This year I am comitted to journaling every day. To make sure I am inspired to write I’ve compiled a list of prompts using journaling prompts, list prompts and self-discovery questions. Feel free to use!
365 Days of Journaling
1. Your New Year’s Resolutions.
2. Personal fact file.
3. Review of 2014
4. How can you treat yourself more gently this year? Things you could lighten up on yourself about?
5. List 5 simple activities to nurture yourself.
6. What do you need to stop worrying about?
8. What do you repeatedly re-evaluate? Can you let it go?
9. List things you should be proud of.
10. What negative phrases do you say about your body? Can you replace them with positive affirmations about your body?
11. List 10 things your body does that is amazing.
12. How are you sleeping?
14. In my heart I know the one way I can nurture my bod more this year is ___.
15. What makes you feel loved and cared for?
16. How does social media affect you?
17. List your greatest comforts.
18. Book Review
19. Design your outdoor area/garden.
20. Who do you want to surround yourself with this year?
21. An artist that inspires you.
22. List current and future goals and dreams.
23. What’s something you do differently to other people?
24. List what you are grateful for.
25. What’s something you want to do but haven’t?
27. List things you do to procrastinate.
28. Do you feel worthy of nurturing and gentle care? How does it feel for you to say ‘I am deserving of loving care. I take time to take care of myself?’
29. List words that touch your soul.
30. I wish animals could…… If they could, then…..
31. Has your greatest fear come true?
32. Never have I ever list.
33. What’s holding you back?
34. List dream jobs.
35. Favourite recipe.
36. List fictional characters with whom you have fallen in love.
38. I am inspired by…
39. Your favourite flower?
40. Movie Review.
41. ‘If I won the lottery’ list.
42. In this moment are you happy?
44. List things you like to do when you’re sick.
45. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
46. ‘If I ruled the world’ list.
47. Words to live by.
48. I wish I had one more chance to….. Then I would…..
49. 5 things you want in a relationship.
50. My overused words and phrases.
52. Recipe for a perfect weekend.
53. Make a table, 10 things you love and hate about your body.
54. List your greatest achievements.
55. Doodle here.
56. What’s your happiest childhood memory?
57. In ten years from now where would you like to be?
58. What’s your perfect trip?
59. When have you felt most passionate?
60. Your skills.
61. I wish I could forget the time I ….. because….
62. Book Review.
64. If not now – when?
65. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
66. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day before?
67. Write a letter, Dear Past Me.
68. What would you wish for if a genie granted you 3 wishes?
69. The most disappointed I’ve ever been…
70. What scares you?
72. 10 television shows.
73. Nobody knows that I…
74. Your favourite scent?
75. Do you cope with stress? How?
76. List your essentials.
77. Plan a romantic evening.
78. Your saddest memory?
79. What’s the difference between being alive and truly living?
81. I wish I had a million… Then I would…
82. List books.
83. Decide upon a three course meal.
84. If we learn from mistakes why are we so frightened of making them?
85. What’s something you’ve learnt today?
86. What was your favourite school subject?
87. 10 celeb crushes.
88. The most fun I’ve ever had…
89. What are you looking forward to?
90. List places you want to go.
92. Describe each day of the week as if it was a person?
93. Are you a worrier?
94. The tattoos you have?
95. 10 things to do before your next birthday. (95)
