Today marks 20 years since we got to experience the best fantastic world ever written - Harry Potter books. To celebrate I need to ramble a little about one character that will always be my favourite and since he’s underapreciated so much by the fandom (and by like the whole world ugh) I decided to stop writing my master thesis just to tackle Ron Weasley’s ego.
Where to begin? Since it’s been a while since I reread all of the books my points won’t be chronological but anyway.
1. Do you bloody remember how Ron Weasley didn’t have a thing that belonged fully to him, lived in a shadow of 5 older brothers and didn’t believe that ANYTHING he would achieve would really matter? Remember that? And still he goes on, meets Harry FREAKING Potter and makes him his friend. More than that, he treats him like a normal human being, helps him, explains to him everything about the magical world. And as times goes by he’s known as Potter’s friend and a Weasley and still he’s loyal to the core, defends Harry, sticks to Harry, believes in what he says and in him in general. I mean, 11 year old, f*cking child, sacrifices himself, because a) he thinks it’s Harry who’s the most important and needs the job done b) he’s brave c) he’s selfless, good human being who wants to fight evil d) he’s just the best friend ever, ok?
2. Now, can we discuss the fact that Ron doesn’t have a proper wand till like the third year? Like how can he even pass his classes, do magic and stuff? Yet he does it, so for me he may not be an academic but still a very powerful wizard.
3. He just drives a flying car to the school at age 12. Leaving you at that.
4. Oh no, before that he flies this car with his brothers, cause Harry doesn’t respond to his letters, so there goes a friend to the rescue.
5. Ok. Now. The most emotional point. Started with the sacrifice the first year but then… Ronald Wealey is the most protective person in the whole world. I mean, he’s most passionate when he defends his loved ones. Examples?
- Second year, tried to hex Malfoy for calling Hermione mudblood
- screaming at Snape when he didn’t see the difference after Hermione grew large teeth after a spell
- standing up alone for Hermione when Snape calls her a know-it-all. I mean, the courage there.
- standing on a broken leg in front of Harry and Hermione and telling then-known-murder Sirius Black that “If you want to kill Harry you’ll have to kill us too”
- beating up Malfoy for insulting his family
- just offering himself as Harry’s second for the duel xD
- defending Harry to students when no one believed him Voldemort is back
- defending Harry on the DA founding meeting
- “NO! Keep me, you can have me!”
- also rescuing Hermione from Malfoy Manor
- pushing Hermione out of the harms way in cafeteria after escaping from the wedding
- rescuing Harry from drowning
- going with Harry to chamber of secrets to rescue Ginny
-also going with Harry after the spiders having arachnophoebia
6. And then remember how funny and easy going Ron is. Without him Harry and Hermione would be straight miserable.
7. Also he gave his shoes to Dobby.
8. And he’s great at chess, good at quidditch and meets every requirement to become an auror after the war.
9. He makes mistakes, but ALWAYS makes up for them.
10. He’s INTELLIGENT. Most people, especially after only watching the films, assume that he’s dumb. But he’s certainly not. He is the most perceptive out of the trio, has excellent strategic skills, keeps a cool head in highly stressful situations. He also has the deepest knowledge about the insides of the magical world.
JUST RON WEASLEY EVERYBODY! <3 What’s not to love?
a junior who was taking the psat today ditched the idea of pulling the fire alrm to get out of testing and instead hacked into the school’s alarm system to set it off exactly when the English section was scheduled to start
THIS KID WAS SLICK ENOUGH TO HACK INTO AN ALARM SYSTEM BECAUSE HE WASN’T PREPARED FOR THE PSAT
and there you have it
that’s the summary of the American education system
James and Sirius, upon entering the park, make a beeline to secure fast passes for their favorite rides (the ones like Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, etc.)
At this point, Remus is really regretting not investing in a pair of those child-leashes that a good third of the parents at the theme park are sporting.
Peter tries running after Sirius and James, but gives up (not being fast enough) and hangs back alongside Remus, getting distracted by the array of gift/candy shops lining Main Street USA
Remus has to get a picture of Sleeping Beauty’s castle upon entering. He just has to.
James and Sirius are really smug when they get to cut in front of everyone with their fast passes. Remus just gives apologetic looks, and Peter has to shovel down the pretzel he bought before they get on the ride.
Ok, so considering the average temperature for Scotland during the summer time is around fifty seven degrees, and for southern California (L.A.) it’s around eighty one- they’re dying.
James and Sirius are wearing the bare minimum, and Remus has to rent a locker to stuff his sweater into
Sirius is rocking a man bun
James buys a Wizard Mickey hat and absolutely refuses to take it off
Peter may or may not be on his fifth churro by the time lunch rolls around
Remus really enjoys the small corners and alleys of the park where the crowd thins
Peter gets a coonskin hat from frontierland
Lots of shameless flirting with princesses coming from Sirius that result in autographs with the occasional phone number attached.
James seeing the Ariel and automatically missing Lily
Peter getting sick on the teacups ride after James decides to spin theirs as fast as he fucking can.
Lots of “JAMES NO!”
Sirius and James, after hearing about the two hundred feral cats that prowl the park at night, decide to go on a hunt for them
They legit smuggle cat nip inside the park and search the bushes for cats
Remus is so done with everyone’s shit
He just wants to have a normal visit at Disneyland is that so hard to ask?
Peter really wants to watch the parades, but Remus sees this as an opportune time to beat the crowds (now gathered along the street) to the rides
Remus is honestly ride or die. He doesn’t fuck with these slow ass tourists who have no idea where they’re going. He knows where to go and everyone is getting in his way.
Sirius getting picked on by characters (i.e. Chip ‘n Dale tugging on his man bun and snickering at it)
James in a flexing contest with Gaston
Remus only taking pictures the Mickey and Friends characters
And he’s all embarrassed to walk up to them at first
James taking the mic from the tour guide on Jungle Cruise because he thinks his jokes are lame, so he starts dishing out puns like its nothing and does a mic drop
Peter screaming a little too shrilly when the Yeti pops out on the Matterhorn
Sirius and James trying to find the entrance to the secret basketball court on the matterhorn
Also using alohomora to get into restricted areas of the park
Sirius singing Small World on repeat
James trying to harmonize
Remus really likes walking through Sleeping Beauty’s Castle (James and Sirius are hardly impressed)
But his favorite ride is the Disneyland Rail Road
Peter’s favorite ride is Star Tours and he convinces the others to ride it at least four times throughout the day.
James’ favorite ride is Indiana Jones. When he sees the snake statues in the ride, he mutters “Snivellus?”
Sirius prefers Pirates of the Caribbean
Remus getting really insecure because he notices little kids looking at the scars on his face with mild confusion- some are even scared
But then Peter Pan comes over and he does his thing. He tells Remus (making a big show of it so that others can hear) that he must’ve put up a good fight against the “pirate” that did that, and comments on how brave he is
Remus is just smiling the entire time and plays along with Peter Pan, and the kids gathered around are awestruck
Sirius and James posing for the camera on Splash Mountain
Having to restrain Sirius and James from jumping into the Rivers of America to get to the island