ASOUE Modern AU + The Baudelaires and the Quagmires living together in an apartment and being happy
•The Quagmires just show up at the Baudelaires’ door one day. They don’t like to talk about whatever happened in The Great Unknown, and the Baudelaires don’t ask. They just sort of settle in.
•They have one bookshelf but G-d knows it doesn’t hold all of them. Isadora keeps her poetry books in a box under the bed in the room she shares with Violet, Beatrice, and Sunny. Klaus keeps various books everywhere, under the couch cushions, in the cupboards with the plates, everywhere. Violet acts like she minds it, and tries to get Klaus to clean them up once in a while, but secretly she enjoys it. She’s never enjoyed libraries as much as her brother, but after libraries saved her more than a few times, she found that she didn’t quite mind that her whole home has become one.
•Sunny starts kindergarten that year, and Violet feels uneasy leaving her with someone else. But she has a job now, in a local garage, and she’s suddenly busy with carburetors and jumper cables and her coworkers who always have a funny story to tell about their kids. Klaus and Duncan and Quigley and Isadora are all in their last years of high school, but they have after school jobs as well. Violet gets her GED online, and she gets out of work early enough to pick Beatrice up from Pre-School every day. They fall into something of a routine.
•The days are easy, but the nights are a little harder. Violet can sometimes hear the boys cry out in the other room, the sounds of a night terror leaving them, some unknown monster that they’re fighting in their own minds. Duncan sleepwalks on the worst nights and Violet gently guides him back to bed. Isadora never cries out, she just whimpers and shifts in her bed, but Violet always wakes up anyways. Sunny doesn’t get them. Beatrice murmers for her mother in her sleep.
•The apartment always fills with the smell of Sunny’s cooking. Her flair for food only grows as she gets older. On Passover, the Quagmires’ first with the Baudelaires, they sit down at their table with the Seder plate in the middle and the Afikomen hidden somewhere amongst the clutter of their apartment. Violet immediately picks out the smells of different foods, like the Gefilte fish and the Maror, but mostly she smells the Matzo Ball Soup and her eyes fill with tears as she remembers her mother’s and how it never failed to warm her up in the rainy month of April.
•Violet sits on the fire escape with Quigley, her hand in his, as they look down at the alley below them. She remembers a moment, forever ago, when they sat on a similar ledge and watched the moonlight glisten on the snow-topped mountains. “It’s a very lovely view,” Violet says, only once more. “Very lovely indeed,” was the reply. Violet realized then that he wasn’t looking at the alley.
•Life for the Baudelaire-Quagmire family is crazy. It’s all spilled coffee and dog-eared pages and lost socks and nights spent in a pile on the couch and school projects and helping hands and fire escapes and everything that they always wanted for themselves. It’s home, and they’re still getting used to having one again. But the best part about it, is that it’s the easiest thing they’ve done in a long time, and bad memories are almost forgotten.
- being called his “doll”, and an assortment of other dorky nicknames and pet-names
- visiting vintage cafés and restaurants together
- semi-possessive hugs
- movie nights and netflix binges when he has nightmares
- picking out the worst romcom you can, cuddling on the couch together under a fleece blanket
- laughing so hard you tire yourself out, falling asleep wrapped in one another’s arms on the couch
- cute diy projects and ikea frustration
- learning russian so you can make fun of tony, in front of said genius billionaire playboy philanthropist
- nat being the only one who can understand you two, and joining in sometimes
- at first, when he’s trying to teach you russian, he can’t stop laughing because you sound so cute trying to pronounce the words
- when you inevitably tell him off for it, he just laughs a bit more and pulls you into a big hug, murmuring into your hair that he’s sorry but he can’t hold back the giggles because you sound so darn cute
- calling him “sergeant”
- being the only one allowed to call him “james”
- helping him pull pranks on sam
- being steve’s bffffffffl
- lots of tiny, cute, and random gifts
- not training together because he gets kinda hot and bothered
- never going on missions unless you’re together, because you need to make sure you’re both safe
- drinking coffee together, and having one another’s orders perfectly memorized
- surprising each other with dates
- constant hugging
- scary movies
- lots of cuddling
- sharing your deepest secrets
- sometimes, in the middle of the night, you’re both lying awake in bed because of the nightmares
- you’re always the first to move; you lay your head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat
- he hugs you after a bit and you both drift off; it’s pure bliss
- staying in bed for hours after you wake up
- sneaking pictures of him when he’s not paying attention
- putting his hair in a man bun
- some days, he lets you braid it
- being the center of his attention
- being bucky’s absolute best friend, no matter what
whelp I saw this in my old file I never finished it and decided not to color it because I got so much shit to do (couch comic pages and a new project couch) but I wanted to atleast finish the sketches and maybe finish some of the scraped ones as wel l later, anyway
I really loved @enne01 disney princessandthefrog au with the Skeleton characters it inspired me and some time ago I went to Beauty and the Beast Musical with @kamenmango anddd…the rest is history : D
Basically in this parody Sans is Belle, Underfell Papyrus is Gaston, ( i mean come on this is perfect) Underfell Sans is LeFou because only he can enjoy the beatings of GastonPapyus, I first wanted Gaster as Maurice, but I thought it be more cute if UndertalePapyrus was just Sans’s brother who wanted to enter a cooking contest, and then there is Undeswap Sans and Papyrus as
Lumière desinged by @maple-and-pie who also helped me with the parody when we watched the Disney animated version ; D
and I couldn’t decide who the beast would be and thanks to @sweetsinnerchild who made the suggestion it should be Underswapfelll Papyrus, (btw guys check out her page she has many many good froncest fanfics!) (I need to design that beast form one day and finish the other desings of Toriel and Frisk as
Mrs. Potts and Chip