- So like first let me say: The kids were FANTASTIC. Best performances of their lives!!!!
- everything that could have possibly gone wrong went the fuck wrong
- A DISASTER
- You know in horror movies were like one person gets infected or some shit but you think everything is fine until suddenly everyone is dying? Literally.
- May I remind you that mics have been perfectly fine all week,
- Opening number, Vanessa is doing her little bit and there’s just a tiny. Glitch.
- Like her mic dropped for half a second. It was hardly noticible. Tom and I literally double checked like “you heard that right?” But it was completely fine so we were like “It’s probably nothing”
- WELL GUESS THE FUCK WHAT
- IT SPREAD LIKE A PLAGUE. IT STARTED SLOW BUT IT SOON CONSUMED THE ENTIRE CAST. THE MICS WOULD GLITCH OUT LIKE EVERY FIVE GOD DAMN SECONDS. JUST IN AND OUT AND IN AND OUT IT WAS T E R R I F Y I N G
- I’m fucking. Borderline screaming. Tom looks like he’s going to punch something and is running around checking for what the problem was. THERE WAS NO VISIBLE PROBLEM. THIS SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN HAPPENING.
- And then it just???? Fucking stopped on it’s own???? What the FUCK. Sometime right before 96,000 it all just went back to normal holy shit
- BUT THEN THE MUSIC WAS LIKE “Is it chill if we just…stop working at random intervals? Gucci.” SO SOMETIMES WE’D HAVE FULL ORCHESTRA AND OTHER TIMES IT WOULD JUST DROP TO ONLY KEYBOARD
- AND something was up with the fucking keyboard’s speaker??? Because of course.
- Guys seriously we literally STILL DON’T KNOW what happened! At intermission Tom and I were just dying and finally he’s like “I don’t care anymore I’m just gonna see what the hell is wrong with the keyboard” and returned 3 minutes later, still no answers, and was like “You know what? ‘Blackout’ sounded fucking amazing and that’s what matters to me” like we honestly just quit oh my God
- However the kids really powered through all the issues and didn’t let it trip them up so that was good
- Meanwhile, though, the audience was FUCKING HILARIOUS I LOVED THEM
- I’m…fully convinced half this audience had never been to a musical before in their entire lives, and even if they had they had never seen or listened to In The Heights so their reactions were great.
- Lot of gasping holy shit it was so funny. “I got more hoes than a phone book in Tokyo” *GASP* “What do I do with this winning ticket?” *G A S P*
- The opening of act 2 when Benny and Nina are on the fire escape and clearly had sex the night before? G A S P
- Guys it was so funny. And they were clearly loving the music and laughing at all the jokes- every scene got deafening applause omfg
- They were all clearly very much sucked into the story so that was just so fun to see
- They tried to cornrow Benny’s hair
- That was quit half way through thank God omfg
- Also mildly off topic but when I was getting his mic on him he hadn’t done his bun yet and that boy has a fantastic head of hair holy shit
- “OH MY GOD THAT HAT CANNOT HAPPEN YOU LOOK LIKE THE PERSON FROM THE LORAX”
- There was a moment before they opened the doors and the entire theater was quiet but suddenly all (like…8 or 9) boys could be heard singing “Baby” by Justin Bieber at the top of their lungs in their dressing room. No explanation as to why
- They announced that the fall show was Pippin and Steven got a fucking baseball bat and starting balancing it on his fingers yelling “JUST IN TIME” (he had apparently ‘just discovered’ this talent on Sunday and has been talking about it like non-stop since)
- The girl playing Graffiti Pete had a bunch of school friends come to the show. They all shrieked every time she opened her mouth holy shit
- Before the show the director was giving notes and she said something like “This is right after Claudia’s death-” and half the cast was like “Tag you’re fucking spoilers” omfg
- And then when mic checks were happening Steven sang “atencion” and Tom cut him off yelling “SPOILERS, SPOILERS” instead of “good” lmao
- Okay so like…is there a little kids show character that I resemble or something????
- There were a lot of kids in the audience (probably like actor’s siblings or something) and like…during intermission an alarming amount of them were staring or waving at me with shy smiles or pointing me out to their parents who seemed to know what they were thinking and I was just like….Who do you think I am?????? Oh my God
- No one actually tried to talk to me but a few looked like they wanted to??? A few even got some of that gentle parental shove thing??? What is happening I’m so confused over this????
