Can I see Amun's organs or is that private for mummies? Is his brain also out? Do they beat, breathe and such still? Don't be scared Amun I'm a doctor I promise
all amun’s organs live in their respective canopic jars doing their respective jobs, yes! it’s probably not a great idea to look any closer at them!
they were reanimated at the same time he was (since technically they’re still part of him), and they react to whatever amun’s doing at a distance. due to being organless and filled with embalming herbs amun can’t swallow anything (not without gross results, anyway), but he can drop food into his stomach’s canopic jar and have approximately the same experience. he likes flavoured chewing gum a lot.
should he ever be restored to proper life (which just possibly maybe will be a plot point in the future), these organs will become defunct and he’ll grow new ones. better to develop a fresh set from the inside out than handle the horror of trying to reconnect all the old parts.
Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy/Mission Impossible crossover: Shaun, Nicholas, Gary, and Benji meet up for drinks and end up comparing their Nick Frosts boyfriends (the yellow triangle at the corner of the GIFs to help you know where they begin).
- jk sometimes bursts into jimins room holding up a magazine or his laptop and points to a couple doing something cute or frankly physically impossible on screen and dead srsly tells him, “hyung, lets try this”
- the first time jk called jimin without honorifics had been an accident, bc he just felt that comfortable with jimin. the blush that rose on jimins cheeks made him want to do it again
- jk often marvels at how much jimin lets him get away with.. how jimin just takes it when jk manhandles him, goes limp and pliant, and he realizes that he rly rly likes it, and makes it his mission to push jimins limit, test his patience with him only to step back when it gets too far. (he never gets too far)
- when jk had growled “where do you think you’re running off to?” to jimin under his breath that day, jimin had laughed it off, but all the same wondered if he could hear it again in another context
- they dont tell each other ‘i love you’ with words, only signals and codes that no one but them would understand. sometimes the others catch jk doing the most bizarre of things, the hidden i love yous manifesting in body gags and inopportune mimicking. they never ask, bc the way jimin laughs and looks on with utmost adoration is answer enough
- one time, when jimin was nagging at jk about something, jk had, in a bout of frustration, snapped “you’re not my mom,” only to falter in his annoyance when hes met with jimins crestfallen expression. “that’s not what i meant- hyung, i… it’s not that. just, i’m not a kid anymore. you don’t have to do that.” jimin had pursed his lips, nodded sullenly before walking off, and, wanting nothing more than for that look to be wiped away, jk had lunged forward, grabbing jimin around the waist to backhug him. jimin had been stiff, but he didn’t pull away. pressing his face in jimin’s hair, he’d muttered, “you don’t have to worry about me all the time. let me take care of you too.”
- somehow, at that moment, jimin’s heart had both broken and mended all at once.
- jk catches jimin staring at him one day, when hes all dressed and ready to go out, lacing up his shoes in the hallway, and straightens up in confusion. “i’ll be back by two. what’s up?” jimin just stares for a bit longer, brows scrunched up and jk longs to smooth it out with his finger. “when did you grow up without me noticing?” jimin mutters. before jk can utter a word, jimin just pats him fondly on the chest and bids him farewell. the question echoes in jk’s head for the rest of the night, along with the nostalgic tilt of jimin’s pout
- “jiminnie-hyung’s eyes are… really pretty,” jk says, mostly to himself, as he pastes the last sticky-note onto jimin’s eyelid. jimin’s everything is really pretty. that part, he decides to keep to himself
- jk is big spoon. jimin only fights it the first time, but resigns himself to his fate as jk drapes himself over his back that night, back when they’d been nothing but trainees living on other people’s dreams. jk feigns sleep, even throws in a snore for good measure, and jimin elbows him and settles in. it feels safe. these days, the beds are bigger but jimin still has cramped limbs in the morning, crushed beneath a jk who’s definitely gotten a lot heavier than he used to be, and no less demanding. somehow, this feels safer.
- “my baby’s graduating,” jimin coos, wiping a tear from his eye. hes only half-faking it. “hyung,” jk grumbles in exasperation, but when jimin asks for a peck, jk leans down and presses their lips together.
- “graduation present,” he clarifies, cheeks reddening.
- jimin grabs his face in both hands before leaning up and pulling him into a longer, more heated kiss. breathless, they draw apart. “that one was for me,” jimin grins. “for raising you on my back. i’ve worked hard.” jk groans but can’t fight off the smile stretching his lips.
john (proposing to the love of his life): you know… the last couple of years havent been that great… but you were the best thing that could’ve happened, i guess, because the actual best thing is impossible because he’s dead… :(
Jason, just like Alfred, his brothers, and his father just couldn’t get over it.
He just couldn’t move on with his life without his mother. Without the woman that always stood by him no matter what, even in the worst of moments.
He was so damn angry at himself that he wasn’t able to save you ! All of them were, the guilt eating them more and more every day…Even though they all knew things went too fast.
You weren’t the only one that died that day…Thousands lost their life in the almost total destruction of the neighborhood you were born in : The Narrows.
