• Don’t wash hair too often. Once a week, bi-weekly, or monthly is best. Use a sulfate-free shampoo because sulfate is a cleaning agent that strips all of the natural oils and moisture from the hair.
• Co-wash (washing with conditioner) to refresh hair between shampoo washes. This will cleanse the hair while adding moisture. Two of my favorites are Eden BodyWorks All Natural Cleansing Cowash and Creme of Nature Pure-licious Cowash Cleansing Conditioner.
• Keep hair moisturized. Dry, brittle hair will break off and frizz up, thus halting hair growth. My favorite leave-in conditioner is Shea Moisture’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner. It keeps my hair soft and moisturized for days!
• Use natural oils to seal moisture into hair after applying leave-in conditioner, and on the scalp to stimulate hair growth. For thick hair like mine, I like to use olive oil. Jojoba oil is also great for using on the scalp and hair as it is the closest natural oil to the sebum our skin produces. Coconut, avocado, castor, and grapeseed oil are also good.
• Deep condition at least once a week for 30 minutes to an hour. Deep conditioning the hair is vital to keeping it strong and moisturized. Shea Moisture and Eden BodyWorks make great ones.
• Sleep with a satin scarf/bonnet on or sleep on a satin pillowcase. Cotton pillowcases suck all the moisture out of your hair and create breakage and frizz.
• Detangle hair only when damp with water or conditioner. Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers and BE GENTLE.
• Avoid styling your hair everyday and avoid tight hair styles that put strain on your edges and nape hair. Low manipulation is key.
• Drink a lot of water and eat a healthy diet rich in protein, iron, zinc, and Vitamins A, E, D, and B.
• Take a multi-vitamin daily and/or a hair growth vitamin.
let’s all take a break from this and talk about some Important Discourse:
-who wore The Shoes?
-does savic really have angles?
-how much are you willing to pay for theo griezmann to shut up?
-which was more iconic: ballgate or headsetgate?
-what oils do you think filipe uses on his hair?
Castor oil plant (Ricinus communis) from Maria Sibylla’s Metamorphosis Insectorum Surinamensium.
In 2007 edition of Guinness World Records the castor oil plant was named the most poisonous plant in the world. Just 4-8 seeds are enough to kill a grown person. The toxicity of this plant is due to the ricin it contains. Ricin is a chemical compound that inhibits ribosomes in the cells. As ribosomes are the molecules which produce proteins in the cells, once ricin interacts with ribosomes the protein production stops and it eventually kills the cell.
Extracts of castor oil plant have been widely used both as medicine and as poison. Under the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention ricin is marked as a schedule 1 controlled substance. Over the course of history ricin has been considered for use as a biological weapon as a part of bombs and bullets. In medicine ricin has been used in experiments involving cancer tumor treatment and improvement of vaccine immunogenicity.
he Arch of Augustus was the triumphal arch of Augustus, located in the Roman Forum. It spanned the road between the Temple of Castor and Pollux and the Temple of Caesar, near the Temple of Vesta. It commemorated the return of the Parthian standards and replaced the earlier Arch of Octavian built on the same spot in 29 BC, to commemorate the Battle of Actium (31 BC) against Mark Antony and Cleopatra.