- Oh my God you know how in Boy Meets World, Rider Strong hated his fucking hair and as a result we were blessed with Shawn constantly aggressively raking his hair back with his hands???? There was a boy sitting directly in front of me who did that literally the entire show to the point where I was like….You need to stop I gotta see what’s happening on stage omfg
- Also lol I guess he was there for his ensemble sisters™ or something bc he cheered for everyone who came out for bows except he booed for one specific group of girls lol
- I was on my phone before the show and the directors husband made Tom get my attention just so he could silently give me a thumbs up before walking away so we were laughing at that
- He did give me free skittles at intermission tho which was rad (he tried to give me like the entire table for free lmao)
- The choreographer was working the spotlight (which she admitted she was confused by) and she was super tired and lowkey joked about falling asleep and falling over on the job before the show started but somewhere during act 2 I fucking saw the sliding spotlight and panicked lmao
- Her and Drew were bonding over being bad at spotlight and everyone in the back area said “you guys are better than Jimmy” in perfect unison lmao
- Usnavi was borderline sobbing by his last line in the finale omg
- We couldn’t fucking get a sound effect for the fireworks so for the final part of ‘blackout’ when you’re supposed to hear them the pianist deadass just whistled the noise omfg
- Nina and Abuela Claudia were the fan favorites, as I predicted
- Benny was a little off his game but I still support him
- Lowkey there’s a couple guys in this show who have never done any shows before and I’m not sure if he’s one of them??? He seems like he is so I think he was probably just nervous or something
- Everyone was sneezing and coughing bc why not
- Before the show the Piragua Guy was berating himself as per usual and the only cheer-me-up anyone could think to give him was “It sounds great! It’s just like, the words that you’re having trouble with!” lmao but he KILLED IT I was v proud the audience loved him
- Like 20 minutes before we let people in we had the directors daughter, in heels, on a fucking ladder painting over parts of the shop signs bc we realized that even though they had professional looking signs made they all had Philadelphia area codes on them lmao
- Oh God. So remember the not-screwed-in door I was complaining about???
- Well. They screwed it in. Backwards.
- And it makes an obnoxious noise when it opens and closes, and also doesn’t close all the way l m a o
- The programs all went missing lmao
- I found one box hidden away thank God but??? Apparently there’s supposed to be more. So we might just run out of programs during the second show
- LMAO DURING HER OPENING SPEECH THE DIRECTOR DEADASS PRONOUNCED LIN MANUEL MIRANDA’S NAME WRONG COULD YOU GET ANY MORE #ICONIC™
- Tom fist pumped multiple times in pride and excitement when the show finally ended lmao
- THE GOT THE GRATE WITH ABUELA CLAUDIA’S FACE ON IT HOOKED UP (another audience gasp moment) AND HONESTLY???? I TEARED UP
- Lmao I’m pretty sure Tom was also lowkey crying at the end I didn’t say anything tho
- There’s more but it’s almost 2 in the morning lmao so anyway!!! Hopefully tomorrow runs a little more smoothly!!! And hopefully we get another great audience!! Overall it was great so I’m all pumped
I hear the front door shut, and a couple things knocked over, I know
Tyler is home from out with Mike. It’s been a routine lately. Him
saying he’ll be home at a decent hour, and then not coming home until
3 and 4 in the morning. The first few times, I would stay awake to
make sure he got home alive – not in the ditch somewhere dead.
Eventually, after it happened more times than I could count, I’d go
to sleep and wake up the next morning to breakfast he made as an
was different though.
was getting ready for bed, and checked twitter to find that he had
posted all these pictures with some girl he must have met at the bar.
He didn’t kiss her in any of the pictures but he didn’t look
uncomfortable in the pictures either.
here I am, not able to sleep because I can’t get the pictures out of
my head. He’s such an idiot.
I hear him come up the stairs and into the room, I resist the urge to
shut the door.
he says, slurring a little bit.
watch as he stumbles in to the room and strips down to his boxers
before somehow making it to the bed where he flops down, not even
bothering to get under the covers.
don’t bother to answer him because I know that within seconds, he’ll
be out like a light.
not surprised to wake up to an empty bed, nor am I surprised to smell
bacon and eggs coming from the kitchen. I take my time walking
downstairs, and when I come to the kitchen, I stop in the doorway. Ty
looks fine, freshly showered, humming along to the radio. He looks up
from the eggs he is cooking and smiles.
don’t reply, and he frowns.
sorry I was late last night. I-”
track of time?” I ask, finishing his excuse. The exact same one he
uses every single
start walking towards the door, and his voice stops me.
