“I’m going to start studying right after I’ve ______”…you won’t.
“Oooh, I’m going to highlight my notes with 49930 different colours to help me retain information” Highlight key words!!
“Everyone else has these amazing, expensive notebooks, pens and Macbooks. Maybe I need them too to be a good student.” Hint: You don’t
“There more I manage to cover during this hour, the more I’ll learn” Remember: Quality NOT quantity
“Revision is so unnecessary. I have a good memory and I know I’m going to remember this on the test I have in 2 months”… sorry to break this to you but you probably won’t remember a lot. Go through everything you’ve covered during the last week on the weekend.
“Oh boy, I’m so tired. I think I’ll just read this chapter in bed.” Hint: You’ll fall asleep
“Okay so I need to study this and this much to get a better grade than _____“ wth nonono. Study for yourself??
“Omg, I didn’t study today. I’m such a failure” You don’t have to study every day. You shouldn’t study every day!! Have at least one day a week when you do nothing school related, your brain needs the rest!
“I didn’t get a ____ in the test. I must be dumb idiot and a complete failure who won’t accomplish anything in life” One grade doesn’t affect your life one bit.
“I must study law, medicine or any other STEM subject to be considered a real hardworking student” Hint: Humanities and other subjects are just as hard, okay?
“My teacher is bad and that’s why I won’t ever learn this” Take your computer, open google, google the stuff you don’t get. Was it so hard? Don’t blame your teacher for not understanding something. They’re humans and not perfect. Be ambitious and try to teach yourself with the help of your friends, the internet, youtube, library books etc.
1. About this Journal Page: I usually add this on the first page, it’s sort of like the alpha because it explains the things that i plan to do w/ my journal. I add “Dear reader,… Love, Me” and script my name + heaps of doodles.
2. Birthday Special and Etc. Bonanza: This page is a list of people’s birthday and other special occasions where either list it down or make huge tables similar to a legit calendar. Doodles make this 10x better.
3. Favorites of the Month: I love doing this because it feels like I can actually reminisce the things that i love about the month. I do this in sketches and paint it with watercolors because watercolor makes everything 100x better.
4. Things I love about the season: Frankly speaking, we only have 2 “seasons” in my country so that’s practically just rainy and dry. And since I am desperately in love with summer, I dedicated a list of things I love about it.
5. The Huge Movie list: This movie list is meant to be a sort-of “reacts” and “ratings” kind of thing because i always love rating the movies that I’ve binge watched.
6. The Moody Playlist: I shuffle my tunes and seek for beautiful tracks and turn them into themed playlist. I think this is perfect if you have a spotify account because you can later on make a legit playlist.
7. Tick it off: This is quite typical tbh: the to-do-list page. The page which makes your journal a bona fide journal. I often times write down my to-do-list with boxes so that i can just tick off when i’m done.
8. Bucket list Version 2.0: Also a classic, you can add a little twist to your bucket list by turning them into sketches instead of the old, lame bullet-ed list sort of thing. Bonus: you can add how old, how you want to look, etc.
9. Thoughts in a Bullet: I do this to write down with ease the bothersome thoughts. I just write it down either in phrases or sentences. Thoughts in a bullet is perfect for calming down and easing the anxiety.
10. The Sunday’s best: Sunday’s best is actually the page i dedicate for when I’m chilling. I practically just let my thoughts wander and write it down in a page. I either make a playlist for sunday, how i want my sunday to be, quick sketches of my bedroom, and tv series i binge-watched that day. Sunday’s best is practically just a chill page and you’re free to do whatever you want to do with it.
11. This Week’s Bake, Blend, Stir and Fry: I honestly just call it that way because it sounds cooler but the gist is that page is meant to be your Recipe of the week sort of thing. If you’re a person with a heart for cooking, then this page is for you.
12. The Featured Pet: I love making this page because I can actually add my pets in my journal!! I’ll sketch them and describe them and just list down the reasons why I love them. Some of the stuff i write are: name, age of description, color, animal, breed, favorite food, behavior, personality, when it barks, etc!!!
13. Quick Urban Sketches: This journal page idea is something to do when you’re feeling the sun and you want to go outside and bathe yourself with it. You practically just sketch heaps of beautiful buildings, strangers, shrines, etc and paint it using a watercolor (i do it this way, you can do it in your own way too). And then describe it in a short phrase, sentence, or maybe even a paragraph. This is perfect if you’re an outdoor person who loves the sun ~
14. This Week’s Highlights: This is quite similar to favorites of the month however it’s for the week plus it’s not only your favorites. I actually like doing the highlight page because i want to remember all the things that happened to me for the whole time i was having this journal.