It was the poorest in Gotham, and you were helping out a charity there when the Batman failed big time, for the first time in his career.
Ha hadn’t been able to solve the Riddler’s riddle. And for the first time in his life, Edward Nigma was finally able to fulfill one of his evil plans..Which was the destruction of every single neighborhood of Gotham, one for each riddle the Dark Knight wouldn’t be able to solve.
And of course, the only one he didn’t find, was the one associated with the only place in Gotham you were in…You, and thousands of other people died. And it was all Batman’s fault. No matter that he was able to save the rest of the inhabitants, the blood of those people were on his hands…
Your blood was on his hands. And, just like Alfred and his sons, he just couldn’t get over your death. They all felt so guilty and angry at themselves that they couldn’t save you…you were always there for them, always by their side, having their back and…they let you down.
Of course they send you messages telling you to leave Gotham but..You wouldn’t. You stayed because you wanted to help people. According to witnesses, to people who were survivors of the blast, who barely escaped it…the last time they all so you, you were trying to get some kids to safety.
But no matter how guilty they felt, how devastated they were, it wouldn’t change anything. You were gone. Forever. And once again, Jason Todd found himself wandering the street of Gotham aimlessly, trying to run away from his dark thoughts, trying to grieve you, even though he knew it was actually impossible to ever move from you.
Staying at the Manor with his brothers and father was…unbearable.
Alfred kept cleaning the house over and over again, never taking a break, and worst of all…avoiding everything you touched last. Your half finished cup of tea in the library. The books you left open. Your dinner plate still in the sink. Some of your shoes thrown haphazardly in the living room. Your towels in the bathroom. Your jewelry on the kitchen counter, that you left there because you didn’t want to wear anything that’d make people from the Narrows feel uncomfortable around you. Your favorite blanket, still on the floor where you left it, as you realized you were going to be late to the charity event and napping in the couch was now over…Alfred cleaned everything, but avoided touching any of your stuffs. And it was unbearable.
Dick…Oh it was one of the worst. Jason was used to be the broody and overly-cynical one. Him and his father competed constantly about which one was the broodiest and Dick would just laugh at them and make silly jokes. Jason used to be like that too, making jokes and even able to make the Batman crack a smile…but ever since he came back to life, he lost that. He became darker and meaner. And Dick was kind of his solace, with his cheerful persona and positive attitude. The oldest Wayne boys always been everyone’s beacon of light in the darkest of moments. But your death…your death turned him into a zombie that spend his days looking out of a window, or staring at old pictures of you and him, stuck in memories of you, unable to see his own light…And it was unbearable.
The only person that could really convince Tim to sleep, to not drink too much coffee, to take care of himself and to socialize was you. A word from you and he’d realize that yes, this was too much and he needed to chill, to go see his friends, to relax…But without you ? Alfred tried, oh he really did try but…Tim wouldn’t listen. You really were the only one to convince him, and he would forever associate all the good things he experienced in life (time with his friends and family, relaxed moment in front of the TV, good nights of sleep etc etc…), with you. Without you ? He just couldn’t…And seeing his little brother destroy himself like so was unbearable to Jason.
Damian didn’t utter a word since your death. Not even a sound. Him who usually always talked too damn much, and was just so annoying…Nothing. He didn’t brag about anything, he didn’t try to be better than anyone else anymore. He was just…apathetic. He wouldn’t say anything, not even to Dick. He wouldn’t even look at them in the eyes. He spends most of his time in front of your tomb, where he did talk to you. But to others ? No. It’s like he had made a vow of silence and this ? It was unbearable.
Bruce spend all his time working to avoid thinking about your absence but…Whenever he thought he was alone, whenever he came back to your shared bedroom, half-expecting still to find you there…They could all hear him cry. They could hear him mourn you, inconsolable. And the thought of his father, that he always viewed as invincible, destroyed by you not being there anymore was unbearable. Bruce wasn’t fine, inconsolable. He would forever be inconsolable, he lost the love of his life 3 months ago…
Tim Monich, the dialect coach for Gangs Of New York, managed to do the impossible by researching dead dialects – that is, ways of speaking that no living person had ever heard with their own ears – and teaching it to modern actors. “But how do you research a dead dialect?” Easily! Well, no, not easily at all – with incredible difficulty, in fact: Monich studied old poems and newspaper articles that were mocking the dialects to try and deduce the way people of the era spoke. Then he forced Liam Neeson and Leonardo DiCaprio to talk that way.
At one point, Neeson’s character called a bunch of his enemies “nancy boys,” only for Monich to clarify that the correct term for the era and location was “Miss Nancies.” Which was a huge relief for all the 19th-century New York hooligans in the audience, who totally would’ve noticed that sort of thing.
That set points to something else pretty cool about the film’s development. Those buildings you see in the background? They haven’t existed in over a hundred years, so Scorsese had most of 1860s New York rebuilt from scratch in Rome, because “had most of 1860s New York rebuilt from scratch in Rome” is the kind of predicate you can be the subject of when your name is Martin Scorsese. I’m allowed to make those kinds of stupid grammar jokes when my entry is about dialects, okay?