K-fan’s opinions on intl.fan’s negative sides and recoloring.
Source: Twitter, etc.
(Lots of slang used)
-F*ck I dont know a lot but you don’t know much either so I wish you just shut up. Instead of sending hate why don’t you support them? It always doesn’t work out for you because you try to fit in every small details into your pathetic imagines.I feel pity for international fans.
-I decided to stop calling international fans i-cockroaches or anything. They are a group in which a majority of them are uneducated and self-centered. I always try to respect them as minorities (in the fandom culture) but they’re always ignorant shits recoloring people darkly.
-her(Korean photo editing Twitter account user name) edits are prettyㅠㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠthat i-roach is acting weird
-i-roach’s acts are hella funnyㅋㅋㅋwhere’s all the people that said “this is racism!“when seungcheol and seungkwan(member of seventeen) used a dialect? It looks like you recoloring these guy’s skintone and making them darker is more racistㅋㅋㅋ
-international fans..are being too delusional on public…I’m getting so much secondhand embarrassment..go do that somewhere else secretly;;
-if you want to edit these photos fly to korea and take the photos by yourself I- roach
-F*ck I don’t even understand one bit and it’s not because of the pale editing we’re mad because they’re editing originally pale guys yellow af. I-roach strikes again whew
-international fans are pro at bringing up female idols with male idols…I really don’t want to call them international roaches but..
- today i’ll edit photos like i-roach girls doㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
-I’ve liked a person overseas so I don’t like calling people I-roaches but they act stupid on strange topics (for example recoloring and recoloring and recoloring) you’ve gone too far
-I-roaches I think you keep doing shit like this because you haven’t seen whoever you’re recoloring very closely in real life but they are way more similar with the “whitewashed” pictures^^ wake up bitch
-Last time when I was editing I got cussed by an i-roachㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋit sure is a harsh world to live in~ (she is saying it in a sarcastic way. )
- I don’t know if that intl.fan saw idols in real life in Korea but as far as I know everyone that i’ve seen in real life doesn’t have skin tones like these
- if the idols’ real skintones were like how i-roaches colored my skin color would look like a mix of a brownish brick and orange juice
- (international fans are) cussing and being mad about why they(the idols) aren’t being up on stage because the high-touch event is cancelledㅋㅋㅋrecoloring our singers darkly and sending cuss words and death threats through direct message; the reason why international fans are getting hated is because of minor i-roaches (that are acting rudely) like youㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- K-POP (used sarcastically) western fanatics are color correcting the photos that korean idol photographers took with a yellow filterㅋㅋㅋㅋsaying that you shouldn’t be afraid of being the yellow race (Asian)ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ do you even have any basic knowledge you should be embarrassed of yourself all they do is have delusions; well this is what an i-roach is
- i-roach…thanks for depositing your money into their (idols) bank but color-correcting them darkly , posting bullshit in their instagram comments and messaging inappropriate jokes can’t be forgiven^^
- i-roaches’s uncivilized ways might be coming from the sadness of them not being able to see them in real life..
that liberating feeling when
their ‘oppas’ that they thought “are they really that fair? aren’t korean fans just whitewashing them?” were really fair in real life
- racism and i-roaches were trending on twitter so i took a look at it and it turns out k-pop western fans were editing the photos korean ppl took yellowㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋthey say we’re into white supremacy and being racist/colorist but hello we’ve been preferring fairer skin since the ancient times
-try recoloring this pic i-roach
My opinions in general:
I might come off as rude to some of you guys but i do agree on all of these. I’m seeing all these international fans complaining about what they call “whitewashing” and how they should appreciate their “natural skin color”, as a korean person living in korea i have something to clear up and most koreans think this way too. Please spread this and help international fans know better about this issue.
• Whenever i see the ‘recolored pictures’ of kpop idols, they are WAY darker than their original skin tone. recoloring skin tones aren’t ‘appreciating their natural skin tones’. it’s just the petition of some people wanting their skin to be darker than what they already have; it seems like some countries prefer tanned skin better than pale skin. you can’t call that ‘appreciating their natural skin tone, can you?
• Their skin tones varies from the stage lightings, weather, and more. Koreans’ skin tones even changes during the day. Koreans skin tone ranges, if i had to add details, as pale as a red headed Irish girl, and some are pretty dark. Saying that idols can’t be fair and should be tanned just because they’re Asian is just plain ignorant. Everyone in my school basically laughed at this idea.
• The main reason why Korean fansites “whitewash” is too make the whole image brighter, clearer and give a fresher image to the photo.Of course we know that some white filters we use for these effects are too pale to be their own skin color; how could we not know? We aren’t trying to prove that these idols’ actual skin colors looks as pale as a sheet of paper.
• The idols who get “made fun of” their skin tones by their members don’t take it seriously either. It’s quite funny how people over exaggerate how the idol feels about it. In my class in korea, people do make jokes about skin tones often,both when peoples skin tones are too pale or dark. They don’t take it that seriously.
Just because we think that dark skin doesn’t look very good on us sometimes doesn’t mean that we hate it. Dark skin is often seen as a person’s charm too, it’s just that we think some people can’t pull it off well. If we hated dark skin completely, why would we think that Beyoncé, Rihanna and many other dark skinned people are beautiful? Why would tan idols like Hyorin, Kai and Seolhyun be popular here? Why would some idols go for artificial tanning? We would never have less feelings of an idol member in a group just because he/she is darker than the rest. Don’t make us look more colorist than we really are, please. You’re just making a big deal out of nothing. It’s not that serious here. After all, you guys are only looking at us from the outside not knowing well.
• For the hundredth time, it’s called cultural difference.our beauty standards are different than whatever your countries are?
• Take some time to look at the base makeup/foundation skin tones of Korean cosmetics. They aren’t made for very dark skin tones yet, which means skin tones like some recoloring blogs portray as are pretty hard to find.
• We have met them in real life. I have seen kpop idols more than 10 times. How are you people so sure about this? Just because you’re Asian doesn’t mean you know better either. We know our people. It’s OUR CULTURE, not something you can define by yourself.
• Have you lived here for a long time? Do you know us? Did you do any research on lightings and more? I doubt this. Some idols are pretty tan but saying that EVERYONE is tan is just a plain streotype thinking that all asians are yellow and tan.
• Don’t change it like they have darker skin tones and spread lies. Like Korean culture in general if you can accept our ways of doing things. Sure, we appreciate people liking our music and all, but if all international fans are going to do is cause problems and represent our country in a bad way, don’t stan please.
If any of you have anything to say about this, share your opinions in a well mannered way. I’ve had enough of the people using cuss words at me and being rude when we’ve never even met. If you’re going to be disrespectful towards a person that you’ve never even met, all I’m going to do is look down on you and not even try to understand you at all.