YO REDDIE FIRST KISS HC BEEOTCH
WILL DO BIRCH
- Their first kiss happens one weekend during their Sophomore year of High School. They’re hanging out in Richie’s room (one of the rare occasions where he lets Eddie into his house before they start dating, since he’s scared of him seeing his mom).
-They’re chilling in his room, laying on their stomachs on Richie’s (messy) bed. Richie has a CD he made playing on his desk. They have a bag of cheetos between them and cans of coke on the floor in front of the bed.
- Suddenly Richie gives Eddie that huge shit-eating grin that Eddie’s so accustomed to and starts getting antsy from staying in the same place for a while. He starts poking Eddie and just being annoying while laughing super hard.
- As a payback, Eddie takes a handful of cheetos and smears it all over Richie’s face, getting cheeto dust everywhere. He’s grossed out but he’s also laughing, as it seemed to shut Richie up pretty quick and he was trying to rub the orange powder off his skin.
- Richie starts attempting to rub his face on Eddie’s shirt and even on his cheek just because he knows it’ll piss him off.
- Eddie starts shrieking and laughing so much, telling Richie to get the fuck off of him. Richie replies by pretty much telling Eddie he brought this on himself.
- Their faces get really close and they pull apart, embarrassed. Richie gets up and goes to his bathroom which is attached to the side of his room so he can wash his face and hands, and even washes his mouth with mouthwash while Eddie watches, confused as to why he’s going to such lengths.
- Richie lays back down next to Eddie and they continue reading. Richie gets bored and antsy again, so he decides to fuck with Eddie a bit.
- He starts to bring his face really close to Eddie and stare at him. Eddie pretends not to notice and just continues reading the comic book in front of him, only casting super quick side glances from the corner of his eye and hoping his cheeks aren’t red.
- Richie is annoyed by Eddie ignoring him, so he gives him a small peck on the cheek before jumping off the bed so Eddie won’t slap him.
- But instead of getting pissed, Eddie just gets flustered. He asks Richie, “What the fuck did you do that for, you weirdo?” but says it with a small smile. Richie asks why “Eds doesn’t want a smooch from Ol’ Richie” and tells him to pucker up
- Richie tries pecking at his cheeks again and Eddie’s swatting him away, telling him he doesn’t want to catch whichever multitude of diseases are festering in his mouth.
- Richie pretends to be offended and says “But I just washed my mouth, didn’t you see? Nothing festering in here, I can assure you. I gotta keep my dental hygiene impeccable anyways, you know my dad is a dentist”
- Eddie goes, “Yeah, and the rest of your hygiene suffers for it.” They both laugh. Richie, still pretending to be hurt, moves away from Eddie to sit up a bit farther away on his bed.
- Eddie sorta feels bad and tells Richie his hygiene is fine and that he actually smells pretty good most of the time; he’s not as gross as Eddie always says he his. This is Eddie’s attempt at being serious.
- They’re quite for a second after this moment of seriousness and then burst out in loud laughter. Richie thanks Eddie for that incredible compliment.
- Eddie’s hurt that Richie was laughing at his sincerity and says that’s the last fucking time he’s ever complimenting him, and shoves him over.
- Their laughter dies down and Richie asks, “So… you’re not completely repulsed by me?” Eddie shakes his head no.
- “You don’t think I have AIDS or Cooties or anything like that?” Again, Eddie says no.
- “Can I kiss you, then?”
- Eddie’s not surprised because they’ve been leading up to this for a while, and they’ve had crushes on each other for months if not years. Even so, he’s still super flustered and his heart his beating so fast.
- He nods his head yes, and he’s the one that goes forward to connect their lips.
- After they move back, Richie takes a look at Eddie’s tomato face and starts laughing at him. “… EDS, WHAT KIND OF FACE IS THAT”
- Eddie’s like “WHY DO I EVEN LIKE YOU”
- Eddie starts to get up, and Richie pulls him back down. In a rare moment of cheesiness (Richie is totally a hopeless romantic at heart), he tells Eddie how happy he is since he’s had a crush on him for so long.
- Eddie’s super happy and they’re super cuddly and close the rest of the night.
- That night, Richie calls Bev and is like “BITCH GUESS THE FUCK WHAT!!” She’s so happy for them that she screams on the phone after Richie tells her.
- That night Richie can’t fall asleep and his cheeks hurt from smiling too much. Eddie can’t sleep either because every time he thinks about it he has to use his inhaler.