1. The friends you have at the beginning of the year can completely change by the end of it. People change, and if they aren’t improving your life in some way, it’s okay to drop them.
2. Take many pictures. Don’t let it take over your life, though. You don’t want to look back and see that you only captured your memories with your camera lens and not within your mind and heart.
3. Find your safe place. Whether it be in the arms of a certain person or on the balcony of Barnes and Nobles with a cup of soup, find it and don’t let it go. You can have more than one safe place.
4. Be nice to everyone. You honestly don’t know what skeletons people are hiding in their closets. Everyone has their skeleton. Every person on this earth has something in their life or past worth collapsing on the ground in uncontrollable sobs over.
5. Reading is so important. Highlight the things that you read that you find intriguing. Read a lot, it can only do good things for you.
6. Writing always helps.
7. The girl with anxiety has the deepest thoughts. The autistic boy has the kindest heart, and the schizophrenic has the ability to put a smile on your face in seconds. Do not judge character based on a mental illness.
8. Music has an indescribable ability to connect and heal. Let it do its thing.
9. Her prettiness doesn’t make your prettiness any less pretty.
10. Getting close and letting someone in is scary as hell. You know what else it is? Worth it.
11. The minute you feel your happiness being dictated by someone else, take a break from them.
12. Adventuring is a must. Sunsets always help the soul, showing that endings can be as beautiful as beginnings.
13. Spend more time with your parents doing things they enjoy. Later in life, you’ll be wishing you’d spent more time with them than on your Netflix account.
14. Home is not always a place, but whatever you love with your whole heart. I have many homes, and it’s okay if one home doesn’t feel like home anymore.
15. Making someone smile and feel genuinely happy has the ability to warm your heart from the inside out. No matter how much pain someone is going through, you made them forget about it for a few seconds. Isn’t that something?
16. Feel everything and let it hurt, but don’t go back to what broke you.
17. Don’t let fear hold you back from what you want. The view from the other side is spectacular.
18. Tell people how you feel. Even if you’re scared it’ll burn your life to the ground. You say it loud.
19. You find the most extraordinary things in the most ordinary places.
20. Swollen lips and sweaty “I want you’s” can make you feel again, but I don’t want to feel anything if it means having to sit there feeling like the wind is constantly being knocked out of me when he stops calling back.
21. Sometimes the way you think of someone isn’t the way they actually are.
22. Never underestimate the amount of joy the holiday season can bring you. Try and find ways to feel that way all year long.
23. Timing is never going to be perfect; if you care about something enough, you’ll make the time. It’s all about priorities.
24. If women used their words to build each other up instead of tearing each other down, our world would change drastically.
25. Recovery can take 2 weeks or 5 years. You aren’t any less of a person if it takes you longer to find a way to let go of what’s hurting your heart.
26. You only need yourself, but having people by your side trying to understand means a lot more than you might think.
27. You find your truest friends in your darkest hours.
28. You can feel the whole world in a month and nothing after 2 years. Time does not define love.
29. Always say yes to dessert.
30. Concerts make life worth living. So does yelling your favorite song along with your best friend in the car with your best friend with hands intertwined. These are things that show you that you don’t need to be on drugs to feel invincible.
31. So does kissing.
emmuuhhhhh, 31 Things I’ve Learned Coming Into 2016
phil’s agenda for taking creepshots of dan is capturing memories of the most fun and important moments of their lives so that they can look back fondly on them and remember all the good times they had together
I never pay much, if any, attention to my phone while at shows because I would rather live in the moment. Regardless of that, I still want to capture memories of concerts I attend without looking at my phone screen. My method is to hit record, keep my phone close and hope I catch something special. This photo being that aforementioned special moment. As the spotlight shined down on Billie Joe in front of 18,000 people during King For A Day we shared a smile, a laugh and some playful gestures. If I felt any more joy in my heart it would have exploded. Personal moments like these are why I plant myself on gross sidewalks for an ungodly amount of time and endure near hypothermia for Green Day concerts. This right here is my everything. 💚
at six in the morning by Rona Keller Via Flickr: over the horizon
through the trees
into my home
My favourite light in the world at this point in time is these spots on my wall in the early morning. ✨
1.Taehyung was seen kneeling in the train track alone.