15. Dear Elle,: Elle does not exist. I don’t even know anybody with the name Elle. I just dedicate a page for her because I feel like I’m talking to a friend. No, she’s not an imaginary friend. I think the things I write in my dear elle page is mostly directed to me. In dear elle, i write down with all my heart the things that I'am afraid of, my flaws, insecurities, anxiety and I usually just sum it up with a nice positive reminder.
16. The Botanical Garden Dream: Actually this is just a page dedicated for my favorite flowers that I’d love to have and plant in my garden one day. I usually just make this in a garden-looking way so there’s not much words but sketches and doodles. And then i color it using my colored pencils because it’s easier to work with pencils for botanical tbh.
17. 100 Resons to be Happy About: I made this on my first journal (that’s when I was 11) and every time i read it, i still can’t help but smile. This page is a major help for struggling people out there. Honestly, it’s just a page filled with heaps of things i love and i write them down in different sizes, orientation and fonts so that it looks sort of like a mess but not really.
18. *insert TV Series*’s Lessons: I did this on Modern Family and I swear to god this is like the most favorite thing I do about the lesson sort-of thing because I just !! I often times divide it in characters like: Here’s for Haley, Alex, Luke, Phil, etc. And I’ll apply them to myself and it helps out trust me!!
19. 17 Things I’ve Learned Before Turning 17: This is perfect because I can actually look back and see how much I’ve grown. You can do it too but you can use your age instead like if you’re 12 it can be 12 things I’ve learned before turning 12. Something like that.
20. The Dreamy Backpack Adventures: The Dreamy Backpack Adventures is actually just the list of places that I want to visit before I die!! I often times get my inspo from tumblr and do a mini research and write it down on that page too. 21. 10 Things That Make Me Happy: This is quite similar to 100 reasons to be happy about but this time it’s more of a me. I just write this down when I’m totally feeling myself and stuff like that. I got the inspo from the anonymous chain message going on in tumblr so yep.
22. The Ultimate Road Trip Guide: I make this page because I’m one heck of a huge fan of road trips! I often times just make a playlist, write a to-bring-list, make my outfit ideas, and food list kind of thing that i shall do for the whole trip. I also sketch my pillows hehe!
23. Other Versions of Sunshine: I actually made something like this and posted it here, can you remember? It’s just a bunch of lovely little things that remind you of sunshine. I write this down when it’s a sunny saturday and it’s the golden hour (4-5pm).
24. Little Things to be Happy About: I also made this and posted it in here. It’s quite similar to Other Versions of Sunshine but this time, it’s more like a little bit of less descriptive. I suggest making this before doing the Other Versions of Sunshine. This will honestly pump you up a bit.
25. Reminders to Myself: These are cute little positive things that i write down so that i can sort of just read it when I’m having a sad day. I add cute little doodles around too. To make this 10x cuter, i add little animal or cupcake or plant doddle with this bubble reminders and stuff. You can also scan this and post them in tumblr.
26. Sketches: I don’t really think I need to explain this. These are just cute sketches of everything: your house, neighbor’s house, your friends, strangers, etc.
27. The Pressed Flowers & Leaves Page: I’m pretty sure your journal will be a thousand times better if you press some flowers on another book and tape it using washi on your journal. You can dedicate a whole page with captions (what’s the plant, where is it from, when it was picked and pressed, initial color, etc) for your pressed flowers. Perfect for future gift ideas.
28. The Ultimate Picnic Guide: The Ultimate Picnic Guide is also quite similar to The Ultimate Road Trip Guide. I sketch my little cute picnic idea and add colors (using watercolor, still) and then i label it and point it out. Like, the sort of food I will eat, the colors of the blanket, the books I will read, the outfit that i plan to wear, the basket i will bring and stuff. It’s honestly better to sketch it than just write it down. But you can always just do it your way.
29. Paint and Palette Test: I think most artists use a separate sheet of paper for this but honestly the palette test is one of my most favorite thing about painting and making art. I keep it in my journal and test the colors that might match. This is really perfect for future art references and also nice if you’re having an art block + don’t know the heck what you should do. This palette test page could help.
30. A Love Letter: A love letter is sort-of a self-project i made because i love to write letters to people. I will make letters for my friend, my crush, my mom, my dad, and other relatives when i feel the urge to do so. I usually never give them out because well, that’s the sole purpose of writing it- never giving it out. So yeah, a love letter is perfect for when you just want to pour out your feelings over someone and you don’t want them to figure it out. EVER.