96. Who was your best friend?
97. List favourite quotes.
98. Favourite colour combos.
99. Movie review.
100. Who do you admire?
101. I wish I could learn….. because…..
102. Look through a magazine – what images stand out?
103. The biggest lie I’ve ever told is…
104. Favourite animation.
105. Something out of reach…
106. A mistake you won’t make again?
108. List things that feel like home.
109. I am…
110. I’m not very good at…
111. List things you want to be known for.
112. What was your favourite toy?
113. Your character traits.
115. Describe your dream job.
116. Write a letter, Dear Future Me.
117. Make an A-Z list of things that you want to do.
118. Write about your first job?
120. List of websites.
121. Ways to waste time…
122. Table of Do’s and Don’ts
123. Your make-up bag?
124. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
125. What makes you miserable?
127. Things you find beautiful?
128. There’s no excuse for…
129. The most terrifying moment of my life was…
130. What was your first car?Design your bedroom.
131. In 25 years will you be proud of the things you did or regret the things you didn’t do?
132. Write a mantra.
133. Your bucket list.
135. A-Z list of words to describe you.
136. What makes you unique?
137. Your next tattoo?
138. Lyrics of meaning.
139. Movie review.
140. Collection of jokes.
141. What happiness means to you?
142. Doodle here.
144. List 3 things that went right or wrong today.
145. How do you deal with anger?
146. Are you forgiving?
147. Things I always did with my dad when I was young…
148. List things that remind me of a my childhood.
149. Favourite emotion?
150. What is magic?
151. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
152. When do you make excuses?
154. List bad habits.
155. Childhood games.
156. List family traditions.
157. Something you overheard today.
158. Choose a poem.
159. List things that motivate you.
161. Get a map and plan a route.
162. Qualities you look for in a boyfriend?
163. Your pet.
164. Your definition of beauty.
165. Plan a perfect date.
166. List things that happened on the day you were born.
168. List of questions.
169. Your perfume?
170. HTML colour codes.
171. List pet peeves.
172. Robert Frost write a poem titled The Road Not Taken. Name a road you’ve always wanted to travel. Where do you hope it takes you, and what might you see on the way?
174. Ways to relax…
175. Your favourite albums?
176. Authors whose work you enjoy.
177. The worst nightmare you’ve ever had?
178. 5 things you can’t live without?
