ring!
I truly hope that these ideas provide some of you with a spark of inspiration! Witches have a way of turning anything into something powerful and enchanting, so doing that through fashion should come as no surprise. Blessed be, and stay stylish ~ 😊✨💕