Global Update - March 2016
Hi LoliRockers !
It’s time for a little update on… many things.
First of all, production of season 2 :
It’s progressing, slowly but surely. Our teams, both in France and Malaysia (Inspidea) are working hard to make the best show they can.
If possible, I’ll try to tease you from time to time about it… Anyway, you’ll see more of our princesses very soon !
Second, who’s behind this blog ?
Surprisingly, this question seems to matter for a lot of you. I receive a lot of question about “Who updates it ?” and more specifically, “Is it director Vandestoc ?? And can we consider it’s Jean-Louis Vandestoc’s official blog ?”.
Well, no. It’s not Jean-Louis’ official tumblr, and he’s not the one writing here either. He reads and helps me from time to time though, but he’s very busy with season 2 right now.
I’m one of the supervising producers of the show and I work very closely with Jean-Louis, ever since I joined the team at the beginning of the production. Just call me “Production Guy” or whatever. No need for more. I like my privacy. ;)
Third, what’s next ?
I asked in a previous post what you guys would like for the next ones. Here’s the new guidelines we’ll follow :
From now :
- I’ll continue to post pre-production artworks and concept art, not worry about that. Including compilations regarding specific characters or locations.
- I noted the request for more ephedian stuff : the magic, kingdoms, background, lore, and such. It’ll require a lot of work to prepare those, but I’ll do my best. ;)
- Also noted you like to know how we lived this production, I’ll dig for more team’s post-it, production stories, and such.
- I’m preparing a “F.A.Q” section, for… well, obviously, the frequently asked questions, and also in Index section to make the navigation to old posts easier. (Don’t forget the Archive page, it helps a lot !)
- Until now, I posted materials episode by episode, in the order of production, mixing designs, stories, animatics and such. Unfortunately, I won’t have the time to do so for the rest of the series from now on. So I’ll just focus on the most important things, starting with what you guys ask for first instead.
- The animatics and behind-the-scenes on youtube are liked, but they take a LOT of time to prepare… For now, I’ll have to focus on the other things listed above. The videos will be back later, don’t worry. I’ll also focus on our best scenes from now on, instead of posting entire part of every episode
And that’s all for now ! ;)