Things I noticed from my many viewings of FBAWTFT:
- In the customs scene at the beginning, Newt pats his pocket and smooths it down…the pocket that Pickett the bowtruckle usually sits in. Perhaps he was doing that to keep him calm or to keep him from coming up?
- “Hot dog again?” “Don’t read my mind.” “Not a very wholesome meal” (YES I’m an idiot it took me this long to notice)
- When Jacob says to Queenie “could you not read my mind…don’t get me wrong I love it” (or whatever it was), Tina looks up at him with the tiniest hint of a pissed off glare - like over protective sister, “what did you just say, don’t upset my lil sis” kind of thing.
- When Graves is questioning Newt, there are moments that he looks at Tina, as if talking to her: like he says Newt endangered a student’s life “with a beast” and he glances at Tina. It’s as if he’s trying to turn her against Newt (and failing of course)
- We see the Goldstein family in the death potion and learn that Tina has her father’s dark hair and Queenie has their mother’s blonde curls. (Random but I thought that was cool)
- Tina smiles when she sees the Occamy; right after the shot of Dougal feeding it a sweet, there’s a shot of her smiling like “oh wow”, totally amazed and awed.
- This one is obvious but still: Newt and Tina both crying at Queenie and Jacob’s goodbye/kiss.
- That ending scene at the docks: Tina actually lets a tear go. It’s a single tear - up until that point she holds it in. I think it’s when Newt says “would you mind if I gave you your copy in person?” that a tear falls down her face - a happy tear, like “yes I would love that, I’m so happy he’ll come back”. (Kudos to Katherine on her acting in that scene OMG)