Touken Baby AU Part 1
Okay, here’s the post I promised with my headcanons for an AU I had planned on writing years ago, but then other people started doing the same thing and I felt discouraged.
Here it goes:
- Kaneki decides to fight in the Anteiku Raid, but before going he visits Touka, knowing he could die. He goes to her apartment, trying to apologize or make her understand, but Touka in a spur of the moment decision kisses him. They end up having sex, before he leaves for good.
- Touka wants to go after Kaneki, but Yomo convinces her to leave. She escapes with Yomo, being hopeful that one day Kaneki would return.
- Kaneki, like in canon, “dies” and is taken away by Arima.
- About two months after the raid, Touka realizes she’s pregnant. Scared, she ends up confiding in Yomo, who promises he’d always be there for her. Yomo also confesses he’s actually her uncle. Touka cries because she realizes she hasn’t lost her entire family.
- Touka can no longer eat meat, for she just throws it up. She decides to try human food, and although it tastes horrible, she doesn’t throw it up.
- Yomo finds a small apartment so that they can settle there.
- Touka grows weaker as time passes by, which worries Yomo.
- When Touka is around five months, they contact Nishiki again.
- Nishiki is surprised to find that his friend is pregnant, and when he notices how pale Touka looks, he decides to help her.
- Nishiki researches about pregnancies, and what he knows about ghoul anatomy to help Touka. He’s not convinced the baby will make it, but creates a diet for Touka which includes both human food with nutrients as well as human meat. After her diet changes, Touka feels much better, and the baby seems to be healthy as well for it moves a lot.
- Touka is also depressed because there have been no sings of Kaneki and neither Yomo nor Nishiki are confident that he’s alive. She wishes he was there for the baby. However, she finds comfort on the child growing inside of her and decides to be a good mom.
- When the time comes for Touka to give birth, it’s honestly a mess. Yomo freaks out while Nishiki barks orders at him to get warm water, towels, scissors and other stuff. Meanwhile, Touka can’t do more than lay on bed. It takes almost a whole day for Touka to give birth. By the end she’s exhausted and honestly thinking that she won’t make it, when Nishiki announces he sees the head. With one final push, she gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. Touka names her after her mother, Hikari.
- Hikari is almost an exact replica of Touka. She has dark hair, pale skin, and Touka’s nose. However, the eyes are Kaneki’s. Touka is happy she resembles her dad in that way.
- Nishiki examines Hikari and says she’s healthy, so there’s nothing to worry about. He still keeps a careful eye on her.
- The first few months, Hikari’s only food is Touka’s milk. Touka tries to keep eating human food to give Hikari the nutrients she’d need, but she can’t stomach it any longer. However, Hikari grows normally.
- When she’s around five months old, they try giving her human food. They soon discover that there’s a limit with the amount of human food Hikari can consume before getting sick. She can eat human meat too.
- Yomo buys Hikari a bunny plushie, which becomes her favorite toy.
- At one point, Yomo asks Touka what she wishes to do now, given the fact she’s a teen mom. Touka says she wants to have her own coffee shop, similar to what Anteiku was. Yomo promises her one day they’ll have it.
- Hikari keeps growing. Soon they find that even if she looks a lot like Touka, she’s much calmer than her mom. Sometimes, Hikari just sits looking pensive, even for a toddler. Touka smiles because in that sense Hikari takes after Kaneki.
- Touka reads to Hikari every night before bedtime. She buys books that she thinks Kaneki would approve of for their daughter. Hikari loves books much like Kaneki.
- Hikari starts speaking faster than Touka thought she would.
- As Hikari grows, Touka tells her about her father even if she doesn’t understand that much. She keeps a picture of him, which she shows Hikari telling her that’s her dad. The toddler often points to it, saying “dad” and nodding as if she understands that’s her dad.
- Finally, they have enough money to rent a place to open their coffee shop. They remodel it, and Touka decides to decorate it with lots of books, confident one day Kaneki will return. That’s why she names it “Re.”
- When Hikari is about two years and a half, :Re opens.
Okay, since this was becoming too long, wait for part 2. It’ll feature the events of Re. Hope you liked it.