He was paying respect to Jin that had pass away and was also trying to reminiscences the time the 7 of them enjoyed on the train ride.
2. Which pans out to a scene of the train track which could suggest a ride back to the past.
3. Jungkook on train and jimin at sea alone which shows the aftermath of Jin’s death. They 6 friends are separated from each other wanting to be alone and paying their respects to Jin in their own ways.
4. Rapmon’s Lyrics : Miss you (they miss jin and the times they were together.
Time’s cruel (further emphasis on jin’s death)
Seeing each other for once is now so hard between us. (Suggest that they split up after jin’s death and also the 6 of them never met up after his death)
5. First appearance of omelas : it's bright with people suggest the happiness of the 7 friends
No vancany because they are happy with just 7 people it’s more enough to create happiness in their omelas and true enough it is supported by the time they spend playing around in their happy sphere of bubble: omelas.
6. Staircase scene. Jin was the only one not on the stairs and not moving which is the reason why i suspect his dead and him holding up an invisible Polaroid where he always capture the moments he had with his friends but he is no longer able to continue his journey with them therefore he didn't follow up the stairs because he has to go.
He was trying to capture the last moment with them using his eyes and a fake Polaroid.
7. Jungkook and his ynwa merry-go-round. V alone on train track and jimin at beach. Everyone is alone. He was also reminising about the past and was alone because he misses jin and his friends which went separate ways after his death.
8. Omelas with only rapper line out front in winter. They don’t look happy because they wanted to leave this so called fake ‘happiness’ ‘paradise’ after Jin’s death.
9. Taehyung foreshadowing jin’s death with fake camera in his hands.
10..Jimin with shoes at the beach contrasted to Jin not wearing shoes in WINGS and wearing a white shoe in run concept photos because you don’t need shoes if you are dead in reality (wings) but you need shoes if you live in heaven (run)
11. Jin with washing machine. And his photo is like literally in the washing machine. More memories of jin and members. Because jin washes their clothes for them. Now he is dead so the clothes piled up as no one is there to wash for them.
12. Jhope turn to reminise about the past and eveb have a paper plane to send a letter to Jin above. Because he wants to communicate to jin in heaven so they always look up in concept photos too.
13. Staircase scene..now jin is alone because his friends have all left him. He has nothing to capture as memories and put down his fake camera.
14. Jungkook tried to find his friends and ended up at omelas now with a dark aura and no vacancy suggesting that their happy moment is no longer available. The word play on’ no vacancy’ and the contrast in color of the 'omelas’ suggest the end of their most beautiful moment in life.
15. He ran to places they have been before..from train to washing machine. Finally met his friends but was all but a memory.
Taehyung’s lyrics: you know it all you are my bestfriend. (This is an ultimate way of suggesting jin’s death)
16. Jungkook with his match sticks. Namjoon in train alone. Jungkook was alone at first but relight so his matchstick and was with his friends.
17. Jimin beckoning them to come to the fields.
Because lyrics “ i will come for you (jin)” and “no season last forever”
18. Jimin place the shoes to commemorate or remind them of Jin on a tree. And they members are now all back together looking fondly at the tree.
The last scene the tree at cherry blossoms. “Until the cherry blossoms” so maybe jin died in winter and they had a rough time but now spring is finally here as you can see cherry blossoms near the trees and they are back together as 7 members.
19. If you count the last scene where there is the tree and only 6 people on the ground in the shade of the tree. Jin is still watching over them.
Because in the end: You never walk alone.
Omggggg. I am soo dead..gosh damn i cannot take this. 💯 for bts and bighit.