– where are you going?” He asks, running over and tugging me
back by my hand. When I turn around he’s frowning even more like he
doesn’t have a damn clue why I’m angry.
can’t do this anymore Tyler. I’m so sick of expecting you home every
night and then being left disappointed all the time.” I say.
said I am sorry! I can’t help that I lost track of time.”
all I hear!” I yell. “I’m
it won’t happen
Excuses Tyler, all I get are excuses.”
eyes cloud with fury and he takes a step back. “I’m doing my best
okay? What do you want – for me not go out at all? Stay home every
night and what – hang out and watch movies?”
eyes fill with tears and I take a few steps back, putting some
distance between us. “Who was the girl?”
passes over his face. “What?”
girl. Who’s the girl in the pictures you put up on twitter?”
face pales slightly, and he takes his phone out of his pocket. I
watch as his brows furrow together before he looks up at me.
was just a fan, she asked for a picture and I said yes.”
cross my arms over my chest. “That’s all huh?”
– yeah. That’s all.” He says in a snobby tone.
why don’t you give her a call and ask her to come eat the breakfast
you cooked.” I say and turn around again to leave.
don’t you believe me?” He asks, obviously getting frustrated..
I can’t!” I yell, turning around to glare at him. “How can I
believe you when you’re out all night, and I have no idea what you’re
don’t trust me.” He says, and it’s not a question – it’s a
didn’t say that.”
didn’t need to.”
don’t say anything. We both stand there, daggers shooting out of our
eyes. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t understand how he can
be so careless, and inconsiderate of my feelings.
hate you right now.” I say, “but I also love you so I guess that
means I’m screwed huh?”
frowns and looks away. “I’m sorry.”
said that already.”
I’ll say it a million times if that’s what it takes for you to
forgive me.” He says, looking back at me and I see his eyes looking
don’t want apologizes. I want you to stop promising you’ll be home if
nods, and he slowly walks over so he’s standing in front of me. “I
can try harder. I’ll try to be more considerate of your feelings if
you’ll give me a second chance.”
I say and a heartwarming smile comes on to Ty’s face. He wraps his
arms around me and pulls me close, pressing a kiss to my forehead.
and Ty?” I say and he makes a hum noise in the back of his throat.
bacon is burning.”
oh look it’s tsegs again
i feel like this one is a little better than the last one and obviously a bit longer but omg guys I don’t know what it is lately but I can’t write. Like I know how I want the imagines to go but I just can’t get my thoughts on paper if that makes sense
writers block people - i get it all the time
however I am dying with the flu so if I end up staying home from school tomorrow, I will maybe write when I wake up if i am not miserable
(I’m so tired omg I shouldn’t be allowed to write when I’m supposed to be in bed.)
Dan: You gave a loud sigh to no one in particular. You had been trying for the last 30 minutes to get your baby to eat something, anything, but she wouldn’t budge.
“Okay kid, what do you want from me?” You looked at her.
She squealed and made a gurgling noise in response.
“What about..” You tapped the table. “What about some carrots? Yeah, you like carrots don’t you?” You brought your baby voice back as you ran into the kitchen.
After quickly preparing one of the fancy organic baby foods that Dan insisted on buying, you stuck the tiny plastic spoon into the bowl and started towards her mouth. However, she knocked the spoon out of your hand.
“Daniel!” You called exasperatedly.
“Yes ma'am?” He strolled into the lounge.
“Your daughter is being a pill. Please show her how yummy the carrots are.” You instructed with a hint of absolute rage in your voice.
“Hey sweets. Look how yummy in the tummy it is!” He took the spoon (thankfully without question) and put it into his mouth. “Oh, jeez, that’s disgusting!” He spit it out.
“You bought it!” You couldn’t help but laugh.
Your daughter giggled and banged her fists on the table. “Nananana!” She declared.
You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. “Okay. I’ll get you some nana. It’s not like I tried that earlier.”
“Don’t listen to mommy, she’s a mean old grump.” He whispered.
“I heard that!” You called from the kitchen.
Phil: He had offered to watch your daughter for a little while so you could get things done. You used that “get things done” time to take a nap.
Your nap was lovely and long. You weren’t woken up by any loud crashes or crying, which seemed like a good sign.
You began walking down the hallway when you heard music playing.