31. What I Want To Be: This one is just a goals of the day sort of thing. You can also do it in a goals of the week or month. :-)
32. Things I Love About *your favorite artist*: This can either be a singer, painter, dancer, etc. I honestly just do this to express my love for my faves.
33. The Skin Care Guide: Every time I purchase new things to spice up the softness of my face, I’ll sketch the cute little bottles and facial stuff that i purchase and describe it and write my reviews.
34. The All-time Page (fave books, music, etc): This is a little classic. I basically just write down my all-time favorite books, art, painters, movies, and more.
35. The Book Trip: You can google up some nice book recommendations or from good reads and then you write it down. You could also try to write your expectations and stuff.
36. The Movie Binge: This is quite similar to the Book Trip but this time I write down cute movie recommendations for future binge-watching. Yay!
37. Dear Future/Past Me: I’m not sure if this is classic but I actually like doing this. I wrote a letter for myself 5 years ago and I opened it today and just wow, I was so surprised with how much I’ve grown. So if you practically like those things, you can add this to spice up your journal.
38. Dreamy Date: Practically just a list of things/quality that i want my future significant other to be. Or how my dream date will go. Or just practically the “date a person who..” kind of thing.
39. To Be Or Not To Be: It’s just a cute list of all the inspirational quotes i gather from everywhere. At times, I’ll sketch the figure/portrait of the person who said it and add a little thought bubble with the quote.
40. The Grocery List: Honestly, I just make a grocery list kind of thing because i love drawing goodies and food!! It’s more of a favorite page kind of thing but this time it’s filled with canned foods. You can also do this in bullet form.
41. The Fashionette 101: In other words: outfit page. This is where I sketch my #ootd or just the outfit inspos i get from tumblr. As you all know, i have a tag #ootd_insp. I sometimes sketch nice outfit ideas from there.
42. Cut It Out: The Cut it out is page is practically dedicated for magazine cut-outs. I have a lot of old magazines and art books that I’ve finished reading so instead of throwing them, I’ll just cut ‘em and paste on my journal.
43. Little Flaws I love About Me: This is also inspired by the chain anonymous message about loving yourself. You just practically just list down the cute little things you like about yourself.
44. List of Pets and Plants + Name Ideas: This is sort of like a keeping track page for all my pets and plants. I will also sketch and draw them when I feel like it. This is perfect with watercolor, jsyk. :-)
45. The Space Page: The Space Page is one of my most recent page where i just draw a lot of space stuff and all the planets and add cute little facts about it. I sometimes add glitters instead of painting them because planets are fab as heck.
46. Mini-Comic and The Everyday Adventures: Literally just a little comic strip about your everyday encounters. I made a similar one entitled “The Homey Adventures” and you can find it somewhere in my blog. You can divide it in four squares or depends on your own liking.
47. The Brunette and Grainy Pictures: If you have a lot of vintage, european-ish sort of stickers and cute little goodies, you can make a vintage page for that. You can fill it out with nice doodles of buses and pins and stamps, too.
48. Doodle page: This is entirely different from the sketch page because doodle page is a lot more chill and adorable. You can fill up a whole page or just half of it or maybe a quarter and add other sections if you want.
49. Poems: Yep, quite obvious, guys.
50. The “Why I love” Section: Some Why I love suggestions: tea, coffee, ice cream, your dog, color, food, etc. You can add a lot of details and images because the more detailed the better honestly.