179. Every child deserves…
180. What would you change about the world?
181. List things to collect.
182. Plan an exercise routine.
183. I wish I had enough money to……
184. Cocktail recipe.
185. List summer goals.
186. Best advice given.
188. Your favourite piece of classical music.
189. Your talents?
190. What 5 traits do people first notice when they meet you for the first time?
191. List of 10 boy names.
192. Designer inspiration.
193. How much will power do you have?
194. Your favourite place and why?
195. Place your playlist on shuffle, write the lyrics to first song played.
196. List people you love.
197. Think back to the toys of your childhood.
198. Choose some scenery.
199. Favourite days of the year.
200. Today’s horoscope.
201. I wish everyone loved……
202. Advice to your best friend.
203. What does your sleeping position say about you?
204. Is there a heaven?
205. Things I always did with my mam when I was young…
206. Who would you like to thank for something they did for you in the past?
207. Favourite holiday.
208. Design something.
209. What did you buy today?
210. Favourite colour palette.
211. Are you competitive?
212. Create a pattern.
213. Your pet.
214. Find a new poem.
216. What does love mean to you?
217. Ten ways to improve yourself.
219. Your karaoke song.
220. Here is what others see me as …
221. Your favourite weather.
222. What is your personal secret to happiness?
223. What does real success in life mean to you?
224. Things that happened ten years ago today…
226. Your blog.
227. Your favourite season.
229. Mission in life…
230. In three words, describe your life.
231. Dreams for someday…
232. What do you think of the saying YOLO?
233. Best advice received.
234. What are means to you?
235. Most valued idea.
236. Most fun day ever.
237. Are you brave?
238. Happiest moment lately.
239. Who am I really?
240. Yesterday, I was…
241. What kind of day are you having, and why?
242. Your wedding song?
243. In what areas are you optimistic, and in what areas are you pessimistic?
244. Describe your life in colour.
245. What do you see in the mirror?
247. Interior design inspiration.
249. The headlines today are…
250. Write down today’s stresses.
251. What is your earliest memory of home?
252. Qualities you look for in a friend?
253. A promise I must make myself.
255. Something you learnt the hard way?
256. Urgent challenges.
257. What would your superpower be?
259. How much self-control do you have?
260. Who do you talk to when you have a problem?
261. Paint a picture.
262. Where would you like to be lost?
263. How old were you four years ago? Describe some things you can do now that you could not do then.
264. Book review.
265. Choose a religion.
266. List of things to photograph.
267. A place you relax.
268. Favourite family photo.
269. Describe how university was for you?
270. A photo that makes you happy.
272. Use a newspaper for inspiration today.
273. Your house rules?
274. When I am old I will…
275. Who or what has had a strong influence in your life?
276. Write about climbing.
277. What’s the meaning of your name?
278. Make an emotional graph whilst listening to a song.
279. Doodle here
280. List places you would not visit.
281. What other profession would you do?
283. What does it feel like to be wrong?
284. Would you jump out of a plane?
285. What have you won?
286. Favourite brands.
287. Where do you feel most comfortable?
288. A woman who inspires you.
289. Which is least important to you–money, power, fame–and why?
290. Describe a dream that you had recently. Provide as many details as possible.
291. Why is it important to be honest?
292. A ridiculous law held in your country.
293. Why do you work where you work?
294. What’s your least favourite mode of transportation?
295. Place your playlist on shuffle and write the first ten songs that are played.
296. Where do you people watch?
297. Collect some wallpaper.
298. Movie Review
299. Draw optical illusions.
300. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
301. What headline really got to you today?
302. Write about a difficult time in your life when you showed strength.
303. Best lesson you’ve ever learnt?
304. Something expensive you won’t buy yourself.
305. What historical events happened the year you were born?
307. Does Never Never Land really exist?
308. Favourite candles.
309. List of fictional places you wish you could visit.
310. Do you look after yourself?
311. Seven things I love to do.
312. How does the weather effect you?
313. What do you think of animal testing?
315. List five things you would buy if money wasn’t an object?
316. If you were a doctor, what kind of doctor would you be?
317. Open up a random book to page 33, and take the first sentence at the top of the page and start writing from it.
318. A-Z list of words that mean something to you.
319. Sometimes I pretend to be.
320. Describe your relationship with your grandparents.
321. As a writer, my dream come true would be…
322. List 3 things that went right today.
323. Trace your hand, write words on how you feel today inside.
324. Favourite superhero?
325. I promise to…
326. What effect does music have on you?
327. What can you see out of your window right now?
328. Name one thing you have always been good at doing.
329. What is your favourite form of exercise?
330. A festival you would like to experience?
331. The problem with being me is that…
332. Today’s fashion inspiration.
333. Families are important because…
334. Are you doing what you believe in or what you believe you should be doing?
335. What era inspires you?
336. A myth or legend that intrigues you.
337. What really moves you?
338. Take a walk, what did you think about?
339. What must I do tomorrow?
340. What’s making you mad today?
341. Write a letter to your future daughter about growing up.
342. List of 10 girl’s names.
343. Write down something no one knows about you.
344. Give yourself a pep talk?
345. When I was a child I didn’t realise that…
346. Your starsign.
347. List of your firsts.
348. What would you tell your future self to stay more positive?
349. Book Review
350. Words that mean something to you.
351. List of things you look forward to.
352. Was today a good day?
353. Something that helped to shape your outlook to life?
354. Write a description of a winter’s scene.
355. Your Christmas shopping list?
356. Events to remember this year…
357. What did Christmas mean to you as a child?
358. What does Christmas mean to you now?
359. How was your Christmas?
360. What’s great about today?
361. Would you change anything about this year?
362. What are you proud of achieving this year?
363. What I learnt this year…
364. Words to describe 2014.
365. What are your resolutions for the upcoming year?
Andy Dwyer getting mistaken for that guy from Jurassic world
H E R E F O R I T
Will 100% sit and give facts about dinosaurs and motorcycles that he is just pulling out of his ass
Sometimes when April gets bored and they’re in public she’ll just yell ISNT THAT THE DINOSAUR GUY??????
It’s her fault that some people speculate that Jurassic World guy had romantic relations with a velociraptor
Andy for some reason can never 100% remember his name? but he tries. Variations include:
Draws a complete blank so fuck it his name is actually Burt Macklin
Or Kip Hackman
just straight up Andy Dwyer
Like Owen, he also sort of just scribbles like yolo i hope this passes i mean it should because hahah yes that is me, i am the jurassic world guy, always nice to meet a fan be sure to tune into my new show Johnny Karate’s Super Awesome Musical Explosion Show
You can’t fly with “Praxian Wings” because they are actually doorwings.