“You’re a much better dancer than daddy, you know!” Phil told your daughter, who was on his feet as they danced around to some Fall Out Boy.
“Better than mommy too!” She replied matter-of-factly.
You smiled and moved closer so you could see them through the crack of the door.
“I’m not sure how mommy would feel about that, but I definitely agree.” He laughed.
“Mommy disagrees!” You busted into the room and picked up your daughter, tickling her lightly.
She giggled loudly. “Stop, stop!”
“Not til you take it back! I’ll lock you up in the dungeon!” You said in an evil voice.
“I’ll save you princess!” Phil said heroically. He stepped over to you and grabbed your daughter, spinning her around.
“Never!” You closed in on them, ticking her and pressing kissing all over her arms and tummy.
“We must slay the evil momster! Quick princess, use your magic!” Phil pulled back.
Your daughter made some ‘magic’ noises and pushed her hands out to you. “You’re dead! We won!” She exclaimed.
You fell to the ground dramatically. “I… I’ve been… Defeated…” You flopped your head to the side and stuck your tongue out.
Ok so…last week I made some vague murmuring noises about
how excited I am for the Hannibal season (series? :c) finale because, despite
everything we’ve seen so far and in some ways because of it, I can finally see the light at the end of the
tunnel, and it is so much more hopeful than
I ever thought it would be after Mizumono. So naturally one of my nonnies asked
me to spill the details and share with you all my great Hannibal Endgame
*Cue nervous sweating*
Graham soaking through his T-shirts and bedsheets sweating*
Here’s the honest truth, nonnie—when you asked me that last
week, it really took me aback. Because I hadn’t realized until that moment that
anybody was actually listening to my
vague happy murmuring noises. And omg, now that person was asking me to translate
those noises into actual words?
In a word, nonnie, I was fucked.
Because right at that moment, I didn’t have actual words for it just yet.
Just a vague, overwhelming, cathartic sense of, ‘Ah yes, this show. This wonderful ship we
call hannigram, so full of light and hope and love.’ Even in its darkest,
most horrific, most tragic moments, I was watching one of the most beautiful
love stories I had ever witnessed on screen and it was breathtaking.
I had a huge, stupid grin on my face during everything
leading up to (and yes, even including) the head-cutting-open scene in Dolce,
ecstatic and full of delight.
I held my hand over my mouth during the ‘breakup’ scene in
Digestivo. While many hearts, I’m told, were breaking while watching that
scene, mine flew.
Finally, I thought
to myself. We’re getting somewhere.
They’re finally communicating. They’re finally being honest
and direct with each other.
Ok, so there are setbacks. Namely, Will trying to throw up
all those barriers again that Hannibal tore down before, trying to keep their lines from blurring again.
We all know that’s not going to hold for long. We can
already see the cracks forming in the walls. “You are family, Will.” We are nakama.
Of course, as has been mentioned before, the first half of
this season was about Hannibal attaining the perfect life that he should have
always wanted, only to find that it’s empty without Will. It only makes
logical, poetic sense that the second half should be the same for Will—gradually
realizing that the life he built for himself with Molly and Walter is not the
one he wants either. (Am I happy with Will for dragging this lovely woman and
her son into his mess of a life, and under essentially false pretenses no less?
No. I am not. That’s a whole ’nother conversation, however, and not really
relevant to the topic at hand. Will and Hannibal are pretty much bad news for
anyone except each other, period, that’s just the way it is.)
So short answer, my theory is this: Hannigram is the endgame here. Everything is building up to Will
and Hannibal both finally, fully comprehending what they really mean when they
say, “We’re alone without each other.”
Long answer…hoo boy, settle in, kiddies, I’ve got two for
THEORY A) WILL AND
HANNIBAL RUN OFF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER, LINES BLURRED AF
I’ve been hearing a
lot of noises in the fandom since Fuller announced that in the finale he
wanted to explore something that had been mentioned in the books but never
covered in the movies. Namely a lot of people shouting, “WILL AND HANNIBAL ARE
GOING TO ARGENTINA LIKE HANNIBAL AND CLARICE DID!”
Well, yes. That is a fair and valid theory. However, let me
unpack it a little more by pointing out something that doesn’t get mentioned as
much when people bring this up.
