tbfh i’ve always had the hc that out of every apprentice/mentor type of relationship, the relationship that a medicine cat has w/ their apprentice is like,,, the closest in the clan. like meddie cat apprentices are there w/ their mentors until that mentors death, they never leave their side, they share a den, etc, so often they get along really well
- yellowfang & cinderpelt got along super well once cinderpelt got into the grove of learning; yellowfang was like her grandma ok. yellowfang and her shared a nest sometimes when yellowfang would have bad dreams about her life in shadowclan, and yellowfang accidentally called her “my little tadpole” which is a BIG shadowclan-like sign of affection, and cinderpelt loves her mentor w/ her whole heart
- willowshine is sorta like mothwing’s lil sis??? like, willowshine became her apprentice right after hawkfrost’s death - and mothwing was quite understandably broken up and upset over her brother’s death. willowshine was there for her and became one of her best friends and like a little sister to her; willowshine helps her by giving her herbs for headaches and to help her sleep, etc.
- kestrelflight was sorta like this talkative, happy ball of sunshine when barkface mentored him; kestrelflight REALLY admired barkface so much and thought he was a really cool mentor - he was sorta like kestrel’s grandpa. barkface was gentle w/ kestrelflight and would help him focus back on herbs when kestrelflight got off track, and kestrelflight was really broken up when barkface eventually passed
- o man featherwhisker,,, he put up w/ lots as goosefeather’s apprentice and had to do stuff on his own a lot, but he was EXTREMELY loyal to his mentor and loved him a lot. like featherwhisker never wanted to hear a bad word about goosefeather and would defend him whenever someone would mock goosefeather; featherwhisker did see that goosefeather had trouble w/ his memory and that he was a little lost sometimes, but he always gave goosefeather time to himself when he needed it
- littlecloud was so proud of flametail when he became his apprentice; flametail grew taller than him in just a few moons, so littlecloud couldn’t give him the nose nuzzles like he used to be able to, but littlecloud was SO proud of him. like he would and still did - even after flametail’s death - brag about his apprentice and how proud he was of him. littlecloud was sorta lost in grief after flametail’s death, to the point where he never sought out an apprentice - even if a cat showed interest, littlecloud didn’t want to replace flametail