The phrase “Flying with Praxian wings” roughly translates to something both absurd and impossible. If someone is “trying to fly with Praxian wings”, it means that they are going YOLO and about to do something very stupid (i.e. drinking a cylinder full of industrial-grade energon, bungy-jumping into a smelting pit)
People often compare yolo and carpe diem, but I think they actually convey different messages.
Carpe diem, in the context of Horace’s ode, comes from a place of caution: you shouldn’t build up elaborate hopes for the future, since you may be fated to die any day. Therefore, it’s most sensible to live each day to the fullest in the present (which, to Horace, is pretty much relaxing and drinking wine by a nice stream under the shade of an arbutus tree).
Yolo, on the contrary, encourages risk-taking: “you only live once,” so you should take advantage of opportunities, do impractical things, or act recklessly, because otherwise the moment might pass you by forever.
I think the two are conflated so often because of the most common English translation of carpe diem, “seize the day.” “Seize the day” sounds a lot like yolo, implying that one should take advantage of the day’s opportunities with decisive action. The Latin phrase carpe diem, though, literally means “pluck the day” (as in picking fruit or flowers), and is part of a series of agricultural motifs in Horace’s ode–it means something more like “enjoy the fruits of the day.”
“Okay, so, now that you’re my boyfriend,” Lance is sure to emphasize the word, smirking as he says it, since he knows how much Keith gets flustered when he does, “We need to buy you some new clothes.”
A tiny pout settles on Keith’s cheeks, arms crossed as he stares down to see what he currently has on, “What’s wrong with my clothes?”
Lance raises an eyebrow, glancing over Keith’s outfit. “Babe, I love you, but fingerless gloves have never been in style. And yeah, you can totally pull of a cropped leather jacket,” Lance assures Keith, “Doesn’t mean you should.”
Keith huffs, arms thrown in the air as he mutters a quiet “I guess.”
Lance nods, grinning as he reaches for his boyfriend’s hand, “It’s not you, babe, it’s the clothes.”
Keith snorts, rolling his eyes, “Says the one in the neon snapback.”
Lance lifts a hand to the blue hat defensively, sticking out his tongue, “I’m extremely stylish.”
Keith chuckles, playing with the fabric of Lance’s tank top, “And this? YOLO? What, are you five?”
Lance laughs, “I would be mad but I’m actually just proud you know what YOLO means.”
Keith flicks Lance in the forehead gently, “I’m not that stupid.”
“You didn’t know who dat boi was.”
“I don’t understand? Who is he??” Keith sighs, frowning.
Lance snorts, bringing up a hand to pinch Keith’s nose, “You’re lucky you’re cute.”
Keith huffs, “I don’t understand you,” but Lance is still pinching Keith’s nose, so his voice comes out nasally and Lance laughs.
“But you still love me,” Lance coos, grinning.
Keith sighs, rolling his eyes but smiling, “Yeah, somehow.”
“I love you, too, mullet.” Lance hums, planting a kiss on Keith’s forehead.
Keith grumbles incoherently before shoving his face into Lance’s chest. Lance chuckles, bringing up his arms and wrapping them around his boyfriend.
“But, for real, new clothes.”
“Don’t ruin the bonding moment.” Keith mumbles into Lance’s shirt.
Lance laughs, nuzzling his nose into Keith’s hair, “Okay.”
TIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN (and other high schoolers!)
(first year, first grader, 大一, 신입생, 新入生, étudiant de première année…)
these tips may be slightly sarcastic and what you did not expect but it’s the truth!
its only the beginning
DO YOUR HOMEWORK. DON’T PROCRASTINATE. PLEASE.
if your school has a block schedule (every other period, for ex: per. 1/3/5/7 on monday and per. 2/4/6 on tuesday), do your homework the day it’s assigned!
when you come home, whether after practice or just straight from class, don’t sleep (hahaha says the person who sleeps right after), have a snack, relax for 15-30 minutes then do homework. then, you can do whatever you want after :)
actually write in your planner what your homework is unless your teacher posts it online…but still write it down in case of technical difficulties
if your school has “tutorial” (a time where you can ask your teachers for help, etc.), go to tutorial and ask for help … or eat your lunch
drink h2o. very important.