Clarice was drugged. Clarice was abducted and conditioned
into being with Hannibal, so she could be his new “Mischa.” (There’s debate on
how effective his “brainwashing” of her really was that I won’t get into here
since I have not read that particular book in the series yet, and thus cannot
weigh in an opinion.) I only point this out because: Do you really think it could so simple as them just ‘running off
together,’ guys? Do you really?
I think if this is the ending Fuller is going for, we are
definitely going to see the brainwashing moments happen here. My theory though
is that it will either be:
reconditioning Hannibal in some way,
breaking him down to the core of who he is, unpacking all of his childhood
traumas and making him confront them on the long, arduous journey to being the
man they both know he can be in order to be with Will. Lord knows it would be a
hell of a change from Hannibal being the one who tries to transform Will, and
Fuller did tell us he intends to take their relationship into wholly new
unexplored territory if they can make s4 happen. The key to this idea is that
Hannibal would have to be consenting in order for it to work, OR
The exact same as the above, only Will and
Hannibal do this to each other.
When you think about it, it makes sense, right? This show
has been harping on and on about the themes of transformation, self-identity,
soulmates and splendid love. Their biggest hurdle is the fact that they’re both
littered with so many scars it almost seems impossible for them to ever find
real happiness in each other. They’ve got to unshatter that teacup somehow
together, and it’s not like one of them is going to time travel to turn back
the clock and fix everything, right?
MOTHERFUCKING TIME TRAVEL AU, CANON AF
I wanted to pretend at first that this theory was just
crack, just a big old joke to troll you all, I really did. But…well, nonnie,
this is your fault.
See, it was just a joke in my head, at first. When I saw those tweets Fuller and company made about the
equations in Hannibal’s notebook and thought to myself, ‘Aw, you scamps!’
And then nonnie pointed out to me that there have apparently
been ‘clues’ throughout the earlier episodes of season 3 that are supposed to
hint at the finale. And I laid my head down on my pillow that night, letting
that thought run my head a few more times, thinking to myself, I wonder what the clues might be? And
that night when I dreamed, the things I dreamt about were this:
The teacup shattering and reforming again,
usually as Will’s face (that’s been happening a lot more this season than ever
before, we’ve all noticed this, yes?)
Alternate realities and universes discussed at
“The optimist believes this is the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true.”
The goddamn equations in that goddamn notebook
The weird trippy “flashbacks”/time jumps that
keep happening throughout the season
“Shall we talk about teacups and the distortions
The constant, painful returns to Mizumono
THE RETURN OF THE MOTHERFUCKING TICKING CLOCK
Me, upon further reflection: weLL FUCK
Nononono, my brain
says, you’re being ridiculous. This is
too absurd. This can’t possibly be what happens.
Me: *remembers Bryan Fuller saying once many, many ages ago
that he sees all of his shows taking place in the same universe*
Me: *remembers Fuller makes shows about people talking to
inanimate objects, grim reapers going around and ferrying the souls of the
dead, pie-makers bringing the dead back to life*
Me: *sweats nervously*
Me: It’s gonna be fucking time travel, isn’t it?
Just imagine it though—imagine Will (because something in my
heart tells me it’s going to be Will, or Will and Hannibal together, but not
Hannibal alone) jumping back through the streams of time and rewriting history
as A REAL LIFE HONEST-TO-GOD MIZUMONO FIX-IT.
OR FUCKING FURTHER BACK.
IMAGINE HIM GOING BACK TO HANNIBAL’S CHILDHOOD AND SAVING
HANNIBAL AND MISCHA.
And then suddenly flash “forward” again. Will is in Jack
Crawford’s office. He blinks, looks around in vague confusion. Maybe he
remembers what just happened. Maybe it all slowly fades away from his mind as
the new reality asserts itself. What was he doing in here again? Ah yes, taking
a sip of shitty FBI coffee, trying real hard not to look at the pictures on the
corkboard beside him of sad dead girls with their wind-chafed, Mall of America
The door opens. A man he has never seen before enters. Will
has a strange mental image of the man with ridiculously slicked back hair and
immaculate suits, and while the man before him does look pretty rich and well
put-together he also seems more…approachable somehow than Will was expecting.
Will isn’t sure why he was expecting anything really. He’s never met this guy
Their eyes meet, and a flicker of something passes between both of them, a strange feeling of warmth
and recognition. Hello, their eyes
both say to each other. I don’t know you
yet, but I think I’d like to.
“Will, this is Dr. Hannibal Lecter. He’ll be going over the
profile with us. Dr. Lecter, this is Will Graham.”