spones prompt where someone tries to set McCoy up on a blind date and it turns out to be with Spock who McCoy is already well-acquainted with but the other person doesn't know they already know each other.
With a growl, Leonard rolled over and smacked at the communicator. He pulled the covers up over his head and tried to fall back to sleep. But then—
He snatched at the communicator and snapped it open. “What!”
“Bo~ones,” Jim sing-songed. “Are you ready for your date?”
Leonard buried his head into the pillowed. “M’not going.”
“C’mon, Bones! I spent four weeks talking you up to this guy. You need to get out of the dorm and start meeting people.”
“No I don’t.”
The testiness in Jim’s voice made Leonard wince. “Jim, I’m tired,” he said, definitely not whining. “I had to do a major reconstruction yesterday and the paperwork took four hours to finish!”
“Terrible,” Jim said, not sounding really that interested. “By the way I’m at your door.”
He scrambled to his feet just as Jim finished picking the lock. Leonard tried to shove Jim back out but Jim just barrelled on in. “Hurry up! Geeze, you’re going to go dressed like that? The no-shirt thing might be successful, but no one ever said banana pajamas were a good look.”
“Jim,” he warned.
“Here, try this.” Jim pulled a relatively clean shirt out of the pile. “It’s got buttons, so he’ll be impressed.”
Sensing that there was no winning against the might of Jim’s annoyance, Leonard resigned himself to his fate. He got dressed and even ran a brush through his hair. Jim gave him a breath mint and he crunched on it all down the stairs and out the door. He tried to tell himself that Jim wouldn’t set him up for failure as he took the train out of the city center.
Truthfully, Jim had been talking about this guy for nearly a year now. Every chance he got he told Leonard about his new friend from Philosophy club who Leonard would probably love to meet. Leonard had stalwartly refused, knowing he didn’t have time between studying and his residency to maintain many more friendships. Somehow Jim had interpreted this to mean he was looking for a romantic relationship and the issue had snowballed from there. Finally Leonard had agreed to meet him just so he could let the guy down easily.
Jim had said that he would recognize the man because he’d be wearing a green hat. Leonard scanned the crowd at the park swiftly, already rehearsing his, “it’s not either of us, it’s Jim” pre-dating break-up speech. As he looked he caught sight of one of his patients and his blood began to boil.
“Hey! You’re supposed to be under observation.”
Spock slowly turned to look at him, one eyebrow raising under his–fuck. Fuck! That was a green hat! “Doctor.”
Spock frowned. He was a damn menace and an all-around awkward person. He graced the halls of the hospital more often than he should, since Earth’s gravity tripped him up and Physics was one of the most unstable of the sciences, usually landing in Leonard’s lap since he was one of the few doing a xenobiology residency.
Leonard could see that his arm was still in a sling, bandaged to high heaven from the damn surgery he’d had yesterday. “If you will excuse me, I am waiting for someone.”
“Someone sent by one James “Terrible Friend” Kirk?”
Leonard sighed. “What are you doing out of the hospital, anyway?”
“I…had a date,” Spock said blankly.
“Uh-huh.” Leonard had no idea what to do, so he blustered. “Should’a known better than to leave you anyway. You snuck out three days early when I fixed those burns.”
“They were far less severe than you assumed.”
“And the time with the blood loss?”
Spock’s ear twitched. “It came back.”
Leonard sighed. “Here, let me have a look at you.”
He approached and began poking at Spock’s arm. It had been a difficult surgery and would require more time to heal since Spock was part Vulcan, but it didn’t look like Spock had hurt himself further. Spock patiently accepted his examination, his eyes following Leonard’s hands.
“You seem fine,” Leonard said, annoyed. “But you better not let me catch you doing something so fool-headed again.”
Spock raised a brow. “I had an appointment to keep I did not wish to miss.”
“Oh yeah? And all those other times, I suppose you had dates then, as well.”
Spock was quiet, then, “No,” he said, very softly. “Jim has spoken very highly of you, Doctor.”
“Oh?” Leonard tried to scoff, but he was blushing.