eat breakfast. it’ll get you going through the day if you skip lunch for some reason.
get enough sleep, if it’s 9 pm and you are done with everything, dont stay on your phone for the next 3 hours like me! SLEEP.
start studying for tests/quizzes at least 3 days before but worst case scenario cram the night before lol sorry can’t help you out on that one but yes study as soon as you know there’s a test or quiz coming up
don’t plagiarize! if your teachers use turnitin.com, its very good at finding out your little internet discoveries, at the very most paraphrase
join clubsssssssss! if you go with your friends it’s even more fun! freshman year is great for going to a gazillion clubs even if my sophomore year you only end up going to like 2
finals week: start reviewing your notes a week or two before, but tbh if you do better when you cram then cram! everyone has different study habits and honestly if you’re a crammer, simply review your notes briefly a week before but the day before the final, start hardcore cramming right after school
when it’s the end of the school year, please don’t do homework the period before ..it’ll only stress you out
make study guides. make flashcards. make quizlets. make a study tool you’ll learn from. share with your friends, don’t be mean :) JK haha share with the people you trust and won’t share with the whole school
if you’re in the u.s., don’t start sat prep freshman year lmao…freshman year is a year to have fun not sit in a prep class for 4.5 hours every week!
by having fun i do not mean yolo-ing your grades, still attempt to reach dem high grades
make friends! old ,new ,recyclable reusable (haha jk)…introduce yourself to new people or just make friends through friends if you’re shy
go to school dances and school football games!
don’t be scared of upperclassmen we don’t bite :) (unless it’s right before a test)
DO. NOT. CHEAT. middle school may be lenient but high school is not.
don’t skip classes when there’s a test because you did not study for the said test because instead of taking the test right then and there, you now have to spend time trying to figure out when you can take the test
date if you want to but make sure it doesnt take over your studying/school
don’t forget to spend time with your family because they are numba 1!
for anyone with long hair that gets in the way: tie up your damn hair when you take a quiz/test/final
ask questions and don’t be like the deathly silent corner-sitting person i am right now in english
do extra credit that the teachers give you because that may not happen in the later sad (jk…i think) years of high school
bring your teachers kleenex, expo markers, etc., because who knows you might get a homework pass or sumthing ;)
high five people if they try to high five you even if theyre strangers (lmao based on personal experience which i failed)
don’t pull an all-nighter/half all nighter where it consists of you starting and finishing a project due the next day, or you’re just on your phone 24/7
please don’t do drugs in the back of the school
don’t compare yourself to other people :)
talk to your counselor / ta (homeroom) teacher!
don’t try to force yourself to be friends with popular people, just stay comfortable with the friend group you already have :)
if spending 30 minutes on makeup makes you feel good, do it and own it
when people cuss and you don’t cuss don’t look scandalized it’s kind of the norm (oops)
if you make a mistake/get a bad grade, don’t beat yourself over it. just move on. like after breakups.
don’t gossip about other people because they’re going to somehow find out and ignore you for a long time
if you’re dressing like a bum by the second month of school, don’t worry life is life
volunteer! with friends! by yourself! try to volunteer someplace where it’s every week and not just random places
do not cry over a low a because the student next to you that got a low b may feel like smacking you
don’t complain about one test and sleeping at 11 pm to an upperclassmen because… just don’t
bring a phone charger it’ll save you if you’re staying at school till 9pm that day for tech or something
don’t ditch class you ain’t a senior just yet
last of all: BE HAPPY
what a huge masterpost! but i hope it helps! freshman year was the best year of my life compared to sophomore year and now and i really wish that i followed the advice that i just gave!
(sorry this is kind of late and this is based on the experiences of my friends and moi)
“The way I see things, the way I see life, I see it as a struggle. And there’s a great deal of reward I have gained coming to that understanding – that existence is a struggle.” (Happy 76th birthday Harvey Keitel- May 13th 1939)