This fanmix is inspired by masksarehot’s lovely fanfiction, The Cave. I’ve chosen each song very carefully, and each song was chosen with a specific event in mind. Some of the songs on this mix may fit show-canon Amorra, but again, this fanmix is centered around The Cave canon. Album cover made by my best friend, George. Thank you both. xoxo (I had originally intended to provide a download link for this fanmix, but my computer has not been cooperating with me recently. Instead, I’ve provided youtube links for each song. Sorry for the inconvenience.)01. Intro - The XX
02. Eyes On Fire - Blue Foundation ~ I seek you out, flay you alive. One more word and you won’t survive. And I’m not scared of your stolen power, see right through you any hour. ~ I won’t soothe your pain, I won’t ease your strain, you’ll be waiting in vain, I got nothing for you to gain.
03. Breath Of Life - Florence + The Machine ~ Whose side am I on? And the fever began to spread, from my heart down to my legs, but the room is so quiet. ~ And my heart is a hollow plain, for the devil to dance again, and the room is too quiet.
04. Armistice - Phoenix ~And when the lights are cutting out, and I come down in your room, our daily compromise, it is written in your signed armistice. ~ For lovers in a rush, for lovers always. For lovers in a rush, keeping promises.
05. One Red Thread - Blind Pilot ~ I can remember the age that I was, but not the story that pumped in my blood. When you were the savior and I was the taker of. ~ From the minute that line got drawn, I couldn’t see straight to you for nothing. Now me, I’m the poisoning one.
06. Breathe Me - Sia ~ Ouch, I have lost myself again. Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found. Yeah, I think that I might break, I’ve lost myself and and I feel so unsafe. ~ Be my friend, hold me. Wrap me up, unfold me. I am small, I’m needy. Warm me up, and breathe me.
07. No Light, No Light - Florence + The Machine ~ No light, no light, in your bright blue eyes, I never knew daylight could be so violent. A revelation in the light of day, you can’t choose what stays and what fades away. ~ ‘Cause it’s so easy to say it to a crowd, but it’s so hard, my love, to say it to you outloud.
08. Hearts A Mess - Gotye ~ Pick apart the pieces of your heart and let me peer inside. Let me in, where only your thoughts have been. Let me occupy your mind, as you do mine. ~ Your heart’s a mess, you won’t admit to it. It makes no sense, but I’m desperate to connect and you, you can’t live like this.
09. Signs - Bloc Party ~ It was so like you to visit me, to let me know you were okay. It was so like you to visit me, always worrying about someone else. ~ I see signs now, all the time, that you’re not dead, you’re sleeping. I believe in anything that brings you back home to me.
10. Outro - M83 ~ I’m the king of my own land. Facing tempests of dust, I’ll fight until the end. Creatures of my dreams, raise up and dance with me. Now and forever, I’m your king.