Favorite highlights of live action Beauty and the Beast
• They stuck to the beginning of the original story where Belle asks for a rose and her father gets lost and finds a fire and food in the castle.
• “Mama said not to move because it might be scary. Sorry.”
• Belle called the castle home.
• LEFOU! Everything about him was great. He got character development, he had some fantastic lines, his low key flirting with Gaston, his singing!!! I love my boy.
• Lumiere dabbed. Twice.
• It was beautiful. Oh my god the castle made me absolutely melt and Be Our Guest was breathtaking in live action.
• Lefou booping Gaston on the nose.
• How during the song Adam sings he’s climbing higher and higher so he can still see Belle.
• When Adam found out Belle liked Romeo and Juliet he was like “ew no not that book here have my entire library so you can read something better that that filth”.
• I really like how Gaston in the beginning wasn’t that bad, but as the movie went on he got darker and darker.
• Gaston lifTING LEFOU UP ON ONE ARM
• We finally got an explanation as to why no one remembers the castle and the prince and why the servants were cursed too.
• The guy who can’t remember what he lost in the beginning is Mr. Potts and the minute Mrs. Potts called his name I was shaking my friend next to me because oh my god he “lost” his wife and child.
• ADAM. I’ve loved Adam since forever and he’s still so great in this version AND HIS SONG ABOUT BELLE WAS SO SPECTACULAR I COULD FEEL HIS EMOTIONS.
• Cogsworth & Lumiere are still an old married couple and I love it I love them.
• I know he only had a few lines in Be Our Guest, but Cogsworth’s singing voice was amazing
• Adam’s eye makeup in the beginning that made it look like he was wearing a mask if he stood in the light just so.
• I HAVE BEEN GUSHING ABOUT THE NEW LUMIERE DISIGN SINCE THE FIRST TRAILER CAME OUT AND TO FINALLY, FINALLY SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN WAS SO SATISFYING THE LITTLE DETAILS HE HAS LIKE HIS PONYTAIL AND THE FACT THAT HIS COAT MOVES WHEN HE DOES WERE SOOOO GOOD I KNOW I’VE SAID THIS A THOUSAND TIMES BUT I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS NEW LUMIERE.
• Lefou has a bite mark from Gaston on his lower stomach and when my friend and I saw it we practically screamed because how exactly do you get a bite mark in that spot if you’re not doing some kinky bedroom stuff.
• The line “there’s a beast on the loose there’s no question, but I fear the wrong monsters released” had me so shook put that on my gravestone I fucking love it.
• It’s sweet and cute and beautiful, but when it gets dark it gets DARK, like, goddamn.
• I loved the detail of whenever a petal falls the castle crumbles further and the servants become more like the objects they are.
• Adam’s beast growl at the end when he’s a human again that, tbh, was really hot.
• The guy who, instead of freaking out when he was put in a dress and makeup, grinned and walked away with his hips swishing and totally owned it.
• That same guy and Lefou dancing together ohhh my god I think I started crying they’re so fucking cute Lefou and his cross dressing boyfriend 5ever.
Donation match: You donate your blood and I'll donate my money to Bloodwise
For every person who donates blood between now and the end of 2016, I’ll donate £5 to Bloodwise.
Just submit a picture of your post-donation bandaged arm (or a picture of you at the donation centre, if you want!) to my inbox, I’ll keep a tally and on the 31st of December I’ll make a donation matching the number of people involved.
This offer is open for up to 40 people, to a total value of £200. Please share and get involved!
My ship went down in a sea of sound, when I woke up alone I had everything.
LET ME TELL YOU A THING. Alex Gaskarth is one of the strongest humans that I know of. I know, a lot of people suffer from social anxiety, but not everyone has the courage or desire to do what he does. He doesn’t let his mental illness stop him from doing what he loves, with three of his favorite people, every day.
I have heard probably every single version of this song, (partially because I’m ATL trash, partially because I love its message and its helped me so so so so much) and this version is my absolute favorite. That’s because he almost sounds sadder than the other versions. Like, he knows that this is a problem for him, and he thinks he has it until under control until he gets in front of everyone and his lungs start to falter again. The way he sings /i’m flesh and bone, i’m a rolling fucking stone/ kills me in every version, but this one specifically because he recognizes that hes just human, and he cannot help feeling this way, and even though he can’t change it, he knows how to live with it.
Another thing, over and over again he says sing. It’s almost like hes afraid they won’t if he doesn’t ask over and over again, which again plays on his social anxiety.
Therapy, you were never a friend to me. You can choke on your misery.
(IM SORRY I JUST LOVE HIM AND THIS SONG SO MUCH. IT HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART, AND IF YOU DONT THINK THIS IS ANYWHERE TRUE, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BECAUSE I WANNA KNOW!! :))
What she means:
2016. 2000 AND FUCKING 16. 2015 was like THE BEST YEAR in pop punk since 2005. All the up and coming bands released new music and a couple older ones like All Time Low and Mayday Parade joined in too and I didn't think any year could be better. BUT OH HOW I WAS WRONG because EVERY BAND FROM 2000 IS RELEASING NEW MUSIC IN 2016. NEW BLINK. NEW RELIENT K. NEW SUM 41. NEW ALL AMERICAN REJECTS. NEW GOOD CHARLOTTE. NEW STARTING LINE. NEW SIMPLE PLAN. AND THATS JUST WHATS ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED. HOW COULD I POSSIBLY BE FINE RIGHT NOW IM ABOUT TO EXPLODE IM SO EXCITED
BERENA as the SURPRISE meme, because this was just begging to be done. Eternal thanks to @thepurrbutton who agreed to collaborate with me on this and make all these glorious gifs (translation she did all the work). Please do not repost anywhere - reblogs only. Enjoy!