could you give some examples of foods we could eat (for someone who is thinking about becoming vegetarian) as in breakfast, lunch and dinner! I know there's plenty of vegetables and fruits but I need ideas since I don't want to be eating the same thing every day! and thank you
HERE IT IS - THE MASTER LIST OF ALL VEGAN FOOD MASTER LISTS. PREPARE YOURSELF, LIL SQUISHES.
- Chia pudding in various flavours (hazelnut milk + cacao + crushed hazelnuts to make nutella, matcha green tea powder + coconut milk + coconut chips, cinnamon + stewed apple + almond milk to make apple pie, soy milk + dried strawberries + fresh strawberries + homemade strawberry jam + whipped coconut cream to make strawberries and cream, pumpkin puree + crumbled spice shortbread biscuits from my upcoming zine + whipped coconut cream to make pumpkin pie… the combinations are endless!)
- A big bowl of crunchy granola with coconut yoghurt and your favourite fruits on top (grapes, passionfruit, banana, rockmelon, blueberries, pineapple)
- A stack of fluffy homemade pancakes (peanut butter and chocolate, strawberries and cream, matcha green tea with warm coconut milk, spiced apple pie, sticky date, coffee and chocolate, oreo, and so on are all flavours I have made - I recommend my ebook here in terms of pancake recipes! Woooo shameless self promotion)
- An acai and blueberry bowl made extra thick by using frozen bananas, topped with additional berries and banana slices, a pile of homemade bircher muesli, and lots of raw nuts and seeds
- A massive smoothie with loads of frozen banana chunks to make it super thick and creamy - my favourite flavours are blueberry + strawberry + banana + almond milk, cacao + mesquite + lucuma + maca + banana + coconut milk, banana + matcha + rice milk + ice cubes, banana + dates + vanilla + almond milk, and so on
- A giant fruit salad, or perhaps even a mono meal of fruits e.g. half a watermelon, a bag of oranges, a bunch of bananas, a bag of apples, a bag of grapes, a bag of peaches, a bag of nectarines, a honeydew or rockmelon (cantaloupe in some countries), a pineapple or two, anything you can get your hands on! Preferably organic/local/in season.
- Rice paper rolls filled with avocado, cos lettuce, rice noodles, red or orange capsicum, cucumber, grated carrot, cherry tomatoes, fresh grated ginger, mint, coriander, basil, parsley, and served with a peanut dipping sauce made with peanut butter, tamari/soy sauce, maple syrup, water, ginger, lemon/lime juice
- Glutenous black rice and cardamom pudding topped with creamy coconut yoghurt/whipped coconut cream, pineapple slices, and black sesame seeds (you can find the recipe on Belle Gibson’s amazing Whole Pantry app)
- Homemade brown rice/white rice/quinoa sushi with the apple cider vinegar rice mix that I posted on my Instagram a while ago, filled with avocado, cucumber, carrot, tofu, capsicum, or anything else you desire
- Rice or corn crackers topped with fresh chickpea hummus, tomato slices, avocado slices, bean sprouts, baby spinach, and cracked pepper/sea salt
- Oven fries made with a tablespoon of rice bran oil, 3 potatoes finely sliced into wedges, and garlic and herb salt, baked on fanbake until crispy then served alongside guacamole (avocado, tomato, red onion, chilli, lemon, salt, pepper) and tomato sauce
- A massive bowl of banana icecream made with frozen banana chunks - my favourite flavour is salted caramel (frozen bananas + medjool dates + mesquite powder + peanut butter + sea salt), but any combination goes! Try out peanut butter and cacao, blueberry and strawberry, green tea and lemon, raspberry and cacao butter, and so on.
- A rich, spicy indian curry made with (in this order) rice bran oil, onion, garlic, curry powder, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, vegetable stock, cauliflower, coconut cream, broccoli, chilli flakes/fresh chilli, baby spinach leaves, coriander, parsley, all on top of a bed of freshly steamed rice or quinoa
- Homemade vegan pizza made with Orgran’s gluten-free pastry blend, topped with tomato paste, zucchini circles, fresh tomato rounds, capsicum slices, pitted olives, mushroom slices, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinaigrette, and fresh herbs when it’s just come out of the oven
- Rice or corn pasta spirals/spaghetti with a rich tomato, basil, parsley, onion, mushroom, zucchini, and chilli sauce. Would also be nice with your choice of beans stirred in e.g. lentils, red kidney beans
- Rice risotto made with vegetable stock, nutritional yeast, mushrooms, some kind of nut cheese if it’s accessible to you, fresh broccoli, asparagus, lemon and other vegetables you love and would work well with the flavour combinations
- Lasagne made with either gluten free pasta sheets or thinly sliced eggplant/zucchini/sweet potato as the layers, filled with a mix of lentils, tomato, basil, parsley, chilli, garlic, onion, mushroom, and so on (I prefer this without vegan cheese, but feel free to add it in if you’d like)
PS Make enough for leftovers because most of these options taste even better cold the next day, but ensure you store them in glass or metal bowls as plastic bowls taint the food and will stain, particularly with curry or spiced pastas