Tagged by the-misty-mountains (thank you!)
- What is your favourite type of sky?
I think it might be sunset, on the evening before a sunny day. Or perhaps really, really starry nights which are only visible in certain parts of the world.
- How many hats do you own? Describe your favourite.
Oh, for shame! I don’t really wear hats, although I’d like to. I do love hats, I’ve just never found one I really like. I very almost bought a Georgian bonnet a couple of years ago. Now I shall search Ebay for hats, for my lack of them is just unacceptable. I’ll put the next thing I see on my head, meanwhile. Oh, right, that’s a cat. Very well.
- How many languages do you speak? Would you like to learn any more?
I am relatively fluent in English. I also speak a little English, and I know a few words of English. Oh dear… I took French GCSE, but the majority has escaped through an increasingly large void in my brain, but I should like to take it up again. I’d so love to speak other languages. I suppose I sometimes sing songs in Latin, Italian and Gaeilge, so, let’s say I am fluent in these. Yes.
- What’s the last thing you saw at the theatre (not the cinema)?
I believe that would be Sleeping Beauty! T'was splendulant.
- If you could transport yourself to any fictional land, which would it be? Why?
Ooh… I’d love to say Wonderland, but something about that frightens me a little. There are some pretty bloody terrifying monarchs there, you know. But, ah, no, I can think of no-where as wonderful as Wonderland, so I will happily settle for that, so long as I have some say on the whereabouts of my head. I adore the dreaminess of it all, and I think Wonderland is very similar to the worlds inside my own head, when my mind is being kind to me.
- Best cake you’ve ever eaten?
I rather adore lemon cake, and coffee cake. Ah, of course! ginger loaf is excellent. Ooh, golden syrup cake is wonderful too.
- How should you make tea?
Well, it is entirely dependent on the individual’s tastes, but for me, I like Yorkshire tea, strong, and with milk and a little sugar. But I think the best tea is strong, tastes of Christmas and is at least two-thirds sugar.
- Camping: yes or no?
Oh, most definitely. Though I’d probably stay up all night looking for owls and mice and will-o’-the-wisps.
- Where do you see yourself living in thirty years, in the city or the countryside?
Countryside, certainly, but close enough to a pretty town. Perhaps on the outskirts of Oxford or Bath…
- Llamas are terrifying. Discuss.
Well, how very dare you! I’ll have you know that my uncle was a llama! But he was disowned because, well, he was a tobacco addict, and he kept leaving black spit-stains on the carpet. But he was a splendid fellow. Went to live with Katharine Hepburn, but, you know, once Baby the leopard came into the scene, there was bound to be trouble.
- Which soft toy were you closest to during your childhood?
I did manage to accumulate 32 soft toys on my bed when I was a child, but I have since narrowed this down to four, with a little help
(brute force, rope and scissors) from my parents. I was especially attached to a panda when I was a toddler, which was twice the size of me, and also a scruffy little clown called Clown. Oh yes. Pronounced ‘Cle-awn’, like 'miaw’. I still marvel at my ingenious originality. But oh! how could I forget Sarah? Sarah, the little bean-filled labrador puppy. She fell into a river in Devon and my dad had to ruin his trousers to save her (and rightly so, I say!).
Thank you ever so much, Grace :3
Okee, my questions:
1. If you could live a day in the life of anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
2. What was the last thing that made your heart skip?
3. Did you have a primary school nickname, or something your friends/family called you when you were young? What was it?
4. What was your favourite poem when you were a child? What is your favourite poem now?
5. Would you rather: a) be able to only feel quite happy all of the time, for the rest of your life, or b) feel incredibly happy sometimes, with episodes of intense sadness?
6. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, but still retain your own mind, what would it be, and why?
7. Would you rather have black feathers or fur of a colour of your choice?
8. Would you rather have the ability to see faeries and spirits, or the ability to hear other people’s thoughts at will?
9. What is your favourite bird?
10. What occupation did you want to have when you were a child?
11. Presuming you have either read the 'His Dark Materials’ trilogy, or watched the film 'The Golden Compass’, what daemon do you think you would have, and why? If you don’t know what I’m talking about,
go and read them now and don’t come back until you do another question: what did you once believe in, but no longer do now?
And I shall tag:
Feel free to answer at your leisure, if you are so inclined. Or, of course, not, if you don’t want to. Have a splendid day, dear tumblebees, and thank you, Grace! x