There are ten thousand wars to wage, and she wants to be on the front lines of all of them. She, with her nose buried in history books so she can learn from mistakes before she makes them. Her, with the proud hand up in the front row of her college lectures and an eloquent dismissal of her professor’s argument on her tongue. Anxiety creeps in sometimes, gives her the goosebumps so bad she can’t leave the house, but her 30k Twitter followers don’t care. They hang on her every word no matter where she is. So she teaches them to question everything. She won’t hand-feed you the knowledge, but she does want you to learn. Everyone should be learning, herself included. She sees the signs of revolution on the horizon, and she wants to do her part. She, she and her beautiful mind, will fight with tongue and pen and, eventually, her bloody fists.
In Roman mythology, Diana was the goddess of the hunt, the moon, and nature, is associated with wild animals and the woodland, and with having the power to talk to and control animals. She was eventually equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy. Diana was also known to be the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, along with Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.
the three maiden, or virgin, goddesses are; diana, goddess of the hunt; minerva, goddess of wisdom; and vesta, goddess of the hearth. diana swore to never bear children because of her disdain for men, minerva gives birth through her thoughts, and vesta swore to jupiter she’d never marry.
1) Draco was a dragon killed by the goddess Minerva and tossed into the sky upon his defeat.
WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU MCGONAGALL?? I THOUGHT YOU LIKED DRACO :O WTF. I HOPE YOU DIDN’T TURN HIM INTO A FERRET TOO.
2) In some mythology, Draco had guarded the golden apple tree, and was put in the sky as a constellation for protecting the apples with valor.
3) Draco, the last dragon, ascends into the constellation after he sacrifices himself to destroy an evil king.
YEAH WE KNOW YOU PLAYED A PART IN THE DESTRUCTION OF VOLDY
4) The much larger SuperDraco engine will be used on. SuperDraco engines are capable of being restarted many times, and have the capability to deeply reduce their thrust, providing precise control. As of 2015, SuperDraco is the most powerful engine and only outmatched by Merlin.
OOPS SORRY FOR THAT ONE
5) The price of Draco was about 14,990 US dollars, but a lot cheaper in Europe.
YOU EUROPEAN BASTARDS.
6) Draco established the legal code. The laws that he laid down were the first written constitution. It featured several major innovations: Instead of oral laws known to a special class, arbitrarily applied and interpreted, all laws were written, thus being made known to all literate citizens. The laws distinguish between murder and involuntary homicide.
OK, HIS LAWS WERE BAD, BUT AT LEAST HE TRIED. MUDBLOODS, WIZARDS? SAME THING. PLUS HE WAS AN INVOLUNTARY DEATH EATER.
7) The death penalty was the punishment for even minor offenses, such as ‘stealing a cabbage’.
I THOUGHT YOU LIKED APPLES, DRAY. OMG. CABBAGO. LET’S SHIP CABBAGO. DON’T TOUCH MY CABBAGE BECAUSE OTHERWISE MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS.
8) Draco means “serpent”, “dragon”. The root means “to watch” or “to guard with a sharp eye”. It is a derivative of Greek drakōn"gazing".
DEFINITELY A SLYTHERIN. WATCHING HERMIONE. OF COURSE. AT THE YULE BALL, YOU KNOW. CANON STUFF. BUT AFTER TOO. HE FOUND HER PRETTY ONCE? HE’S NOT GONNA FIND HER UGLY EVER AFTER, YOU KNOW. HE’S NOT AN IDIOT.
9) Draco was undoubtedly seen by the army as a special protective symbol, while it also played an important role in the religious life of the people.
DRACO REPRESENTED HOPE. HOW CUTE.
10) The draco shows a religious syncretism.
YEAH, LIKE PUREBLOOD AND MUGGLEBORN. PERFECT SYNCRETISM.
11) The draco is the symbolic image of victory although it is absent from pictures on the column that illustrate the 2nd war.
HOW CUTE. PEOPLE KNOW HE’S AWESOME, BUT HE STILL FEELS BAD. NO PICTURE. DON’T WANT TO GET AN ITW WITH SKEETER. AND HIS WAND DEFEATED VOLDY, OF COURSE.
Hermes, aka Hermione, had a magic wand framed by two intertwined snakes; at the top of the staff are two wings. She is the guide of the dead and protector of merchants, gamblers, liars and thieves.
OH 2 SNAKES AROUND HER? OH SHIT THEY HAD A KID! AND WELL, NOW WE KNOW WHY LUCIUS DIDN’T WANT HIS SON TO BE A THIEF; HE WAS SCARED DRACO WOULD TALK TO HERMIONE THEN, THE MUGGLEBORN GIRL. BUT SHE’S HIS PROTECTOR AND YEAH, SHE’S ONE OF THE REASONS HE DIDN’T GO TO AZKABAN; THAT’S A WELL KNOWN FACT.)
BONUS 2: “I’m going to start with Hermes‘ connection with Gemini, as it is the most obvious and so it will be out of the way first. Given the god’s association with Mercury, as well as the famous Gemini traits like intelligence, quick talking, playfulness and trickery, it’s no wonder that Hermes is closely tied to this sign.”
DRACO IS A FUCKING GEMINI, YOU ALL. HIS BIRTHDAY IS ON JUNE 5TH.