“He neglected to mention your profession, however. A curious oversight.” Spock’s brown eyes scanned him coolly. “This is acceptable. Where will you be taking me this evening?”
Leonard spluttered. “What? I mean, I was going to…” He stopped himself from saying dump you in the nick of time.
Spock just stared at him.
“I-I was going to…” He looked around quickly. “Take you for a walk…around the park?”
“Acceptable.” Spock offered him his non-broken arm and Leonard numbly took it. “Proceed.”
Leonard took a step. Then another. He desperately searched for some bit of small talk to occupy them. “So…uh… You and Jim met…through Philosophy club?”
“I thought you were a physicist?”
“I engage in many intellectual pursuits. Unlike one pursuing a medical degree I find that diversifying my learning is beneficial.”
Was that an insult? Leonard decided to get insulted. Just in case. “Bunch of abstract nothing, that’s what that is. Medicine is applied ethics.”
“An application without relevance.”
Okay, definitely an insult. Leonard grabbed onto the thread of conversation with both hands and tugged. If Spock thought he could best Leonard in the game of philosophy he had another thing coming. He opened his mouth.
They argued for the better part of four hours. Spock was witty and biting and Leonard was exhilarated and annoyed. They walked around the park until Leonard was exhausted and Spock made some crack about the limitations of the human body, then they got down the path of arguing about subjective meanings of bodily functionality, until pretty soon they were discussing the pros and cons of space colonization and then eventually they circled back around to medicine where they stayed until Spock abruptly looked up at the sky.
“It has grown dark,” he said, sounding mildly surprised.
“You can’t distract me. You said an ethical basis in the absence of harm is untenable for medicine as a whole, and I say—”
Spock stopped him with a peck on the cheek.
Leonard blinked, utterly gobsmacked.
“I meant no distraction,” Spock said mildly. “Merely that this conversation might be better concluded in a warmer environment.” His lip twitched. “My doctor has informed me I should take better care of my health. Will you accompany me home? I have tea.”
Spock looked so nervous that Leonard’s heart nearly melted. He felt himself soften. “Well,” he drawled. “I suppose I could be amenable to that. I, ah, need to keep an eye on that arm of yours anyway.”
“Indeed.” Spock’s lip twitched again. “You were saying? Regarding the ethical structure of the Hippocratic Oath?”
“As I was trying to say before I was so rudely interrupted…” Leonard continued, glaring good-naturedly at Spock as they walked together out of the park, sniping under the silver moon.
100 ways to say “I love you”:
