Holiday in Duckburg (1989). A Carl Barks painting featuring a few of his original characters: Uncle Scrooge, Magica De Spell, the Beagle Boys, Gladstone Gander, Gyro Gearloose, and Flintheart Glomgold.
Glomgold first appeared in one of my own favorite stories, The Second-Richest Duck (1956).
Somewhere out there were multiple exy fans who watched Neil get a backliner off his ass by ducking at the last minute and forcing the kid to collide head first into plexiglass and went, “Him. He’s my favorite”
Une des choses que j'aime le plus en français, c'est les expressions qui nous paraissent normale à nous qui sommes habitués mais qui ne veulent absolument rien dire si on les traduit dans n'importe quelle autre langue.
One of the things I like the most in French are the totally weird expression which seems normal for us but don’t mean anything in any other language
( and YES I don’t know how many times I’ve gotten weird looks from English friends because: no, “ It’s like peeing in a violin” isn’t something that make sense in English)
So yeah in honour of this day, here are some of my favourite ( with approximate traditions )
- être copain comme cochon / friends like pig -> being best friends
- “ t'es con comme un balais” / “you’re as dumb as a broom” -> you’re a fucking idiot
- “vas te faire cuire un œuf!” / “ go and Cook yourself an egg” - > fuck off
- “ Elle pète plus haut que son cul” / “ she farts above her ass” -> she’s full of herself
- “ on s'en fout comme de l'en 40” / “ It’s as relevant as the 40’s ” -> I don’t give a shit about that
- “ je vais péter les plomb!” / “ I’m gonna break a fuse” -> go crazy
- avoir le cul bordé de nouilles / to have one’s ass filled with noodle -> be lucky
- “ça casse pas trois pattes à un canard” / it doesn’t break three legs to a duck -> it isn’t that extraordinary
And my favorite:
- “ouais c'est ça et mon cul c'est du poulet!” / “yeah right and my ass is made of chicken” -> I know you’re lying
My brother and I were talking about the new Ducktales and when we heard Darkwing was confirmed, we got to admitting that if he showed up, we’d rather not see him as Darkwing.
It’d just be way more fun to have Launchpad have this “Great buddy” named Drake whose daughter Gosalyn he looks after from time to time. And occasionally has to drop everything immediately “Right now! Gotta go! Sorry!” before running out the door.
And when everyone finally meets Drake, he’s constantly telling Launchpad what to do and Launchpad’s still in his early hero-worship phase so he’s falling all over himself and nearly calling him “DW” once or twice.
Scrooge, Donald & everyone else just assumes Drake is his boyfriend and Launchpad is whipped.
At least one person tries to tell Launchpad that he “deserves better” and “Man, Mr. Mallard bosses you around a lot. Doesn’t that bother you?”
Then Darkwing gets the spin off show he deserves and we have the opposite: Launchpad constantly going off to his other job and Darkwing getting frustrated his pilot isn’t around. :P
from “a financial fable,” which i actually have posted panels from before, but now in the present time @modmad has fuckin gotten me to pay more attention to gladstone goddammit, and this is a rare instance of some friendly donald and gladstone stuff going on and it’s cute even though they’re suffering.
TAZ Lady Week is coming up so I needed a Killian design I actually liked, considering she is my fav and all! Muscle for STRONG but padding for GOOD CUDDLING W/BLUE DRAGONBORNS. I see lots of mistakes here but hopefully I’ll draw her enough to hammer those out. You should check it out and participate maybe?
I also put in my 3 favorite duck breeds because she deserves to be happy. They are a dutch hookbill, a call duck, and an indian runner. Listen. My dog is actually a duck. I bet ducks are the only dogs that don’t run off the moon and if they do, they can fly. Give the orc a duck.