Okay then again this time around the mvs isn’t as tricky but it’s just my theory. There can be 101 more interpretation. Also it’s just based on the spring day mv. So i believe there is a deeper insight. I will wait for not today to come out too. Okayy. I am soo tired. And well overwhelmed. 😢😙❤
I really love your writing and now I'm pan for vanderwood i hope you're happy >:3 If it's no trouble, could you please write rfa + minor trio reacting to a usually hyper and happy mc feeling really down (because they feel misunderstood or got triggered)? I hope I don't bother you with that request, I could just really use some love and care from the baes ^^;; Love and hugs, have a wonderful day!
✿ *cracks knuckles* Boy, it’s been awhile, huh? I polished off my finals a few days ago, and while I won’t be churning headcanons out at a super fast rate, I thought it was time I give this blog some TLC!
His brain goes into terror-alert mode when you don’t tackle-hug him the minute he gets home from work. Living with you is sort of like living with a hyperactive puppy, and his first thought is, oh god, are you dead? Did you slip and fall in the shower? Did aliens kidnap you and are now experimenting on your lifeless body? W h e r e a r e y o u.
The answer to “where are you” is “in the bedroom, having a lie-down”. He breathes a sigh of relief when you turn over and look at him, but still, that weak way you smile as you say hey leaves him concerned.
He immediately asks you what’s wrong. Are you feeling sick? Should he get you anything? Do you have a cold? Have you been eating enough fruit? Have you…–??
This manages to make you laugh a bit, and you sit up enough so you can pull him back down to the bed. You just want a hug, you say. And some comfort.
Yoosung is happy to oblige. After all, he’s a vet, isn’t he? He’ll always take care of you, his adorable little angel.
When Zen finds you staring absently out the window, his first cheer-up attempt is to call you by every pet name he knows. Starshine! Sugardrop! Love! Darling! Gooey-sweetie-snuggle-bottom hunie bear!
(you smack him lightly for that last one.)
Next, he tries every pick up line he knows. He compares your beauty to the moon shining on the lake, he recites poetry, he even sings you a little sonnet, and when he finally gets you to smile a little, he asks you what’s wrong.
(he wanted to make whatever it was feel a little less fresh before you talked about it, after all.)
He takes you on a motorcycle ride after, since that always helped distract him - though he obeys all the road laws on this one, because his precious, precious blossom is with him right now. He takes you out to one of his special places, and he helps you forget whatever it was that upset you.
It’s hard to be unhappy when the warm wind is on your face and a handsome man is at your side.
She finds you in the closet of the bakery, and you apologize, because you wanted to be better before she found you. You didn’t want to bother her. You know that you’re supposed to be the happy one, the cheerful one, the person rooting her on and keeping her sane when the world is building up around her.
She tells you that’s nonsense, brings you a cup of tea and a new cake she’s working on, and asks you to tell her what’s wrong.
Jaehee is so good at listening. She’s careful, attentive, and treats everything you say seriously. She never makes fun of you, or tells you that you’re overreacting or silly.
Jaehee would probably dropkick your problems if she could, but she can’t, so she settles for hugging you, petting your hair gently, before bringing you another drink and some of the flowers from the rosebushes outside.
You try to smile at Jumin when he comes home, and you’re doing so well, but then everything cracks apart, your smile falters, and you find you’re sobbing on the couch with a baffled Jumin in the doorway.
He only stands still for a moment. He literally VAULTS OVER THE CHAIR because it is the FASTEST PATH TOO YOU, and if you weren’t emotionally compromised, it would have been hilarious to see this man in a ten-thousand dollar suit act like a college track star.
He basically scoops you up, much like you’re a cat, and he tells you to tell him e v e r y t h i n g. When you say you don’t want to trouble him, you know how much it means to him to have you waiting at home for him, all cheerful and happy, he says that is NONSENSE. It isn’t you being cheerful that makes him happy, it’s you being you that does. And sometimes you’re going to be sad.
And he’s going to make you feel better when you are.
Seven knows immediately that your smile is forced. How could he not? He’s faked so many smiles over his years of being alive that he’s become all-too able to recognize the same expression on someone else’s face.