1. You are beautiful.
2. I love your smile.
3. Here, let me get that for you.
4. I love seeing you wake up in the morning.
5. You are amazing.
6. I love (this) about you:
7. Stay safe. Text me when you get there.
8. I love when you do (this):
9. I think you’re beautiful when:
10. You’re too good for me.
11. I don’t deserve you.
12. I care about you.
13. Don’t put yourself down like that.
14. I adore you.
15. I can’t stop thinking about you.
16. Seeing you makes me smile.
17. I need you by my side.
18. I’m thankful for you.
19. You make me a better person.
20. You complete me.
21. Have a good day at work!
22. You’re the light of my life.
23. Seeing you makes my day.
24. I get butterflies every time we talk.
25. I’m so lucky to have you; I don’t know how I got so lucky.
26. You set my heart on fire.
27. I’ll walk you home.
28. I love to make you happy.
29. You’re my soulmate.
30. You’re my best friend.
31. I can’t wait to see you (again).
32. You mean the world to me.
33. You’re my rock.
34. I value you.
35. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
36. I love being around you.
37. Pull over and let me drive some.
38. Take my jacket, it’s cold outside.
39. I want you.
40. You complete me.
41. You’re my happiness.
42. Do you need anything?
43. I want to hold your hand and never let go.
44. You’re the only one for me.
45. You are my heaven on earth.
46. Every time I look at you I fall in love all over again.
47. Drive safe.
48. I don’t know what I’d do without you.
49. Forever isn’t too long, because I know I’ll be with you.
50. I’d rather argue with you than kiss someone else.
51. You look great today.
52. I love that _______ on you.
53. You look cute when you push your glasses up.
54. I’ll always be here; I’m here for you.
55. My heart hurts when you’re not around.
56. I can’t think of what my life would be like without you.
57. We’re perfect for each other.
58. I cherish you; you’re more important than anything else in my life.
59. I will love you until I die, and even after.
60. You’re mine.
61. I support you.
62. I’m addicted to you.
63. You’re perfect in my eyes.
64. Take this; it’ll help you feel better.
65. I can’t wait to see you.
66. You’re the only one for me.
67. I’m crazy about you.
68. I had an amazing time with you.
69. I feel so lucky to have you.
70. I’ll never let you go; I’ll never want to.
71. I hope this moment never ends.
72. You leave me breathless.
73. I’d do anything for you.
74. Seeing you happy makes me happy.
75. I’m sorry for hurting your feelings.
76. You always find a way to make me smile.
77. I can’t put what I feel for you into words; it’s too great.
78. I still get jealous even though I know you’re mine.
79. I’m listening to you.
80. I made this for you, I know it’s your favorite.
81. I’m excited and nervous for tonight with you.
82. I got you your favorite candy.
83. I’ll always care about you.
84. I made you breakfast.
85. I can never stay mad at you.
86. I love your eyes; they’re gorgeous.
87. I love that outfit on you.
88. You look so cute.
89. You’re the highlight of my day.
90. How’d you sleep?
91. Your smile makes my heart go crazy.
92. I hate seeing you cry.
93. It’s my job to make you happy.
94. I want to spend more time with you.
95. I’ll fix it.
96. I hate when we argue.
97. You’re the only person I want to live my life with.
98. You drive me crazy (in a good way).
99. I’m proud of you.
100. I trust you, I always will.
Proof my Physics teacher is the best kind of teacher
He hid a piglet inside his shirt during class. She’s so young that she needs external body heat to keep warm, and has to be fed every couple of hours.
No one suspected a thing until one of the students after class doubted that he had pigs. He even mentioned something moving and getting hungry inside his shirt, but we all thought it was just him being funny.
He hadn’t even named her yet, so when I asked him what her name was, he decided to name her Teacup.
1. you think she is beautiful even when she has acne all over her face and hair tied in a messy bun. you think she looks hot when she tries to be mad at you for being too hard on your self. you think she looks better than most of the human population and you think she looks best when she’s in your arms professing her love for you between sips of that bitter vodka you bought her.
2. you can’t stop thinking about her brown eyes, short black straight hair and freckled pointed nose. you can’t stop thinking of how her lips would feel against yours right this instance. you can’t stop thinking about how perfect her breasts feel in your hands. you can’t stop thinking about the late night conversation you had with her. you just can’t stop thinking about her even when you’re sipping coffee at starbucks, even when you’re watching a horror movie, even when you’re in class studying discrete math.
3. you know when she is angry, or when she is pissed at you for talking about other girls. you know what she likes to eat when she is on her period. you know when she is upset about that paper that she turned in late to her professor. you know she likes to be the centre of your attention always. you know she smiles when you hold her hand firmly in public. you know she bites her nails when she’s stressed out. you know her inside out.
4. you smile like a crazy man when you see her. you smile when someone says her name. you smile when you see a text message from her. you smile when you’re around her. you smile when people say you look good together. you smile when someone tells you she looks beautiful, like its a compliment for you and not her. you smile when she tells you she loves you. you smile when she tells you she loves to be your girl. you smile all day like an idiot and you smile until someone tells you to stop smiling because she’s not even around.
5. you talk about her to everyone, to your mom, to your bestfriend, to your room mate. you tell them everything about her. you tell them about how you read this tumblr post and it made you think of her. you tell them she’s perfect, not because of how she looks, or how smart she is, or how well she writes but because she’s yours. and only yours. you tell them how you don’t date a nine, but always a fucking ten, so yeah you tell everyone how and why she is a perfect ten.