OK SO WHO'S GONNA SUM IT ALL UP AND ADD ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS CMON
okAY i’ll do my faves
obviously highlight is the album debut, make sure you stream
harry wore a beautiful pink plaid suit
from the interview with grimmy:
someone said they were gonna leave their wife for harry and harry was like “be honest, communication is key”
nick tried to ask if two ghosts was about t*ylor and harry was like “ummmm help me jeffrey” and then he gave an explanation about things changing between people and then nick introduced the song as about t*ylor and harry literally screamed “NOOOO”
a fan asked about why one direction was releasing all things in the same week because she needs to revise and harry was like if you’re not revising, “it’s not on me, sister”
harry said that basically in jamaica, they would write and record and eat together and then they’d just watch rom coms and he watched all of nicholas sparks’ movies
and then he tried to say he wasn’t a big notebook fan and nick totally was like uHhhh that’s a lie and then he said you totally quote every single line all of ryan gosling’s parts and then harry was like no i play rachel mcadams
he said kiwi started out as a joke and now it’s one of his favorites
from the ash london interview:
he said that he held onto two ghosts because it’s a very personal song to him maybe subconsciously for himself
he said he doesn’t have whatsapp and then he was like ‘i don’t know what dm’s are’
he said that his album sound is meant to show that like he’s been exploring his sound and he wanted the songs to be different because it keeps it interesting
from the hits interview:
he auditioned for the role in dunkirk and read for someone and then auditioned for a week or so and then he got the part
he said the crew was amazing and made him feel welcome
he said that if there was something that he felt like he was dying to be in a role, he’d like to a movie. but he wouldn’t want to if he wasn’t passionate about it
he’s gonna do four songs - a different song from the album a night - on james corden
he said he never felt suppressed in 1d and he loved the songs they made and loved being in the band
he said that they listen to each other’s stuff and it’s been cool to see people explore what they want to make on their own
he said he didn’t play the album to anyone, not many people heard it
he said the song ed liked he didn’t put on the album was called “anna”
harry said he’s not very manly and guy ritchie is intimidating because he’s very manly
he said that he acted when he was younger and he was interested in it and he said he did a tape and then a week of auditions, he said chris didn’t put him at the top of the queue or anything
Think about Elias waking up, disoriented and confused where he is. Then his eyes land on a tall guy, sitting on the armrest of the couch he is laying on, sipping a cup of - going by the smell that fills the air - coffee and smirking down at him.
“Rise and shine, Hottie.” The guy exclaims, way too loud for Elias’ throbbing head and wiggles his eyebrows. What the fuck happened last night?
anyways guys I don’t know about you but I love putting my straighteners in my bestfriend’s room and having to go in there every morning to straighten my hair instead of having them in my room or my bathroom but ya know, just bro things!!!
hello hello! i know i’ve been a little absent the past few days, but i had my last exam yesterday and now i’m finally home. i asked for advice/masterpost topic suggestions, so without further ado, here is my guide to exam season! (as requested by @rivkahstudies)
whether it’s high school finals, college finals or ap/ib exams, i’m sure we all know how it feels to have to learn (seemingly) all the knowledge ever known in a few weeks. here’s how to come out relatively unscathed:
1. pretty notes are nice, but they also take forever. i’m a huge fan of making summaries and study guides so, to spice up my notes efficiently, i pick two colored pens that I alternate between for each section/topic.
2. on a similar vein, don’t use a billion different colors/pens/highlighters. it takes time to switch between pens or to pick up a highlighter. and to figure out what color the term/fact should be classified as. underlining and writing in all caps is just as effective to provide emphasis on something. and way faster.
3. study guides are your friend. like i said earlier, this is one of my favorite way to study for big cumulative exams. go through your notes (or the textbook) and summarize, but make sure you understand what you write down. write things in a way that makes sense to you (don’t just copy). going back over lecture notes is great because it forces you to put pieces together, calls things you didn’t get to your attention, and allows you to skip over concepts you are already very solid in.
4. learn from practice problems. if your teacher/professor give past exams or practice problems, use them. i like to go through them and, if i don’t know how to do something and wasn’t just being dumb, i take notes on key concepts/strategies used to solve the problem. this way, it’s on my radar and i can apply those strategies to other problems. if you really don’t have time (or are lazy like me), go through the solutions and take notes on any solution that you wouldn’t have immediately thought of. not quite as effective as actually doing them first, but it still helps.
5. memorize strategically. this one is really great for vocab or classes like ap spanish lit where you need to know facts about lots of different works. start by memorizing the “easy” ones that stand out. maybe you have a personal connection, or it’s the only work in that style or time period. i find starting there and working towards the more “difficult” works builds confidence and helps you be really sure of the ones you do know. if you get down to the end and there are two works you always get confused, at least you’ve narrowed down the list by having everything else locked in.
6. breathe. one of the worst things you can do is let yourself get overwhelmed (either while studying or while test-taking). don’t let yourself get to that point. if you need to take a step back, do it. pushing yourself too far can lead to a complete shut down, which will put you out of commission for (possibly) days and only fuel your sense of helplessness. exams are important, but they’re not so important that you need to sacrifice your well being.
best of luck with all your exams and please feel free to message me/send me an ask if you want more advice. i love giving it :D -m
How to use Cornell note-taking method on OneNote - A tutorial on how to take class notes
Cornell note-taking method is really amazing, since it allows you to take clear notes and analyse it afterwards + can give you a brief idea on what the notes are about simply by looking at the key points. Of course, the last summary section can definitely help you to organise your ideas. All in all, it’s just a great motivation for you to go back on your notes after class.
This is often used by people who take notes by writing. Personally, I love taking notes using a laptop as it’s way faster + everything can be organised rather easily (especially with OneNote).
