Hello! My birthday is April 3rd and I was wondering if I could request a drabble. I love arranged marriage fics but any type of Everlark drabble will do. Thank you!
Wishing you a fabulous birthday! To help you celebrate, the always amazing @dandeliononfire has crafted this wonderful little slice of Everlark, just for you! Enjoy!
Rating: T for this chapter
A/N: Happy birthday on installment! Here is part 1, with the rest of the story soon to follow! This “drabble” was going to be bittersweet, but for a number of reasons it became a five-chapter story with angst, bittersweet, and (yes, gasp!) happy/playful. (The title “geometry” will start making sense as of the next installment.) I hope you have a great day today!
Contract for Marriage
Heretofore exchange Graham Mellark, father of Peeta Mellark, and Lily Everdeen, widow of James Everdeen and sole legal guardian of the minors Katniss Everdeen and Primrose Everdeen, the following pledges for the marriage of Katniss Everdeen to Peeta Mellark as follows:
- Graham Mellark shall ensure his son, Peeta Mellark, a male recently turned eighteen years, both marries Katniss Everdeen, a female of seventeen years, and assumes the role of legal guardian for Primrose Everdeen.
- In exchange, Lily Everdeen shall convey the Everdeen home, property and all her personal possessions, to Peeta Mellark.
- Graham Mellark further promises to employ Peeta Mellark for reasonable wages for the purpose of providing for Katniss and Primrose Everdeen, paid as a mix of food stores and monies, for a period of at least five years following the date of said marriage.
- Graham Mellark further promises to provide new school clothes for Primrose Mellark at the start of every school term.
- Graham Mellark further promises to pay Katniss Everdeen the sum of Fifty Credits within a day of said marriage.
- Graham Mellark further promises the Mellark Bakery will purchase goat cheese exclusively from Primrose Everdeen, at market rate, up to the weight of three stones a month as supplies allow, for a period of at least five years following the date of said marriage.
There’re signature blocks, signed by Katiss’ mom and my dad. There’s a stamp of “accepted,” and official filing notations at the bottom, and I also recognize Mayor Undersee’s signature too.
It’s official, apparently in all ways except for Katniss’ and my forced vows.
Vows I found out less than an hour ago we’d be making.