“Men want children, but they dont want to care for them. They want them just like they want a car and a house. They see them as possessions and as a statussymbol.”
“why dont they teach us this at school?”
“Because no one would want children if they knew this. Men want to be at ease, it’s women who have to do all the dirty work for them”
The city breathing, burning, living the life they had preserved. Ten million lives and more. If something should happen to all that life- how terrible! Nita gulped for control as she remembered Fred’s word of just this morning, an eternity ago. And this was what being a wizard was about.Keeping terrible things from happening, even when it hurts. Not just power, or control of what ordinary people couldn’t control, or delight in being able to make strange things happen. Those were the side effects- not the reason, the purpose.
Today is a really shitty anniversary for me (actually, not quite, but my brain recognizes it as the last Friday in September) and so here’s a list of more things that make me happy.
1. Walker Stalker is four weeks from today! There will be so much hugging!!! I know I’ll be seeing Shana, Lydia, Sady, and Amelia, at the very least, but, if any of my other followers are going, let me know and we can make plans to at least meet and say hi!
2. Books. I’m currently reading Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (it’s the sequel to a book I fell in love with last year) and I’m trying to force myself not to just binge-read the entire thing in one sitting. I just finished Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman (thanks to Shana’s recommendation), and I cried because the writing was so damn good.
3. Carol and Tara exist. I mean, they just delight me. Also, I am planning on dressing up as Tara again for Halloween (probably not on Halloween, but on one of the days of WSC ATL). Only the Motormouth Mabel shirt and the boots are screen accurate (the rest is as close as I could find without actual IDs), but I am excited.
4. Introvert weekends! I don’t actually have to interact with anyone this weekend (well, until Sunday, anyway). Mango is off playing with friends (aka other people who have dogs) and I miss puppy snuggles, but also am already enjoying the quiet.
5. Last week I mentioned fall TV, so right now I’m going to just say that I’m really enjoying Speechless (and probably you all should watch). I have so many “oh my god, I know that person” moments, Micah Fowler has some of the best reaction expressions I’ve ever seen (he is so good), and Kyla Kenedy is clearly having tons of fun with it.
I remember you saying you watched The good wife, what do you think of David Lee? And Alicia? Also, have you watched all 6 seasons?
To be totally honest I burned out after Season 4 because it just felt like the whole thing was going in circles (endlessly, forever). This is a large part of the reason I tend to favor things that have a shorter run but a longer shelf life. It seems writers inevitably run out of ideas and just start doing the same things over and over again.
I’ve learned a lot this year.. I learned that things don’t always turn our the way you planned, or the way you think they should. And I’ve learned that there are things that go wrong that don’t always get fixed or get put back together the way they were before. I’ve learned that some broken things stay broken, and I’ve learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people who love you.