Tutorial on Cornell method
1. Course number as title for tabs; lecture no. as title for the page. I also insert the link of the class / any lecture materials provided here.
2. I type in key words and details (basically the two columns in Cornell method)
3. I format the two using “Heading 1″
4. Then i just take the lecture notes in the detail section using the outline method - I also like to add in tags, like questions for any inspiring/thought-provoking questions posed my the lecturer, and important for key concepts (and to-do for coursework, if there’s any)
5. After class: - I re-read the notes - highlight anything i find important - And input the key ideas in the left column for easy reference - add in summary of the bottom of the page)
My highlighting system: - Green: key words - Yellow: ideas to note - Orange: key points (for example like i will highlight the main categories of sth) - Blue words: examples
Printing tip / Converting to pdf If you want to print your notes, the onenote app on macbook usually do not format it well and cut the pages in a very weird way. Instead, you can print by accessing your notes on OneDrive (like through your internet browser). The last two pictures are how my notes for the first lecture turn out.
OneNote digital bullet journal x planner masterpost
So, before this university
year started I realized that Passion Planner and my last year simple and mini
bullet-journal don’t meet my requirements,
so I needed something new. I love watching others bullet journals and
planners, which are colourful and
creative, and nice-looking. But I just don’t find it convenient, logical and
useful - to spend so much money and time on a notebook (just my opinion, guys,
relax). Like…what for?
AND THEN I’VE SEEN THE LIGHT
e.g. HAD AN IDEA TO CREATE A DIGITAL BULLET JOURNAL.
This way you can save money
and spend less time. And you can see it whenever you want. And don’t carry
additional weight with you (which, if you’re like me and have lots of heavy
stuff with you every day, is a real pro)
I’m using a netbook and
usually carry it around with me to work on + I’ve got all books for classes
there (and we’ve lots of those), so my choice landed on OneNote app. I
think many of you are used to see it only as a note-taking app, for Cornwell’s
system for example, but, in fact, it has so many great options to act as a
planner or a journal, that I was AMAZED not to find anyone using it this way.
But enough talking, let’s see
how it looks in practice!
Here you can see different sections/tabs
and pages of a chosen tab. I use them for my everyday needs, like mood
diary and recovery challenge; checking my students progresses, tasks and what
we’ve learned; the tab for my coursework contains a calendar, research plan,
some info and notes; and notebook is for my french philology when I need to
work with pdf files and highlight something in the text or write over it.
Anyways, the one that interests us is bullet journal.
is how my month of October looks like. I have a small calendar on the
top left and the description of important/highlighted dates below it. Then, opposing calendar, there are my monthly goals. In the center there are books I need and want to read, tv
series/movies/anime I plan to watch. And a bunch of pics to add the colour. (Pay
attention to the to-do squares and keep them in mind, we’ll come back to them
is how first week of October looked like. Pretty simple and
minimalistic. I mostly tracked what I need to do on a certain day and some
chores. And it was the week when I decided to differentiate symbols.
tags are pretty simple and I don’t always use them all, mostly first 12
(well, I use almost all of them, whatever), but it’s nice knowing I’ll have
from what to choose if I ever need to.
there’s food log for each week. Pretty simple and on a A5 page size. (fasting
was due to the loss of the appetite for 4 days because of my depression)
monthly habit tracker. As you can see, I failed the drawing one
completely. I may change them from time to time, though sport, self-care (or
skin care), planning and water trackers are always with me. I love keeping them
So, this is how I use
OneNote. I’m still using my Passion Planner and some phone apps to keep on track. I hope you’ve found this post useful and enjoyed the walkthrough my
digital bullet journal. If you decide to create your own, tag me. I’d love to
• and we’re back in business boys and girls. ‘smiling again’ is back on the menu!
• no chicken scratchings this chapter and the art is pretty nice
• we finally learn after over a decade what Kurapika’s index ability does, and Chrollo will soon be filing for plagiarism
• also btw, trust Kurapika to think teamwork means borrowing your allies abilities so you can use them for yourself.
• only 2 hours to go before the horn sounds and the ship gets going - officially beginning the succession war.
• idk why this Halkenburg dude thinks the succession battle is opt out, but I’m pretty sure anyone who tries to leave and doesn’t participate will be executed so rip him. Maybe at the hands of his own creepy nen beast.
• anyway, I like the princes/kurapika storyline, but i’m itching to see all the other parties too (phantom troupe/hisoka, Ging/Pariston/Beyond, The Zodiac etc).
• waiting a week feels like nothing after living through hiatus x hiatus.