He doesn’t want to force it out of you, so he turns off the lights suddenly, leaving the star-shaped lights you have suspended from the ceiling as the only thing illuminating the room, and then pulls you up to dance.
He twirls you, spins you, is surprisingly graceful with you, despite being a total and complete nerd - though, he was a former secret agent, perhaps dancing came with the job. And you don’t have to pretend, you don’t have to say anything, you just have to… dance.
It helps. And when he holds you, during the ‘slow dance’ portion, you tell him what’s wrong as he rubs your back gently. And then you dance some more, because the world keeps spinning, despite the trials and tribulations you have to undergo.
You reminded Seven that he had a future, and now it’s his turn to remind you that you have one too.
V sits with you quietly and never blames you, even though you know he’s been through so much already and shouldn’t have to deal with your shit. You should be happy! You should be cheerful! You ARE genuinely happy and cheerful most of the time, taking him on dates and bringing the world to him, but today you just… can’t.
You can’t. You feel guilty, but you can’t.
He tells you that it is not your fault. You are human. You are allowed to be sad. You tell him all these things, and the same applies to you, too. He bops your nose with his finger when you try to protest, and you lean against him, letting him hold you and gently rub your shoulder.
After awhile, he brings out his phone, and he shows you all of the cute animal photos he’s taken over the years. It’s hard for him now, but he has so many memories captured on his various memory cards, and he shares them with you in a quiet room and a fond voice.
Saeran doesn’t know how to comfort you, so he makes a dozen pancakes using the container of Bisquick you have into the cabinet and then shoves one into your face like a burrito.
“What was that for,” you ask, after you’ve managed to chew and swallow, and he just puts another directly into your mouth, effectively using it as a fluffy batter gag.
You eat that one too, staring directly at him the entire time.
“Are you feeling better,” he asks once you’re finished, and you reply that you’re mostly just really confused.
One of the websites he’d read said that making pancakes for people was an expression of love, so he figured that would be enough to make you feel better, right?
You eat fruit to get better from a cold, so love should help you get better when you’re sad… right?
Right, you say, because Saeran is a prickly moron, but somehow his deranged antics make it hard to stay depressed.
Vanderwood is really bad at this gooey, lovey-dovey shit, so when they notice you don’t have quite as much pep in your step as usual, they aren’t really sure what to do. They do know, however, that they should do something, so they decide to tell you a joke.
“Knock knock,” they say, and you do a bit of a double-take, because Vanderwood isn’t really the type. But you’re intrigued enough that it momentarily distracts you from what’s making you gloomy, so you ask, “Who’s there?”
“Bless you,” they say, in a perfectly flat voice, and you laugh at how stupid it is.
“Knock knock,” they say again, hands in their pockets, and you’re delighted at this point.
They clear your throat. “Seven, you motherfucker, you know I don’t speak Arabic, so open your goddamn door.”
(You cover your face and snort.)
“Knock knock,” they say a third time, and you notice they look a bit shyer now.
“Al…” They rub their mouth, averting their eyes. “….Al give you a kiss if you open the door.”
You, sufficiently cheered up by this ridiculous display, peck them on the lips and thank them for being wonderfully embarrassing.
Sarah ran an old comb gently through her hair, teeth barely grazing skin, tendrils of gold and amber rising, falling, twisting, as she breathed it all in, commanding nature to stand still and savor something as pure as a memory of her.
We have now been married for just over 3 days (and let me tell you – marriage is pretty awesome.)
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you to all of you who have been following along. I know planning a wedding and buying a house and moving took up a huge chunk of my time in the last 6-8 months and there has been irregular (largely absent) blogging on my part.
With our house all moved into and our wedding now captured in photographs and memories, I’m hoping to get back to blogging again.
I miss y'all.
But thank you to everyone who has been here. For those of you who remember the early days of Sweetheart’s appearance in my life to those of you who just jumped on at the end to hear the wedding bells. Thank you for your support and congratulations.